Winter is coming...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
True that. XD Although what was his name, the knight who was in love with Dany - that man really creeped me out :reptar: I hope he's dead somewhere :reptar:

Favourites are Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Arya, Jaime. I also love the Prince of Dorne, for the little twist at the end I couldn't help but think... this man is a genius XD The Queens of Thorns is really a great character too, but we don't have a POV and we don't see her that much, ha :x I loved reading Cersei's chapters too, but that's because she didn't do a thing right and I hate her, so it's kind of a twisted joy :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nobody's stopping you for starting that with a thread, :monster:. Just make sure to add some quality rules to it, i.e. when a post is win.

Also, I fail for not remembering this queen of thorns anymore, :/.

Belmat

Pro Adventurer
cba :monster:

I can't remember who the Queen of Thorns is either, to be honest. From the name I'm guessing she was a Tyrell.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Olenna Tyrell.
She orchestrates Joffrey's murder, among other things.

also I fail for not remembering the prince of Dorne, :monster:.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
:monster:

it's also worth pointing out that Littlefinger is interesting as an antagonist. I may also have to approve of Varys, though it depends moar on what we see in future books. :monster:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah, you always wonder what Littlefinger has in mind and he's always one step ahead :wacky: I wonder if "Elaine" will be his end? :monster: I'd like that, especially since she was such a noob at first, defeating him would be kind of awesome :reptar:

Varys, I have to agree we'll have to see moar of him before I settle my judgement. He seems to know a damn lot though - that's why Martin wouldn't let him have his own POV, although it would be kind of awesome to read that :D

Also, no need for spoiler tags, I said in the front post that we'll talk freely until new book/pilot come out XD

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Fair enough on the spoiler tags, though maybe there should be a non-spoiler topic for n00bs :monster:

I expect she will be his end; Martin does love his irony like that. When she inevitably discovers the truth about how her father came to his end I expect there'll be a sea change in her thinking :monster:

Yeah the three POVs Martin won't write are Varys, Littlefinger and Howland Reed because they all just know too much. Which makes me wonder what else Reed knows besides
Rhaegar x Lyanna = Jon

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Which really reminds me that I want Dany to meet up with Jon: she who hates the Stark so much, will have to cope with the fact that he's half Stark and half Targaryen. This will be damn interesting to read, I expect a lot of character development for her when these times come. Because, she learned half assed truths from her brother, so it's like a new world for her :awesome:

Oh yeah and it's a spoiler that Martin leaked on his blog, so I'm not sure if everyone read it, so I'm using spoiler:
He once said he finished to write a wedding - and no one else comes to my mind except Dany. Who do you think she'll marry? The Dornish guy - who is still to be discovered - or Euron? I do not hope for the latter because he is such an ass while there is a lot of potential when it comes to Dorne :awesome:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
@Syneiam: Do mind to spoilerize stuff that hasn't (yet?) appeared in the books, kthx.

He once said he finished to write a wedding - and no one else comes to my mind except Dany. Who do you think she'll marry? The Dornish guy - who is still to be discovered - or Euron?
[/spoiler]

Sansa also comes to mind.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I can't even remember who
Euron
is, xD. I'm re-reading the books as I noted before, so I should catch up.

...in about three years, at my current reading speed, xD.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
@Cthulhu:
But then again, I think Sansa doesn't appear in the next book so...

Also, Euron is that guys from the Ironmen? [argh, I can't remember the name >_>) from book 4 XD He pissed me off so much >_>

Also, your nick always reminds me of that site :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hrm, dunno anymore what exactly appears in the fourth book. It was the dudes from the Iron Islands (and I dunno their name either) and (I think) that gouty fellow down south, but it was around Dany, that I know for sheezy.

Also, xD at that comic.

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Yeah the three POVs Martin won't write are Varys, Littlefinger and Howland Reed because they all just know too much. Which makes me wonder what else Reed knows besides
Rhaegar x Lyanna = Jon

The more I read about it the more I suspect that
R+L=J
I'm still not 100% sold on it though.

That being said, I've heard some really interesting theories that
Jojen is Howland Reed himself, and just posing as his own grandson
Again, not 100% sold on it.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Oh concerning the first theory, I'm definitely sold on it. There are too many hints, you know? :wacky:
Like, how Ed was acting odd when Robert asked him about his mother, or how it seems that Jon is represented by a blue rose just like Lyanna was - or is the rose a representation of love? I think I read that somewhere - must be in the Citadel, that's pretty much the only site I read that concerns ASOIAF

The second, I think I've heard of it, but I'm not convinced. Because Martin likes to torture our minds, I think the fans may be overanalyzing more than a bit :wacky:

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
The second, I think I've heard of it, but I'm not convinced. Because Martin likes to torture our minds, I think the fans may be overanalyzing more than a bit :wacky:

Yeah, over analyzing tends to happen when the next book takes years to come out :monster:

While the first theory is probably definite, the second one was merely a crackpot.

My favorite crackpot theory however is
R+L = Hotpie

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd just like to add the following to this discussion:

HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR!

:monster:. Seriously now, is there a proper ASoIaF fansite out there that doesn't look like shit / the 90's like Westeros.org is? There's more LTD's (and more subtle) than the Compilation or anything that the Japs could produce, :monster:. Minus perhaps Suikoden.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I think there are a couple others, but westeros.org is the only one that has a forum afaik. Then again I haven't looked in awhile. Tower of the Hand was the best source of information on the contents of canonical materials last I looked, but yeah, no forum.

Also, good call on HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR. I'd just like to add HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I haz no clue, I seldom being in the ASOIAF fandom (except random threads like this one, and GRRM's blog). I could lose my life if I ever went there :wacky:

Hodor thing, reminds me of the little brother - what was his name again? The younger Stark. I wonder what he became - he should still be alive, somewhere. And concerning Bran
that he just finished a chapter with Bran that ended up in a way he totally didn't expect. I wonder what's this chapter's like now :wacky:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Rickon probably will appear in Dance somewhere, yeah. Though he's never been a point-of-view character, and I doubt that will change anytime soon; he's just too young.

Bran's awesome, honestly one of the best-written child characters I've ever encountered in fiction.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm pretty sure Rickon's going to grow up as a massive cunt, to be honest. The books span a long enough age I think for him to reach an age where he'll get a role though - I mean, he's 3 at the start of the series, and how long has passed already?

Also, hodor.

Also, if I had shitloads of time left, I'd give a go at making an ASoIaF fansite properly, :monster:.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm sure he'll get a role; Martin wouldn't have thrown in a character in one of the central families if he didn't have some actions planned for him later in the series.

As for growing up to be a cunt, it's possible; he's been through so much crap at such an early age that it's unlikely to have gone without any negative effect on him.

Top Bottom