• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What games are you currently playing?

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
Cotinuing my tradition of starting a game franchies years after it's been released and the hype has died, I have started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. This game was made for me!

That is the only title i have yet to play. I loved dragon age 1. I was dissapointed with dragon age 2 i never even finished it. Was hoping to play inguisition at some point

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I thought Origins was pretty fun. Never tried 2 given the negative sentiment. Played a couple hours of Inquisition but after it vomited 30 million hinterland sidequests at me I gave up

Ah, you see, the 30 million Hinterland sidequests is what I like about it.
I rarely finish a game; I often don't finish novels, and I very often don't watch the last episode of a TV series I'm very invested in. I just don't like it when things ends. However, with DA:I I think I may have found the neverending game at last.

Reactions: Wol

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Inquisition was my first DA and I couldn't praise it enough.

World, setting, lore, explorarion, art direction, plot twists, charismatic characters, varied gameplay with each character having their role, customization, interesting side-content, one of the best motherfucking main themes, holy shit Wicked Hearts questline... so many memorable events.

Conclusion: I played almost 200 hours (20 hours alone just reading lore pages, probably) and I don't regret a second.

One of the things I love about it is that I'm not always being forced to listen to music. Quite often when we're running around the world, all I can hear is the ambient noises. It's lovely.

Reactions: Wol

kiwi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Crysis 2 demo

Looks nice, plays nice, but it's really just a more futuristic form of Modern Warfare in terms of multiplayer format and some interesting game modes. The stealth and armor toggling adds a bit of flavour to the gameplay, but seriously this is hardly a genre-defining or groundbreaking game, especially compared to the first.

It's an inoffensive shooter, at best. I doubt I'll be drawn to the story for long enough to play this on a long-term basis.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Been replaying the HD version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. I've a real soft spot for PW but the HD version definitely suffers from being a home console port of a game originally designed for portable play. Some of the additional missions and features become very grindy.

Ghost X

Played an indie 2D platformer called Self, which although really short (I think I finished it in 5 minutes), had an interesting concept. To finish a (screen-sized) level, you have to collect a few token things to remove the exit door. This generally requires that you jump and release (what I understood to be) your soul that comes out of you like a sausage balloon, and you have control over which direction it goes. Your body freezes in space as this happens, and the soul acts as a sling shot for you to double jump once the animation ends. Had nice music also. 3.5/5 stars :mon:.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Final Fantasy XI

Free trial period through this next week so I want to finally dive in and get into it. I think there is some new stuff coming out for it soon as well for the 20th anniversary next year, if not already.

Also playing Yakuza 0 as well. Taking a break from it since I got burned out on pool and mahjong. Still on chapter 1 about 27 hours in completing all the side stuff lol.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I concluded the first "season" of Another Eden; latest revelations were cool and a bit tragic, but nonetheless a hidden power opened new possibilities.

Screenshot_20210523_070655_games.wfs.anothereden.jpg

Now I'm doing one of the available side-stories, they are like self-contained arcs introducing new characters and places to explore; the one I'm doing now also introduced a fishing mini-game.

Another Eden has proven to be a great RPG experience so far, with lots of charisma, old-school vibes, and a beautiful OST.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Apex Legends

The only interesting battle royale game at the moment.

Genshin Impact

The lastest hot gacha. A nice side game to play from time to time.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Having no real experience of the Resident Evil franchise (outside of Jill Sandwich and tall lady memes), I've decided to start playing through them, beginning with the PS4 port of the Resident Evil 1 Remake.

I died immediately after encountering the first enemy. I look forward to the learning curve :wacky:

I did play Resi4 back in the day but I was a kid and had no idea what was going on and mostly was just scared of it

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Finally played some Ehrgeiz. It's hardly a revolutionary fighter, and I couldn't give less of a shit about its original cast, but getting to see like half of the FF7 crew in their pure, unadulterated PS1 glory was more refreshing than I expected it would be. I miss Cloud's OG outfit. The fact Zack is an unlockable character is nuts, considering he was basically nobody back then. Clud's bustersword was the most OP option out of them, even compared to Vincent's gun lol, The AI just can't handle it a lot of the time and it does a ton of damage. I noticed the characters are all voice acted, are these the same people who would go on to play them in KH and AC? Is Cloud the first FF character to have a voice?

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Finally played some Ehrgeiz. It's hardly a revolutionary fighter, and I couldn't give less of a shit about its original cast, but getting to see like half of the FF7 crew in their pure, unadulterated PS1 glory was more refreshing than I expected it would be. I miss Cloud's OG outfit. The fact Zack is an unlockable character is nuts, considering he was basically nobody back then. Clud's bustersword was the most OP option out of them, even compared to Vincent's gun lol, The AI just can't handle it a lot of the time and it does a ton of damage. I noticed the characters are all voice acted, are these the same people who would go on to play them in KH and AC? Is Cloud the first FF character to have a voice?

They were replaced with the KH1/AC cast eventually. And I do believe this is the first time FF characters were voiced in a game, unless you wanna count Kefka's laugh in FFVI. :D

Although technically, a real voice sample was used for the CGI cutscene when the Sister Ray kills off Diamond WEAPON where an alert system issues a warning. It's overshadowed by the loud music though. You could say that was the first time a voice was ever used in a FF game. Square didn't really start with voice acting until Xenogears a year later though.

Ehrgeiz is definitely not perfect, but I did find it to be decent for what it was. I keep forgetting that Zack was in it! I also liked it's Diablo-like dungeon crawler mode even if it was a little too hard.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Like, it's just weird to me how much effort went in. There's 6 FF7 characters (though Zack is just a clone of Cloud as far as moves go,) complete with Alternate Costumes like Shinra Grunt Cloud, Cowgirl Tifa, Shirtless Sephiroth, and Turk Vincent. Even Yuffie has an alt that's a reference to an old piece of concept art were she wore red instead of green. The Gold Saucer is a stage you can fight on, too. The final boss in arcade mode is basically Red XIII 2.0, even fought in a lab that looks a lot like Hojo's.

I honest feel like they should've just thrown in Aerith, Barret, and Cid and made it a full-on FF7 fighting game lol.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ehrgeiz was kinda a big deal in Japan.

It had all that effort put into it because it was also a cabinet arcade game in Japan and was popular back in it's day. Square wanted to make a strong impression and they did... Briefly. :monster:

The FFVII cast were totally there to build the hype for the game and get people interested. Love the game's artwork and character designs, even for their exclusive characters. The game sucks but it was fun and a unique piece of Squaresoft history.

Top Bottom