Winter is coming...

Eerie

Fire and Blood

OK I'm all kind of sad for di Laurentiis and Nielsen being dead, but that won't prevent me from spazzing like mad on this. OMFG is all I can say.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It would've been so much better if Nielsen had a role in it. For the win.

Also, looks good :monster:. Any dates out yet?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

:hugemonster:

April 17th premiere, win.

And yes, I'm going to pirate the shit out of this thing, it'll be years later until any TV channel ever even considers airing this show, and when it does, it'll be spammed to death with ten-minute commercial breaks every ten minutes and they'll re-run the entire series every five episodes.

Eerie

Fire and Blood

I don't think there are enough words to describe the fangasm I just had watching this. OMG, OMFG THIS. EPIC SHIT. WINNNNNNNNNNTERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nothing much I hadn't seen yet in other trailers (the Iron Throne one), but still, teh awesome :monster:. Good trailer.

I don't, however, think it'll get people that don't know the book series very excited though.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think they're first and foremost making the trailers for the existing fans XD It will drag other people around, but for now, it's for us. As they stated, it's odd to have such a huge fanbase with not even a pilot aired; so the rest will follow eventually.

For now, let's just enjoy our chance XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
:monster: I will.

I dunno though, I always pictured the books to be a lot more artistic when put to film, as in, grittier etc. Think Band of Brothers, which really got a good atmosphere going by using filters and loads of dirt on people's faces. This series looks rather clean, so far. Needs moar blood, mud, sand, etc, :monster:.

Btw, what is the target rating for this series? Based on just the trailers, it looks rather tame and the nasty bits concealed. I want
baby's heads smashed on walls and gratuitous incest and murder
, dammit!

Tenyoku

(─‿‿─)
I've watched Spartacus. Pretty neat, although sometimes the violence doesn't back up anything real in the characters. But it has decent story and the way Rome looks like... ♥

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Don't be such a party pooper XD It's 2011!! XD

And you're at least the 10th person I see making that joke :wacky: Proof if needed that people are bemused by the news XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Lame game: http://www.themaesterspath.com/#/wall/puzzle

And new trailer, http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/3/13/fear-and-blood-preview.html. With tits.

And a House Stark feature, http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/3/13/house-stark-feature.html

And a poster.
game-of-thrones-poster.jpg

They're going to use the above for a new publishing of the Game of Thrones book, btw.

And a guy that did the audiobook for A Game of Thrones won a guiness world record for voicing 224 different characters, :monster:. And he'll most likely break that record with the following books.

And there will be a 15-minute preview on April 3rd.

And the guy (Martin) finally got married last month, after living with his now-wife for 30 years :monster:.

And T-shirts. Sweet.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah there have been way too many news for me to actually post everything. But I'm a happy fan. XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
:monster: it'll be totally geeky. And I just check some websites every once in a while, for the heck of it.

Now where's that jew fellow?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Now where's that jew fellow?
'sup. I haven't been keeping up with Game of Thrones news too much mostly because I don't want to spoil myself too much for what it's going to look like. I'd rather experience the whole thing with little expectations for what it's going to look like. However a 15 minute preview may be too much for me to pass up.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
This guide may be of interest to people who haven't read the books but want to watch the TV show. However, it does contain several major spoilers, but it warns that they're coming before they're printed so you don't have to read the whole thing.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Heh, I don' tthink it could be passed as a guide, seeing all the spoilers fleeing around :/ I wouldn't advice newcomers to ASOIAF to read that :/

BTW, the show is starting next week. What do we do? We only have one thread to talk both about the show and the books. Shouldn't we use spoilers for the books, in case someone who is a show viewer only pops up?

Edit: maybe the title of this thread isn't that much a given though for those who will only watch the show XD

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Well, I'd say the opening part is good as an introduction. There's also this, which, however, is more focused on why the books are good.

But yeah there should probably be a separate thrad for the show.

Top Bottom