What games are you currently playing?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - tried clearing Score Attack mode. I didn't even get as far as the Unlimited boss characters: Jin Kisaragi is so cheap.

However, as I was feeling so lethargic, I was able to apply myself to getting two trophies that normally I'd find too boring to get (as they require doing a certain action multiple times).

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Played a bit of Fable 3 yesterday. Bit buggy in places. Might get a chance to play a bit more tonight.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

The noble forces of the Imperial Guard have purged the planet of Kronus of the heretical followers of Chaos.

Somehow, clearing out their stronghold was easier than one of their lesser territories. Also, it was easier with the Guard than it was when I was playing through the Necron campaign, despite the Necrons being made of iron, while the Guard are armoured with cardboard.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Playing both Counter-Strike (again) and the classic Age of Wonders (2), which is one of those games that never gets old - although turn-based strategy may not be one's thing.

I heard they were going to make a 4th installment too.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade Imperial Guard campaign.

Somehow, Space Marines are harder to beat than Chaos or Necrons.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Just finished this past weekend a two month couple-hours-each-Saturday Halo 1/2/3 coop campaign playthrough with a good friend of mine, who had played Halo before and thought I should play it because it's awesome and shit.

Turns out he was right, it was pretty awesome and this weekend we'll be starting the Reach campaign. And then being the obsessive-complusive I am about stories I enjoy I'll probably go buy/borrow the novels.

Also soundtracks in all the games are fantastic. <3

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade Imperial Guard campaign

Managed to get past the map that was causing me problems against the Marines (Oreston Plains). Instead of trying to branch out from both exits from my starting area, I used area denial by filling one exit with five heavy bolter emplacements (two upgraded to missile launchers), three Guard squads, a Hellhound, a Basilisk and eventually, a Leman Russ.

I had similar group move out from the opposite exit (minus Basilisk and add a Chimera APC). I managed to set up a blockade at the rear of one of the Marine bases, and sent my area denial group forward to capture a Relic strategic point.

This allowed me to level one base with the Baneblade. >: D

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

I am in a nostalgic Zelda mood. Gonna dust off my collection and get to Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time next.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Last Window

Professor Layton and the Lost Future

Crisis Core < more of a chore to be honest

Blade Runner on PC < pre rendered backdrops for the win!

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Having a Mario party with my cous' 360 today :monster:

Mass Effect 2
Transformers War for Cybertron
Deadspace

gonna try Black Ops latar

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Black ops - shit but i paid 45 quid for it som il be damned if i dont take my rage on the 14yr old americans who troll it.

Fable 3 - second play through as a badass this time.

Fallout New Vegas - Still got to go back and raise the brotherhood up from the ashes.

Bordelands - DL'ed all the new expansions so need to go back and do these now :P

Mass Effect 2 - Got to start the shadow broker segment :P

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Dead Space

I'm glad I randomly downloaded the Obsidian suit when it was free and I didn't have the game, since I could now redownload it without having to pay for it. Except now I want to use the standard suits to try it out normally.

I'm liking the game a lot more than I thought I would based on the demo, which didn't really do much for me.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Heavy Rain.

I don't know why I haven't played this sooner, but I got it about a week ago and just started playing yesterday. Haven't really stopped since.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Dawn of War: Dark Cru-- you know the rest.

Taking the fight to the Necron stronghold. Skirmish ongoing. Will keep High Command (i.e., you guys) in the loop with frequent sitreps.

But amazingly, I have seen something in the campaign mode for the first time. One CPU race managed to conquer another CPU race. :O

Mega Man 10

Great sidescrolling with creative level designs and bosses which require skill and memorization to defeat even when you have the right weapon against them.
The music is quite good but from just listening to the Mega Man 9 soundtrack I think that one was more well-balanced.

The game is hard. "Nintendo 8-bit"-hard. Playing through the Normal difficulty for the first time led to many Game Overs and Continues. This game doesn't hold your hand and needs repeated playthroughs in order to be mastered. But...SO many pit fall deaths. I'm playing the game a second time now and while I'm much better than in the first run most of my deaths are due to falling into pits... I hope my heart can take it.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
DoW: Dark Crusade

Necron stronghold was hilariously easy with the Imperial Guard. At the end, you need to get your army commander from one side of the map to the other in eight minutes.

All Imperial Guard buildings are linked to each other, so I made it with seven minutes to spare. :awesome:

The only worrying bit was when the Pylon of the Void Dragon took control of my Baneblade. D: Two Basilisks later, and both problems were dealt with.

And then being the obsessive-complusive I am about stories I enjoy I'll probably go buy/borrow the novels.

If you know someone who got the Hardened or Legendary edition of Reach, ask to borrow Hasley's journal. It's actually a fantastic read and gives you a lot of depth into the Spartans being created and Cortana.

Also, Halo Legends. <3

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Got my PSP so started playing:
Crisis Core
YuGiOh TF4
FF: Dissidia
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce

Waiting on Birth By Sleep..

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
DoW: Dark Crusade

Started feeling a bit tired last night, so I didn't make the final push on the ork base in that level. But I have a Baneblade on my front line, so I'm sure it'll be fine

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
mass effect 2, finishing all the side quests. and loyalty missions. NO ONE WILL DIE ON MY WATCH OH NO

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Mass Effect 2, first playthrough on Hardcore, :monster:

Progress: Breaking Jack out.

Top Bottom