What games are you currently playing?

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Assassin's creed odyssey - literally can't put this game down. Loving the gameplay and story but the size of the game is ridiculous!

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I picked up Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the Steam winter sale. Spent the first 5 hours of my game stuffing my pockets with everything that isn't nailed down, and desperately making sure my cat doesn't die.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
New Gundam Breaker is an exercise in pain.... slow, painful... pain.

The only reason I play it is because it helps inspire me for whenever Gundam Breaker 4 comes out.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Doing Shadow of War now, it's a decent game; very much a sequel to the original though, same engine, graphics, mechanics, ork / Uruk (?) names, and a story that's not easy to get into which leans a bit too heavily on "tropes" introduced by the films, a lot like the wave of nostalgia - just (thankfully) not as thiccly layered / obvious as idk, yet another even bigger Death Star with a critical weak spot.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I've been playing a lot of Sunless Sea and I have to say the atmosphere really sucks ya into it. It should feel repetitive, but it doesn't.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Been juggling between Destiny 2 and FFXIV and allowing a backlog of PS4 games to build up more and more, I'll get round to playing them sometime...... maybe 2020.

Fangu

Great Old One
@Cthulhu how are you liking Witcher 3? I played the first hour and a half ish last night and it's not tickling my anything yet. The battle system is okay but the story is kinda mediocre imo. Not sure if I'm gonna keep playing or just go back to Yakuza Kiwami.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
@Cthulhu how are you liking Witcher 3? I played the first hour and a half ish last night and it's not tickling my anything yet. The battle system is okay but the story is kinda mediocre imo. Not sure if I'm gonna keep playing or just go back to Yakuza Kiwami.

I don't blame you; it's really slow to get started and to get into, and it kinda implies that you should've played the previous games or read some of the books before (which IMO is a bad thing), and then there's the gameplay itself which is (again IMO) kinda poor and lacking in polish. I mean moving around can be frustrating (and they partially fixed it with a setting later on that allows you to switch to a less realistic but more usable movement animation), and when you get a prompt "X to interact", it doesn't work because you need to be a bit closer to the thing than the prompt indicates. That should've been fixed ages ago in a patch.

Then there's the slow leveling system - I'm close to the end I think and only level 27 or so? Furthermore it's hard to make money at first, no solid way to do it, and there's not a lot of monsters around you can farm for their (sellable) parts. I guess the random questionmark markers on the map could help to get gear, at least.

Anyway, I tried it on PC at first er, probably over 2 years ago now? It ran like shit, framerate was just poor even on the lowest (and worst looking) graphics settings. I later got it for the PS4 and managed to get further. It started to click - story-wise at least - in the second area of the game, Novigrad, where you get two options to progress the main quest - it's neat that you can do it out of order. It opened up a self-contained story full of lore and hideous designs and shit like that. Let me see if I can find a story playthrough of that quest at least, you can watch it and see if it intrigues you.

TL;DR it's not actually that great a game for a number of reasons, and I needed several retries to get as far as I did. Still haven't finished it btw, lol.

edit: they should've recorded that one without the music, fuck me that gets annoying :monster:

Last edited:

Ghost X

Have played a board game called Bunny Kingdoms a few times. I've only ever played it with two players. Would want to play with more to see if it makes the game more fun. I think it is pretty good though.

Played another game, forgot what it was called. Was cooperative, and I played it with 3 players, but you can have as many players as there is abilities in the game, as they are divided among the players. Those abilities are: directional movement (up, down, left, right), climbing escalators, opening new parts of the map, teleporting, etc. You basically got to collect 4 items, and escape a mall, before the time runs out (in the form of an egg timer, which you can flip over a limited amount of times, if you land on the appropriate square). You can't communicate beyond moving a pawn-shaped object to the person who you believe must make an action. Was pretty fun. Games are generally quick. Hardest part is opening up all the map to collect all the items, as that is where most of the potential conflict in people's game plans occurs. The escape part is pretty easy. There are multiple scenarios though, and I only played one scenario, so perhaps there is other ways to play this game that is different to what I described.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Welp I thought I was nearly at the end (
battle of Kaer Morhen
) aaaand it's not :monster:. 80 hours and counting.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Right now I am working on Red Dead Redemption 2. Really great game. I am getting near the end and should finish it by this weekend. After that I have to jump onto God of War. (Yes, I am late to the party because my backlog is ridiculous)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Neat; both Hitman (the episodic remake wotsit) and For Honor are 'free' on PS Plus atm. I digged the Hitman demo and have been doing two more episodes since then. Big replay value.

For Honor, I'm not sure yet; I did the tutorial and it was pretty difficult, also because the 'set direction' and 'block' knobs use the same thumb :closedmonster:. Probably doing it wrong. The singleplayer so far is a bit more forgiving in that you don't seem to have to press the block button. Let's see where this goes.

Reactions: Joe

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Finished Hitman; it has plenty of replay value, but after the first run of a level taking you well over an hour, it gets pretty er, lame in a way? idk, I just yeeted Paris in 5 minutes:

Start as a technician, start with a sniper rifle hidden in the shed and a lockpick; grab the fireworks controller, yeet to the shed to get the sniper (and a crowbar if you don't have the lockpick), sneak to the big pile driver floating wotsit, hit the fireworks (probably something you can do well before getting to the float), wait for the targets to come outside to look, pew pew. Not perfect mind you, high chance their bodies are found, but hey. Exit through the helicopter.

I don't like For Honor much, the gameplay is a bit clunky due to the system used; probably great fun in multiplayer if you're into that kinda thing though.

Aand resubbed FFXIV, what have I done. It's not that great of an experience though, I need to bump up my ilvl in order to do the next set of content, need to get to ilvl 355 - 365 - that will involve grinding Mendacity (no limit on that at least) for armor and/or Ridorana Lighthouse, and/or Genesis tokens (450 / week cap), and/or Sigmascape Savage. Should probably see to doing that last one, I also need a much better weapon (stuck on 320 for that one atm, :/ ). For weapon another option is to grind 1000 Mendacity and Sigmascape 2.0 (savage). Blargh!

edit: oh I can get an ilvl 335 weapon, already have the Deltascape 4.0 wotsits, just need 5 more tokens of Creation. Those are from lvl 50/60 roulette or main scenario one though, heck! Back to the grind I guess. Anyway I can upgrade that to 345, gives me a chance in the savage thingies.

Last edited:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Just picked up the Mass Effect trilogy for £5.50 from a CD Keys website, only really played ME2 so time to get stuck into this trilogy.

Can't wait

Top Bottom