What games are you currently playing?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Dissidia: Final Fantasy. I've just unlocked Gabranth, which (coupled with a flood of recommendations) has prompted me to buy FFXII. May the Composer help all those who reccomended this game to me if it falls below my expectations... >:p

Also, I've returned home to Shibuya with The World Ends With You.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Dissidia: Final Fantasy. I've just unlocked Gabranth, which (coupled with a flood of recommendations) has prompted me to buy FFXII. May the Composer help all those who reccomended this game to me if it falls below my expectations... >:p

Also, I've returned home to Shibuya with The World Ends With You.

FFXII is an excellent game, so we'll go 'no u' if you disagree :monster:.

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
Currently playing FFXII. Just made it to the Bahamut. Finishing the hunts and going after Omega XII.

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Currently playing FFXII. Just made it to the Bahamut. Finishing the hunts and going after Omega XII.

Have fun if you decide to do the "last" mark. :monster:

Just finished Tales of Vesperia, now playing Forza 2 again; an idiot changed my home region when I wasn't looking and now I need to earn millions of credits to buy locked cars. T.T

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
Yeah I heard its a bitch. That and it takes forever.

I think after I beat this game I'm going to attempt Xenogears again. Haven't played it for a while.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
FFXII is an excellent game, so we'll go 'no u' if you disagree :monster:.
:lol: Well, that's me told. But still, not keen on the battle system.

Power went off for a while over the weekend, so I didn't play much of FFXII. Instead, I battlegen'd most of the gems of Dissidia, and played through the "Another Day" chapter in The World Ends With You.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Batman: Arkham Asylum

A bit of a mass-market game in that it's not very difficult and contains a lot and follows a bit of a formula for popular franchise games, but I like it a lot - good characters (minus Batman himself, bit of a stereotypical do-gooder in this case), story's nice so far, atmosphere, battle system (mainly fighting moves) gets a big plus (but it's not very complicated), music is good, andsoforth.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You blow. What formula does it follow from other games?

And you should be playing on hard. Also, Batman is the original do-gooder, the original dark avenger, not afraid to come off as a villain or bad guy to the real villains. What sets him apart, is that he's fucking insane.

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Left 4 Dead, which I don't think I'll ever really stop playing. Assassin's Creed, FF Tactics, FF1 (GBA version) and FF6 on emulator.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've only played the singleplayer of L4D, and it didn't entice me to play it more often. Should I dish out some cash for L4D 2 once it's out (read: later, when it's less expensive) and play it online?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Have you tried the multiplayer for L4D1? If not, I really recommend doing so - way more fucking enjoyable than single player, whose only purpose really is to teach players how to play and familiarize people with the levels. Plus, it sounds like you already have the game, so you don't have to pay for it (unless you're running an illegal copy?). Plus the original game is still getting patched - something Steam says they'll continue even after the 2nd game is releasd.

L4D2...well, I'll probably end up getting it at some point. But watching gameplay vids, half of the maps are set during the daytime, which just takes away from the atmosphere a lot. On the other hand, chainsaws. Frying pans. Wandering witches. Zombie clowns.

tl;dr version: Buy the original. Play versus. See if you like, then look at gameplay vids of L4D2.

Cetra29

Final Fantasy Freak
AKA
Cetra, cetra1, Cetra29, Sephiroth
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Well, I'm done with the story of this Kingdom Hearts part. But this is no reason for me to stop enjoying it.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Omgz I'm a Pokemon nerd! :awesome:
Yeah, that's right it's Pokemon FireRed biatches!

Firered.jpg

And no, my Charmander is NOT at Level 7 anymore, he's actually at Level 14. Smexy.
I finally got my game back from my friend after fucking forever! :@ a month or so.
I'm never lending out this baby again. Ever. :(

Emma

The Minish Elf
Omgz I'm a Pokemon nerd! :awesome:
Yeah, that's right it's Pokemon FireRed biatches!

Firered.jpg

And no, my Charmander is NOT at Level 7 anymore, he's actually at Level 14. Smexy.
I finally got my game back from my friend after fucking forever! :@ a month or so.
I'm never lending out this baby again. Ever. :(

Your Charmander will soon kick butt! :>
I'm also a Pokemon nerd, and I too have recently jumped back into the Pokemon world. I'm playing the original red (A lot better to me cause its older :> ), Fire Red and Platinum.
My Dragonite is level 12 and my Pichachu and Bulbasaur are levels 13 and 11 :P

I've also started to play L4D and Mass Effect. :D

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Your Charmander will soon kick butt! :>
I'm also a Pokemon nerd, and I too have recently jumped back into the Pokemon world. I'm playing the original red (A lot better to me cause its older :> ), Fire Red and Platinum.
My Dragonite is level 12 and my Pichachu and Bulbasaur are levels 13 and 11 :P

I've also started to play L4D and Mass Effect. :D

Yup I'm hoping he will. And yay Pokemon nerds unite! Lol, my Charmander already has Metal Claw. I also have a lvl. 8 Kakuna, a lvl. 9 Metapod, a lvl. 11 Mankey, a lvl. 11 Spearow, aaaand a lvl. 2 Pikachu. I;m about to start raising my Pikachu soon.

Yes the older generation games are just nostalgic and they're still soo fun. I used to have Pokemon Yellow Version it was the 'special' one. ^_^

I want to play L4D :'( but I don't have an X-Box 360 or any money.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I have a dragon team on LeafGreen, it has Dragonite, Raquayza, Altaria, Salamence, Charizard and Flygon. Though I should change to Raquayza to Garchomp or something.

Emma

The Minish Elf
(Is there a club for Pokemon nerds I can join?)
Aw, well, if it helps, I didn't have the money either. My brother sent my other little brothers a Xbox 360. The system is so weak, you get a thing called "Red Ring of Death" that totals your discs and sometimes, the actual system.

L4D is totally awesome though! Shooting zombies is always a awesome in my book, but the way the zombies jump out at you, its so scary!

@Terra:
Good team! I love dragon teams and grass teams! They kick butt! :)

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
(Is there a club for Pokemon nerds I can join?)
Aw, well, if it helps, I didn't have the money either. My brother sent my other little brothers a Xbox 360. The system is so weak, you get a thing called "Red Ring of Death" that totals your discs and sometimes, the actual system.

L4D is totally awesome though! Shooting zombies is always a awesome in my book, but the way the zombies jump out at you, its so scary!

@Terra:
Good team! I love dragon teams and grass teams! They kick butt! :)

Ooh that sucks about the 'red ring of death' thing. I've had my PS2 for like four years now and that NEVER happened. It's a pretty durable piece of hardware.

Yay scary zombies! It sounds better than the RE series. I like how the game-play focuses on the cooperative aspect of it. It forces you to team up with other players, I've always liked cooperative multi-player games.

I can make a club for Pokemon nerds that you guys can join. Yeah my team's like a complex mix of grass, normal (I forgot to add in my lvl. 10 Rattata), and dragon-type Pokemon. I want to get a Dragonite later on and an Altaria too at some point. ^_^

Then my team will be even more kick-ass.

Emma

The Minish Elf
Ooh that sucks about the 'red ring of death' thing. I've had my PS2 for like four years now and that NEVER happened. It's a pretty durable piece of hardware.

Yay scary zombies! It sounds better than the RE series. I like how the game-play focuses on the cooperative aspect of it. It forces you to team up with other players, I've always liked cooperative multi-player games.

I can make a club for Pokemon nerds that you guys can join.

Yea, its sad because my brothers had to get their copy of Halo 3 fixed at the disc cleaning place at Hastings a million times >.> PS systems are way better. They last longer as well. I've had my PS1 since 1995 and it still runs well.

Yes, the game does force you to play together. Its awesome, I can't describe it. :D
I wouldn't say its better than RE though, or at least not the old RE games lol
Yay, start the club so I can join ^^

Has anyone else here played Halo 3: ODST yet? Its way better than Halo 3 or 2. Halo 1 one great, but the others were a bore to me >_>

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
I hope you're playing in japanese.

Yup.

I want to play L4D :'( but I don't have an X-Box 360 or any money.

How about your PC?

Haven't heard of the disc-scratching problem in a while, but why not see if you can get it replaced if it's still under warranty? Though I'm fairly certain it's not covered under the 3-year warranty extension for the RRoD, which is a separate issue AFAIK.

And while I love my PS3, ignoring the PS2's adaptor and launch console problems, Sony's got issues too. YLoD, anyone? Seems like more and more problems are cropping up just outside of warranty.

Top Bottom