Winter is coming...

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'm half convinced he's got a lot more written than he's telling us and is delaying the release dates for the sake of tying them in with the TV series. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I'm more and more convinced the guy will keel over and die before finishing the books, especially now this is given the green light. Not only that, but I wonder what the influence of translating the series to moving picture will have on the final parts.

This is how I feel about Berserk.

Has this series been going for 20 years?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It happened with Wheel of Time. Not that that's such a good series, mind, but still, it's the idea that counts.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Not to mention five pages describing the hem of an Aes Sedai's dress.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
@Cthulhu: it's just a teaser, we have to see the serie before judging if it's good or not. But I like the atmosphere of the teaser - it's the prologue and beginning of 1st chapter, if I'm not mistaken. It had one purpose, tease the fans, and I think it did well on that matter XD

@Celes: this is ASOIAF. EFFIN' AWESOME. So read it. [I'll allow you to curse me after that 'cause Martin is that slow to update XD].

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Hush Cthulhu [argh am I going to turn insane? I just told a Great ANcient to shut up :awesome:]! You're going to bring us bad luck.

He seems quite busy though... but not that far away from AdwD, I'd say.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Martin said:
Come July, I'm off to San Diego to teach a week at Clarion. There will be a signing at Mysterious Galaxy as well, I believe.

But, alas, the San Diego Comicon is looking less and less likely, so that will probably be the only visit I make to San Diego this year. On the other hand, there's now a good chance I'll be at the NYC Comicon in October. We shall see.

Mmh. Doesn't it sound that he plans to finish ADwD in between the two? I don't want to have hope. >___>'

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
lawl, the guy's more into watching his perversions be put to camera and gloating while fans squee over his masculine features than finishing his books, :monster:.

Guy became too popular too fast. Shame.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Too popular too fast?

Considering he's been writing since the 70's, and that his "fame" came mostly after 2000, I wouldn't say that. Have you even read his sci fi and other books? Heck, even his TV shows scripts are interesting.

And I think every writer would be incredibly honoured and high about his series being turned into a movie or TV show. Seriously. That means something, that something you created with your own brain and imagined from the get go to be put on screen, to suddenly see his own character appear on screen and think "wow, it's me who did that". Not to mention that Martin is quite invested in this too, since he's going to write one episode per season.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I just finished Dreamsongs Vol 1, which is a collection of a bunch of his early fantasy/scifi/horror shortstories - particularly enjoyed his horror stuff. And weren't some of his older stories made into movies as well?

I am trying to convince my mother to read SOIAF (she hates all things fantasy) and she asked me to summarize the plot, not realizing that would take several days. I settled with 'it's awesome, just read it', but she seemed unconvinced.

Also looking forward to the HBO series. Teaser looks...well, not a lot to look at, but enough to get me interested. Any sort of release date announced yet for it?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Too popular too fast?

Considering he's been writing since the 70's, and that his "fame" came mostly after 2000, I wouldn't say that. Have you even read his sci fi and other books? Heck, even his TV shows scripts are interesting.

I was referring to the fame bit - I know he's been a successful writer since before most of us were born, but as you said, it only really started for him after 2000, when his books escaped the clutches of sci-fi / fantasy geeks (and into the hands of HBO).

I am trying to convince my mother to read SOIAF (she hates all things fantasy) and she asked me to summarize the plot, not realizing that would take several days. I settled with 'it's awesome, just read it', but she seemed unconvinced.

You should've said "Everybody dies, gets raped, becomes a zombie, then eats branes" or something to that effect. :monster:

Eerie

Fire and Blood

Heh, a bit surprised no one posted that XD A very good first trailer - that shows not too much, and teases us some more :monster:

And a little behind the scene panels XD

What's more, a wallpaper of Daenarys have been put on the official website =)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I came.

Now I just want to send this to my brother so he'll fangasm even more. Except he's never online, instead he's in therapy all week :monster:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom