Winter is coming...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
KONG IS OFFICIALLY DEAD \o/

Yes, for those who follow Martin's blog, it means he has finished writing ADwD XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Finished as in finished, or finished as in decided to split the second part of an already split book in two? :monster:.

Guy better start writing, TV show's quickly catching up.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This is true, but according to him it's possible A Storm of Swords might get split into two seasons. Which would give him an extra year at least. Hopefully he won't bother with as many side projects in between books six and seven, which should increase his writing speed at least.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
My sister got me the box set for the books up to A Feast for Crows I already read A Game of Thrones but I seriously can't wait to start A Clash of Kings especially because the opening chapter is in Theon's pov

actually my copy of A Feast for Crows has an excerpt of A Dance with Dragons... isn't due out this June or July?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
actually my copy of A Feast for Crows has an excerpt of A Dance with Dragons... isn't due out this June or July?

Yeah, but actually, what is now Dance with Dragons was initially slated as part of Feast for Crows. The guy ended up having to split that one into two because it was getting ridiculously large. In fact, I believe the series was originally intended to be only four books.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well ADwD's 1600 pages, so I'd say it's ridiculously large too XD

But I waited for it more than 5 years, so I'm not going to complain XD

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
wasn't Storm of Swords split up into two books too?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
1600?

...Awesome! :awesome: Guy can churn out lots of stuff if he puts his mind to it, which, apparently, he does a lot.

I'm still pretty sure he'll keel over and die before finishing though.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...You know, when I first saw this thread title, I thought our member here was posting about doing something extremely adult and inappropriate.

Wow. My bad!

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
wasn't Storm of Swords split up into two books too?
It was for the U.K. market, but in the U.S. it was published as one book. I have no idea how it was treated in other markets, although I do think I remember hearing that one translation wound up being split up into three books. I can't remember which one it was though.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
...You know, when I first saw this thread title, I thought our member here was posting about doing something extremely adult and inappropriate.

Wow. My bad!

You're not the first one to think about that member, but Winter is coming... is trademarked since 97 heh :P

Instead of saying "my apologies", go watch the show or read the series. You'll be saying the motto too after that XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You're not the first one to think about that member, but Winter is coming... is trademarked since 97 heh :P

Instead of saying "my apologies", go watch the show or read the series. You'll be saying the motto too after that XD

That, or:

* It is known.
* You know nothing.
* Everything Tyrion says
* Everything Jaime says

Actually, reading wikiquote, the man's said a few other things of interest :monster:

Things like:

Screw Gandalf.

Ten years from now, no one is going to care how quickly the books came out. The only thing that will matter, the only thing anyone will remember, is how good they were. That's my main concern, and always will be.

In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which.

etc.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Ten years from now, no one is going to care how quickly the books came out. The only thing that will matter, the only thing anyone will remember, is how good they were. That's my main concern, and always will be.
Wrong.

Ten years from now, we'll probably be still waiting for the next book.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
For those who don't know yet, Martin will go on a US tour for signing:

Martin said:
The first three of those have already been set. We'll be launching the tour in BOSTON, followed by appearances in NEW YORK CITY, and then INDIANAPOLIS.

Herewith the details:

Tuesday, July 12
7:00pm
Barnes & Noble
98 Middlesex Turnpike
Burlington, MA 01803

Thursday, July 14
7:00pm
Barnes & Noble
Union Square
33 East 17th Street
New York, NY 10003

Saturday, July 16
2:00pm
Barnes & Noble
14709 US Hwy 31 North
Carmel, IN 46032

After Indy I will return home for a few days, and then it will be on to...

... yes, the SAN DIEGO COMICON.

I'll be there for the entire comicon. The 2012 Ice & Fire calendar will be making its debut there, and of course we'll have DANCE WITH DRAGONS out, and some advance stuff for the comic book adaptation. I will also be appearing on the HBO panel for the TV show, turning up at the Tor booth to promote the new Wild Cards book, FORT FREAK... and likely also appearing for IDW (the DOORWAYS comic) and Avatar (the FEVRE DREAM graphic novel). Work, work, work.

If my hand hasn't fallen off by the end of comicon, I will be resuming the book tour afterwards with a west coat swing. Details on that when they are nailed down.

Sadly, the tickets are already sold out for the Comicon. Luckily, I have friends who are going and I'm having one line up and have a calendar signed by him XD

But man, DOORWAYS comic and FEVRE DREAM graphic novel? NEEEEED!!!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
...OMG MARTIN SIGN MY BOOBS YOU'RE TOTALLY HAWT!!1111.

I wonder if the guy has fangirls, :awesome:.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Someone designed their own covers for the book series and poasted them here. I think they may be classier than any of the official ones I've seen.

Splintered

unsavory tart
GRRM's books always had terrible covers, I approve of new designs.

Also trying to figure out who is who. Some are obvious

d5b9b0aeef2dc9c39b818c82ec3b72ca1305061581_full.jpg

Dany obviously

7d2d7bebd8eb58209a711dd6478a79e61305061412_full.jpg

Jon Snow duh.

5f539270c2e481e97b786c55ab47e3f81305062184_full.jpg

Arya?

94e00b5d33e33d0fca956d6541ca67521305062123_full.jpg

Sansa?

458f1c70464c802d7a49d030771a56c11305061940_full.jpg

That's not Robb, is it? Maybe Bran? In the godswood?

596288958fe9145dd9a1ab0f65413e421305062261_full.jpg

This could be, like, a dozen characters over

60cdb627a4d87526d9c706925f8b6e901305062348_full.jpg

lol Sam

a4780ea17bc252149f08085db0ae90a71305062553_full.jpg
883ec91107f5ca631f366c063e4c452d1305062534_full.jpg

Cersei and Jamie.

EDIT: Or the creepy woman who wears red that Stannis faps to.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Someone designed their own covers for the book series and poasted them here. I think they may be classier than any of the official ones I've seen.

someone asked us to post those covers on a GoT tumblr I help to run I don't think they've actually been posted

I PROBABLY SHOULD

Top Bottom