What games are you currently playing?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
@X-SOLDIER
actually no, I got it right after I left Kalm for the first time.

It requires a lot of preparation and the elemental materia though. What I did was I maxed out everyone's limit bars, gave everybody tranquilizers, and put them all in the back row so that defense was maxed. I gave Cloud the fire-elemental combination and the E. Skill, Tifa the poison and Red XIII the cure and sense. The basic strategy is to do all the limit breaks first, then bio and then regular attacks and cure. When the Zolem casts Beta, everybody dies except Cloud who casts Beta right back at the Zolem.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
In my current playthrough I was planning on taking the Tiny Bronco over there and picking it up, which will be the earliest I ever got it. But that's a pretty cool strategy.

On that note, yes, the games I'm currently playing are FF7 and FF12.

In my current playthrough I was planning on taking the Tiny Bronco over there and picking it up, which will be the earliest I ever got it. But that's a pretty cool strategy.

On that note, yes, the games I'm currently playing are FF7 and FF12.

You mean you don't get Beta as soon as you get the Buggy?
...Meh, maybe I'm just too hardcore. :awesome:

I'm still playing FFVII, but at the moment I'm doing more research about FFVII rather than playing it. Once I get a new computer I'll be playing the PC version, from beginning to end for the first time. =)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Started Mass Effect. I have trouble choosing what my character's class/appearance is in WoW, so I'm sure you can imagine how damn long it took me to make my Shepard. But finally ended up with:

Kate Shepard
Spacer
War Hero
Infiltrator

Even by the end of the first cutscene I felt way more engaged than I had the first time around, because first time around I just went with generic Matthew Fox Shepard and that was a mistake.
HNNNNNNNNNNNNGH FEMSHEP I WANT UR BABIES

Also, high five for being part of the Infiltrator club! >:3

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Started Mass Effect. I have trouble choosing what my character's class/appearance is in WoW, so I'm sure you can imagine how damn long it took me to make my Shepard. But finally ended up with:

Kate Shepard
Spacer
War Hero
Infiltrator

Even by the end of the first cutscene I felt way more engaged than I had the first time around, because first time around I just went with generic Matthew Fox Shepard and that was a mistake.

pix plz :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana

Kate Shepard
Spacer
War Hero
Infiltrator

Pro-tip: Pour all your initial points into Cryo Ammo and upgrade it to squad ammo.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Beat a dragon boss in DA:O through silly cover exploits

This game is silly

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Clearing one character's story mode per night. And by clearing, I mean 100% completion. :D Mwa-ha-ha-ha...

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
HNNNNNNNNNNNNGH FEMSHEP I WANT UR BABIES

Also, high five for being part of the Infiltrator club! >:3

*high fives* Sniper rifles/assassination + sabotage/overload ftmfw.

Will post some when I get home from work.

Pro-tip: Buy Mass Effect 2
then pour all your initial points into Cryo Ammo and upgrade it to squad ammo.;.;

Already planning on buying it. :monster:

This was me yesterday:

Wake up. Eat breakfast. Figure I'll go play some Mass Effect for a little bit.

Ten hours later

*looks out window* HOLY SHIT WHY IS IT DARK OUTSIDE ah fuck it I'll just explore one more planet.

Seriously, this game is the fucking definition of immersive. Even when I'm not playing it I'm thinking about it - what mission I'll do next, how I want to spend my talent points, what different choices I'll make on my next playthrough. And I'm only like 12 hours in.

Also, I am now a Commando. It was a hard choice between that and operative, but in shooters I always figure more damage/survivability is always good in every situation. And hooray for improved assassination.

And question: did the xbox version have as many bugs as the PC version? Because there are a lot.
- glitchy graphics, to the point where I disabled dynamic shadows 'cause it was annoying the fuck out of me
- the in-game control that's listed to get out of the Mako is wrong. I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how the hell I was supposed to interact with things from inside the Mako because I couldn't get out xD
- squad members getting stuck. On lots of things.
- elevators freezing so you have to restart. This happened to me and I hadn't saved in about 45 minutes. There was a lot of swearing involved
- Getting instant killed when my Mako was near the edge of a bridge, even though it hadn't fallen off and wasn't about to
- enemies getting stuck halfway in terrain. Sneaky bastards.

That said, the game's so awesome I don't really mind the bugs. I hope they fix some of them in 2 though.

I'm still playing FFXII, because when I start something I like to finish it. I'm stupid that way. Honestly, it's not engaging me. If Ashe would die, that would be something.

I knew FFVII entire story before I played it and it was still more interesting than this soggy tale.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
More ME.

Well holy shit character death.

First, the thing with Wrex - I was all "Oh I'll just talk him down, I've maxed out in Charm after all!" but then BAM, ASHLEY SHOOTS HIM. I raged super hard and promptly reloaded my last save and saved him. Wrex is my fave character, no way I'm letting him die.

Then, the choice between Kaidan and Ashley. The second Captain whatshisface said he needed to take one of my team I got a bad feeling and made an extra save point. Sent Ashley with him, and then when it came to the choice I decided to save Ash 'cause I hoped Kaidan would be protected by my romantic interest plot armor.

NOPE.

Went back and spent about half an hour trying to save both of them before I confirmed my fears through the power of Google that one of them had to die. Finally chose to save Kaidan. Sorry Ash. :(

Also, my mother is buying me ME2 for Christmas. :joy:

Currently Playing ---> Pokemon Crystal and FireRed.

Hey! I have a shiny Raichu! Where'd that come from? Huh. I don't ever remember it being there. Maybe it's Brandon's from a while back.... >.>

And question: did the xbox version have as many bugs as the PC version? Because there are a lot.

Not as bad but I recall the one I hated was sometimes getting stuck in place, particularly if I was walking on rocks or some uneven area. Nothing to do but restart, which almost made me stop playing at one point.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
LOL YOU ROMANCED KAIDEN

sorry, I had to :(

But omg yeah, with you on it being incredibly immersive. My days were sucked away by ME1, and I went in expecting to hate the game. And omg Wrex is awesome.

I need to buy my own copy, though, so I can start making new characters ;.;

Such a good series. O my god. Srsly.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
LOL YOU ROMANCED KAIDEN

sorry, I had to :(

Kaidan is rather bland, I have to say, but Liara does absolutely nothing for me. Easily my least favourite character.

Which is a shame, because everyone knows that lesbians make everything better.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
but Liara does absolutely nothing for me. Easily my least favourite character.

I motion the courts to recognise u totally mad

When I first encountered Liara in ME2 I was like "wait what WHAT WHAAAAAT."

EDIT:

HMWSR X with 2x Scram Rail X and High Explosive Rounds IX

Give them to yourself and your two party members
Give the physics engine a field day :awesome:

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
I motion the courts to recognise u totally mad

:awesome:

HMWSR X with 2x Scram Rail X and High Explosive Rounds IX

Give them to yourself and your two party members
Give the physics engine a field day :awesome:
High Explosive Rounds are possibly my most favourite thing ever.

Anyways, beat the first game.
Slept with Kaiden, saved the Council, got Captain Anderson a new job (fuck the Ambassador, man, who the hell would pick that dickwad). Final boss fight against Soveriegn!Saren was funnn, jfc he took a long time to die.
Never got the achieve for completing most of the game, so I think I'll go back to my pre-Ilos save and try and find more of the sidequests. Very excited to have my profile carry over to ME2, and I've already started a new hardcore game as Earthborn/Ruthless in which I intend to be a total asshole to everyone. And romance Liara just 'cause.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
The World Ends With You.

Again. ^__^

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Battlefield Bad Company 2. Lots of people praise it for its multiplayer, but I'm not there yet. Playing the singleplayer so far, which is good and feels longer (although less intense) than probably its direct adversary CoD.

Loses points on graphics though, and I don't mean in quality, but in terms of performance. I had to look up on the internet how to get acceptable frame rates, turning off bloom and forcing DX9 mode in the config got it up to acceptable.

Top Bottom