What games are you currently playing?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, here are the rest of my thoughts on PixelJunk Shooter 2:

The second Zone is a really nice progression through the levels from the previous game, slightly redesigned, with some new enemies. Aside from a about two moments of, "the last guy's rescued, and not something popped out at the end and insta-killed me, start over" moments, it was tons of fun. You NEED to learn to use the super spin attack, because it will save your ass a lot here, and MUCH more later. The new SHMUP-tpye enemies that shoot a ton of bullets are slightly aggrivating, but they make you focus on different skills that are VERY much needed later on. The boss "King Terrapin" was perfect. PixelJunk Shooter 2 is pushing the SHMUP elements a lot more heavily in this game, and they mix them together with the previous boss-type elements for a fantastic experience. This boss is literally 50/50 between the two, but it's brilliantly executed, and I managed to take him down in one go.

Then comes Zone 3.

It's all about Light and Darkness.

So to put this in perspective, I missed 2 crystals in the first Zone, and 3 or 4 in the second zone. I missed over 15 in this Zone, AND missed one of the special survivors (The only time I've ever done that). Not only are the Light/Dark mechanics challenging, they offer a VERY different feel than has previously been done. It's stressful in all the right ways. They've got new challenging enemies in this area as well. Overall, of everything in PixelJunk Shooter 2, even though this Zone features less combining of elements, because it's so damn dark, it's easily the most solid feeling of progression for those who loved the first game. It feels the most familiar and new at the same time. Also, because they're working backwards, in heading towards the surface, you WILL learn to fear those little bats from the first level of PJS1. The final boss is pretty tough, but has clear patterns that requires a lot of skill and good execution to defeat. I died a TON of times, but wasn't at all frustrated, like I was with the first boss. Perfect note to go out on.

Essentially the game went through, New Elements, SHMUP, & then finally combined everything into what was my favorite experience in either game. The final thing is that there's a game-specific reward hinted at in the end credits for finding all the gems. Looks like I'm going back through, and spending a LOT more time in the dark. :D

Again, still haven't tried Online Mode yet, but I hear nothing but great things about it.

X :neo:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Crysis 2 demo

Looks nice, plays nice, but it's really just a more futuristic form of Modern Warfare in terms of multiplayer format and some interesting game modes. The stealth and armor toggling adds a bit of flavour to the gameplay, but seriously this is hardly a genre-defining or groundbreaking game, especially compared to the first.

It's an inoffensive shooter, at best. I doubt I'll be drawn to the story for long enough to play this on a long-term basis.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Fatal Frame 3. Not very far yet, but it's really cool as far as I have gotten. Jumped a few times at the beginning... OAO

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
^ Also Jealous, isn't out until Friday here in the UK.
I'm currently playing Fallout New Vegas, just got the Platinum Trophy. :monster:

At level 26 & I haven't been to the strip yet, haven't decided to go for NCR or House ending yet. I cba to do the Brotherhood missions.....

... and Mr House does ask you to wipe them out.... :shifty:

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I just finished playing the DLC for Assassin's Creed II: Brotherhood, The Da Vinci Disappearance. It was fun and interesting and I wish there was more. But now I have to wait until Assassin's Creed 3. :( Unless, that is, they come out with some more.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Crysis 2 demo

Looks nice, plays nice, but it's really just a more futuristic form of Modern Warfare in terms of multiplayer format and some interesting game modes. The stealth and armor toggling adds a bit of flavour to the gameplay, but seriously this is hardly a genre-defining or groundbreaking game, especially compared to the first.

It's an inoffensive shooter, at best. I doubt I'll be drawn to the story for long enough to play this on a long-term basis.

It does not play nice, imho.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
After playing the demo, I'd say that the Multiplayer is not a genre-defining game. It is as you said like CoD's multiplayer, although it takes out all of the bad aspects of CoD's multiplayer (and that is ALOT of it.). It's just more INTERESTING than other shooters and it looks as though it will keep that interest for a long time because it isn't just taking one feature and selling on that.

After looking at some videos of the singleplayer for the first and second game, I can safely say that THIS is where the genre-defining experience comes into play. There really isn't another game that offers everything that this one does and I just can't wait to get my hands on it. The multiplayer is pretty and plays lovely, and probably will for a long time with interest always invested in it; to me however, I'm just psyched up for the campaign.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
I stopped playing Vesperia for a bit because I've been painting my parents' house, and now I can't get back into it. :/

Oh wellz. I might watch some walkthrough vids to get the mood back.

But I keep seeing the Eternal Poison box in my top drawer. Looks fun. So mebbe I'll play that.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
DQIX - item farming from the randomly growing items on the world map. Also doing a bit of level-grinding (Bud Brothers are the only monsters in the area who still ALWAYS chase me).

Also, Mousehunt.
^As above. Working my way through a few quests on DQIX.

Will be starting Pokemon White when I get home.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
About to start Dragon Age (the first one). Watching it install or something.

... ... ...

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I should be starting Pokemon White at the weekend, now that Dragon Age 2 is finished.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Final Fantasy IV and Crystal Chronicles. Although I've been showing a little more love for Chronicles.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
finally got my ass around to playing Ven's story in Birth By Sleep I had started liveblogging some of it on tumblr basically making fun of it and someone unfollowed me

I am not even sorry about this as much as I love the game it is way too easy to make fun of it

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Still playing Dragon Age 2, having trawled through virtually every single Kirkwall quest which puts my playthrough as pretty damn long :monster:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2's campaign is pretty inoffensive. Arguably more linear about it, but then again it hasn't been the most free-roaming shooter anyway, and it works in its favour when it has strong set pieces. Plus everything looks nice, etc. Some things tend not to blow up the way you'd expect, (eg. a rope bridge holding up under a rocket blast) but nothing spectacularly offensive.

I guess I could get into the multiplayer pretty fast after this.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
FEAR 1

okay so the game gives you no help with the controls as far as throwing grenades goes and even on easy you will probably run out of bullets because the hit detection is awful and the enemies randomly spawn of out satan's anus so arguably the most scary part of the game isn't alma randomly showing up and being like HI I BURN U it's more like endlessly dying because there are too many fucking enemies in dis game

and my god why the fuck does the army hate me anyways

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Pokemon White - level-grinding before the second gym.

Also, just discovered that the phone I've had for almost three years has a Tetris demo on it.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Pokemon White. Just caught myself a Victini, evolved my Growlithe into Arcanine and preparing for the third gym.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Sick of, and disappointed by DA2, I went out and got myself the GOTY edition of Oblivion for PS3. Pretty good so far, even if the menu system is aweful. Just purchased a run down shack near the waterfront, it's empty & the upgrades are to pricey for me. <_<

What's the fastest way to earn money & how to I get a discount on buying stuff? :huh:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Sick of, and disappointed by DA2, I went out and got myself the GOTY edition of Oblivion for PS3. Pretty good so far, even if the menu system is aweful. Just purchased a run down shack near the waterfront, it's empty & the upgrades are to pricey for me. <_<

What's the fastest way to earn money & how to I get a discount on buying stuff? :huh:
I bought this not long ago for PS3 aswell. I just really felt like some Oblivion and I lost my 360 copy. Was nice to have all the extras for this one too, the shivering isles is pretty awesome.

I'm not gonna lie, I often find myself using exploits in that game for money and all that. I still found the fun was there to be had even after doing that, so I'm happy enough with it. And to be honest there are plenty of cheats out there.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Playing FFVIII because the PS2 is the only console I own right now.
DRAWDRAWDRAWDRAWRJUNCTIONPOWERLEVELFUCKYEAH

Top Bottom