What makes your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
As some of you know, my mother has brain methastases from her breast cancer, and things looked literally impossible to fix, because nobody has survived that. Never.

And yesterday the doctor said on the last scan, there's nothing wrong on her head, no tumor. It's not just that they're very small. They're just not there. Obviously this does not mean they can't appear again after a month, since that's how these things work. But apparently it's not very common either to make them disappear. As the doctor put it, "If they don't come back, we'll be in the Guinness Book of Records", but still, knowing there is a very small chance that they don't come back makes my day. And even if they do come back, it means the treatment went awfully well, which in turn means my mother will get a lot more time to live.

I've never believed in miracles, and I never will. And the idea of somebody so close to me being the first person to survive such a thing is absolutely stupid. But hey, as they say in Spanish "To dream is for free".

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I sincerely hope they stay gone.

It'd be a "first-time-ever-in-mankind-history", or so the doctor says, so I'm not TOO confident. At least, it's worth noting that even if the tumors come back, this means the treatment was very good for her, which is basically everything I would have hoped for.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Waking up laughing at a text from Tres. This is what I missed most about having a phone. :lol:

I thought it was the phone sex lines.

It'd be a "first-time-ever-in-mankind-history", or so the doctor says, so I'm not TOO confident. At least, it's worth noting that even if the tumors come back, this means the treatment was very good for her, which is basically everything I would have hoped for.

Awesome, man. Hope it stays in remission for good.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Drawing looks pretty, it's just a shame they've made the character's animations like three frames per second.

Edit @ thread. Just watched Hellsing Ultimate VIII. Here I was, thinking this series couldn't get any more awesomer. Then they do. Fuck this thing is made of win <3. Anderson's a badass.

Oh, and the ending credits on this one is winnage too :monster:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
lol just got a series of texts from a bi girl back at my old work
chatting about how degrees were going etc etc
then asking when i was coming back into manchester
told her
got asked if want to go on a night out
say yes
instantly get text saying 'make sure you let me know, would like a night out with a fit bird'

FUCKING HELL I AM LIKE LESBIAN CATNIP THIS WEEK

Ghost X

- No one here probably follows AFL since a vast majority of you aren't Australian, but Geelong defeated Collingood. Let's put it this way, unless you're a Collingwood supporter, you'd likely want Geelong to win simply because Collingwood's president is a douche.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
- No one here probably follows AFL since a vast majority of you aren't Australian, but Geelong defeated Collingood. Let's put it this way, unless you're a Collingwood supporter, you'd likely want Geelong to win simply because Collingwood's president is a douche.

I live here but I don't get what's so great about people running and jumping around in a big circle.

But in league news i'm pissed the Warriors lost. :(

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
This:

tumblr_lsg195Csgl1r3hta5

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I think if we'd had another two people with us on Mauler and whatever else duty, we'd have gotten through so much more quickly.

Was still fun as shit, though.

Consider me included. Broadband's almost up and I got Gears 3 on order.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku

that's glorious

and appropriate because

responsibility12%28alternate%29.png

i just spent an hour and a half cleaning my room and it's fuckin SPARKLING and everything is so tidy and it will maybe last me a day but that's okay because right now i can revel in the cleaaaannn

and now time to study like a fucking boss

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Bleh, I cleaned up today too (and yesterday), but there's just so much to do and nobody to do it but me :monster:. I severely doubt my neighbours actually clean the bathroom too, considering there was a healthy dose of dust (and hair) on the floor.

There's a small chance the landlord might hire a cleaner though, which is fine by me :monster:.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Watching my son and niece playing in the sun. In a total plus, she can be a bit of a bully and started pushing my son round. My mama reports that my son pretty much pushed her in the face in response.
My boy takes no shit. <3

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Watching my son and niece playing in the sun. In a total plus, she can be a bit of a bully and started pushing my son round. My mama reports that my son pretty much pushed her in the face in response.
My boy takes no shit. <3

He takes his ferocity after his mama. I'm proud of this development. <3

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
My boy takes no shit. <3

That's what I call a MAN. LOLOL, I would've laughed my ass off . Good for that boy!:awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Lol I got 21 kills in one wave of horde.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Found the first manga I've ever read, online: Gravitation. My joys are forever now

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
HOLY FUCK ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT SEASON RENEWED AND MOVIE ADDED TOO!

DAY. MADE.

After 5 fucking years of hoping....!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom