• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Maiden of the Planet

What did you think of Maiden of the Planet?

• It's awesome

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • So so

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • It sucks

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Maiden of the who?

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Really? I guess I didn't notice it was just her. Hasn't Vendel said this as well?

I wouldn't take Vendel as representative of the whole of this board, even when he agrees with such.

And Quex, even if FHS said she was obsessed- and I reiterate, she has not said that, and expressed derision at that- she is not saying she ISN'T obsessed in CC. Her position is that CC Aerith leads logically into FF7 Aerith emotionally speaking.

I understand the point here, but calling him her beloved should at LEAST prove she does love him and loves both him and Zack.

No one really denies she has feelings for the boy. It's just the strength and 'honesty' of the emotions pre-mortem.

That's the one thing that always sticks out in my mind, yes.

You would find John and Abigail Adams creepy as fuck, then. 100 letters. One year.

Well then I WAS trolling in this topic :awesome:

Then I'M getting the belt.
Sander.
Belt Sander.

Oh, and Mako, make sure to get that on tape. We can turn a tidy profit.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
You would find John and Abigail Adams creepy as fuck, then. 100 letters. One year.
Idk what this is. Were they writing back and forth or was it ... like one sided?

No one really denies she has feelings for the boy. It's just the strength and 'honesty' of the emotions pre-mortem.
What about after she died though? I realize Maiden isn't canon to most people here, but you'd think she'd have learned what the real Cloud was like by the time CoLW takes place. And she still says he's her beloved so doesn't that mean she does love the real Cloud?

I'm on it :monster:
:joy:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Idk what this is. Were they writing back and forth or was it ... like one sided?

... I WEEP for our nation. Granted, this is historical Minutiae, but JOHN ADAMS ought to ring at least a few bells.
And it was back and forth. But often times one or the other would send a flurry of letters in succession without getting a reply.
Actually, John and Abi are an awesome historical couple, and certainly an example of how a couple can be loving, and nigh obsessive with each other, yet also argue, have problems, and fight, and everything, and still be perfect for each other.
I need to use them as examples more often.

For an example, here is a list of their letters from a single year. A year in which they were not separated by more than a day's travel at any time. From http://www.masshist.org/digitaladams/aea/browse/letters_1774_1777.html

Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 24 January 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 11 February 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 13 February 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 18 February 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 21 February 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 2 - 10 March 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 8 March 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 16 - 18 March 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 17 March 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 19 March 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 29 March 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 31 March - 5 April 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, [6 April 1776], fragment
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 7 - 11 April 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 12 April 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 14 April 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 14 April 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 15 April 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 18 April 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 21 April 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 23 April 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 28 April 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 7 - 9 May 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 9 May 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 12 May 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 14 May 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 15 May 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 17 May 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 22 May 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 27 May 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 27 May 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 2 June 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 3 June 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 3 June 1776, letterbook copy
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 16 June 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 17 June 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 26 June 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 3 July 1776, "Your Favour of June 17..."
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 3 July 1776, "Had a Declaration..."
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 7 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 7 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 10 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 11 July 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 13 - 14 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 15 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 16 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 20 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 20 July 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 21 - 22 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 23 July 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 24 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 27 July 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 29 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 29 July 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 30 - 31 July 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 30 July 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 1 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 3 - 4 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 5 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 6 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 10 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 12 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 12 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 12 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 13 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 14 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 14 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 14 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 17 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 18 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 18 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 20 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 21 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 22 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 25 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 25 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 27 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 28 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 29 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 29 August 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 30 August 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 31 August - 2 September 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 4 September 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 5 September 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 6 - 8 September 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 7 September 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 14 September 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 15 September 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 16 September 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 20 September 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 21 September 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 21 September 1776, letterbook copy
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 22 September - 1 October 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 23 September 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 25 September 1776
Letter from Abigail Adams to John Adams, 29 September 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 4 October 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 4 October 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 5 October 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 7 October 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 8 October 1776
Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 11 October 1776

What about after she died though? I realize Maiden isn't canon to most people here, but you'd think she'd have learned what the real Cloud was like by the time CoLW takes place. And she still says he's her beloved so doesn't that mean she does love the real Cloud?

Sure. Her and everyone else on the planet. She has to take a number, though. Mukki has 1st through 80th dibs. Priscilla has 81nd through 976th.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
... I WEEP for our nation. Granted, this is historical Minutiae, but JOHN ADAMS ought to ring at least a few bells.
And it was back and forth. But often times one or the other would send a flurry of letters in succession without getting a reply.
I know who he is but I don't know about any letters... which is why I failed history I'm sure :(

and it's different if it's back and forth. Way different. She never got a single response from Zack for 4 years and she kept on writing every other week. I mean, even though I've had my heart broken before... and even though I've been very much in love... I would have stopped after like 5. Hell tbh, I had a situation where I wrote someone and didn't get a reply, I stopped after 2.

I know it hurts but... you gotta know when they're not gonna write back. And I just don't get why it took her 4 years to realize this.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I know who he is but I don't know about any letters... which is why I failed history I'm sure :(

and it's different if it's back and forth. Way different. She never got a single response from Zack for 4 years and she kept on writing every other week. I mean, even though I've had my heart broken before... and even though I've been very much in love... I would have stopped after like 5. Hell tbh, I had a situation where I wrote someone and didn't get a reply, I stopped after 2.

I know it hurts but... you gotta know when they're not gonna write back. And I just don't get why it took her 4 years to realize this.

Because they were in love. He went MIA, presumed dead. She didn't want to believe he was dead. So she kept writing, sending letters out via the turks, in hopes that they would find him and give him her letters. She sent him letters so she wouldn't have to give up hope on his being alive.
You see this as being a bit creepy/weird.

I see this as indicating she and Zack were much like John and Abigail, keeping in constant touch, even when they couldn't see each other, and just as serious about each other.
It's not that it took Aerith four years to REALIZE he wasn't ever going to write back. It took her four years to ALLOW it. Her writing letters is about refusing to give up on his safety and survival.

Though, this does remind me, CC needed to have a scene of Zack trying to call Aerith on escaping, only to find his phone didn't work, or her number had changed or something.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Because they were in love. He went MIA, presumed dead. She didn't want to believe he was dead. So she kept writing, sending letters out via the turks, in hopes that they would find him and give him her letters. She sent him letters so she wouldn't have to give up hope on his being alive.

Actually... no I don't. I find it very sweet. Which is weird because it's essentially the same situation. And then I was thinking, "Well maybe she just KNEW he wasn't dead" but I guess it was the same with Aerith.

So... when did she finally hear back from him? Feel free to just link me to something I should have read in school BTW :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
If it makes you feel any better Quex, the first thing I thought when I saw "John and Abigail Adams" was "HEY! THEIR NAMES ARE GOMEZ AND MORTICIA AND THERE'S ANOTHER D IN ADDAMS."

/fail

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
If it makes you feel any better Quex, the first thing I thought when I saw "John and Abigail Adams" was "HEY! THEIR NAMES ARE GOMEZ AND MORTICIA AND THERE'S ANOTHER D IN ADDAMS."

/fail

Now I need to find the Adams Family parody I quite enjoyed.
For the record, John Quincy was Pugsley. I think Jefferson might have been Cousin Itt.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
it just seems like overkill to me. and i mean really... what did she write about?... you'd think after the 55th letter or so she'd run out of things to say.
Aerith.

She has no life to write about.

Oh wait Square only ever writes her chasing men, so I guess she doesn't :awesome:

I'm confused as to how Zack is the "love of her life". She was sixteen.

She wasn't "not over the guy", she was just still mildly hurt and curious about the matter. At 16 I was so in love I couldn't see straight.

At twenty fucking two years old Aerith was not pining over her ex-boyfriend.
stop writing about my life thinly veiled as video game stories :sadpanda:

-They attract to each other by mutual feelings similar to friendship, because they're both juvenile, if you call it love..."
~Crisis Core Ultimania
I still have no idea what this even means.

especially since men seemed to be so drawn to her him.
there's my life again :sadpanda:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Quexinos wrote: it just seems like overkill to me. and i mean really... what did she write about?... you'd think after the 55th letter or so she'd run out of things to say.​
Aerith: So today I woke up, had a piece of toast...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Just a quick question, and then I'll butt back out, but where do you get that Yuffie's weapon weighs a hundred pounds?

Never said it does. Just that being able to throw a lump of metal like that the length of several city blocks -- and with enough force that it keeps going for several more after bouncing off a solid object -- is more impressive than lifting a human. And I'm being generous by assuming the kid even weighs a couple hundred pounds.

Ryu said:
Yeah, but to the fans, it's about the same, and arguably (as in I've seen it argued) that changing it ruins Han's character and is just as Jarring to SoD as you think Yuffie's strength issues are.

Yes, it's been argued, but we call those people crazy. Han intended to kill Greedo regardless of whether he didn't get a shot off or whether he got one off half a millisecond sooner than Han. As far as his characterization goes, there's no difference.

Even Greedo's characterization isn't necessarily affected by it. It's not necessarily the case that he's perceptive enough to realize Han is about to shoot him in one instance, while not perceptive enough in the other. He might have realized it in both cases but not reacted fast enough in one.

Yes, as you can see, I'm of the mind that Greedo shot at him in the "Greedo shoots first" version because he realized Han was about to shoot him -- and, therefore, there's even less reason to me to think of Han's characterization as affected by this. After all, Greedo must have intended to bring Han in alive. Like Boba Fett said, "He's worth nothing to me dead."

Ryu said:
That's if 'accident' is the correct word, since it seems to cause all the contention. Time to dig around in the JP script again, I guess.

I just took a look. The word was "jiko" (事故), the primary meaning of which is, indeed, "accident." I suppose it could also just mean "incident," but in the line right before that ("There was an explosion at a reactor"), what got translated as "explosion" in that line was "bakuhatsu jiko" (爆発事故), which I'm pretty sure is used in cases of accidental explosions, such as those at factories or when gas leaks.

Besides, there's another word for "incident"/"affair"/"happening" that could have been used that has no "accidental" connotation ("dekigoto"; 出来事). This is the word, actually, that Barret used to refer to Shin-Ra's deliberate attack on Corel, so he does make a distinction between types of incidents.

Ryu said:
The Corel reactor IS out of town. The reactor and the mine are a considerable distance from the location of Corel proper.
As for Dyne not being there, we see Barret for five minutes. Dyne could have easily been nearby and we never saw him.

Though your explanation could sort of kind of possibly maybe work even with the "out of town for a few days" line (which I'm wondering why you're still ignoring) since, in the Japanese script, Barret said "mura wo hanareteita" (村を離れていた; literally: "separated from town") -- and that's only if we ignore the longterm/great distance connotation of "hanareru," which wouldn't apply to the mines where the villagers would have done their daily work; its use in such a phrase implies a trip out of town -- now that I've looked at the Japanese script, the overall inconsistency is even more blatant regardless. Barret said that he and Dyne were both returning from visiting a reactor under construction: 俺とダインが建設中の魔晄炉を見に行った帰り道のことだった.

No matter how hard one tries to look at this thing while missing all the important details, there's an inconsistency at work -- or, more to the point, not at work -- here between the original and that piece of shit Before Crisis. There's no denying it.

Ryu said:
Actually, it's the other way around, initially. Easier to carry the human, easier to deadlift the block.

Possibly, but even were it so, deadlifting the weight of the average human is still far less difficult or impressive than the other things Yuffie has done.

Quexinos said:
The ONLY thing that people should be using to say Maiden isn't canon, is the fact that the Ultimanias have always left it out of the compilation. That's it, nothing else.

This.

Quexinos said:
Since when it is NOT normal to fall for a guy who's like the last guy you dated? You usually go for a certain type. That IS normal believe it or not.

This made me laugh. Because it's true.

Fairheartstrife said:
Define too far? Before she interfered in the guy's life? Mission? potential relationship? Before she strong armed a date? Before she meets the Ex's parents and plays dumb? HOW FAR is TOO FAR for you? Aerith was NOT right in the head and her emotional--huge emotional fucked-upness--is probably her saving grace as a mary sue character ...

Also funny. Also because it's true.

Quexinos said:
Come on, you don't let the Cleriths get away with this forced promise crap, don't you start.

Amen. It's not okay for anybody to pull this one, FHS. Cloud was never forced into anything by Tifa or Aerith that he didn't want to do.

Fairheartstrife said:
Where in CC does it show her obsessed? The letters? 89 in 4 years, so twice a months she jotted a note and gave it to the Turks--who probably assured her that Zack would get it... Yeah... ok, that's a bit much, but given the nature of his career, her isolation, and the fact that Zack was her only real friend/love, I'd say a person would hold onto that.

The chick appeared slightly obsessed in both the original game and CC to me. Especially in the original after CC came along.

The 89 letters are definitely an example. She not only continued writing to someone who never responded for that long that many times, but she kept track of how many she'd sent as well, so it was clearly a big deal for her.

You don't count things like if it's not a significant emotional investment. When a best friend of mine who I'd fallen in love with stopped talking to me for a few months, for a while I kept up with how many days it had been since we last spoke. That was obsessive.

Fairheartstrife said:
WHAT SHOULD HE HAVE DONE? HE JUST AGREED TO PROTECT HER. I NEVER SAID HE NEVER AGREED TO BE HER BODY GUARD, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU GETTING THAT? HE NEVER AGREED TO THE DATE!

He did, actually. He nodded when she suggested it in the church as his payment for being her bodyguard -- and he was the one who told her he would be her bodyguard, but that it would cost her. So he definitely agreed to those terms, and the date was something he wanted.

Ryu said:
If you think that's taking Maiden for what it is, you are not reading Maiden.
'I love him more than my first love, let me think of him, oh, HI, first love I've summoned because he thought I was thinking about him' is NOT enforcing the idea that Aerith actually loved Cloud more.

She can love the idea of him more even if she doesn't actually know him -- and, yes, to be clear, I've always agreed that the not knowing him is what is shown by her thoughts of "Cloud" conjuring Zack.

It doesn't have to be that she loved Zack more or loved Cloud more. She can love the idea of one more while loving the real qualities of the other more -- and that's what happened.

I do think it warrants being pointed out, though, that even in Maiden, Aerith still recognizes that there's differences between Zack and Cloud, such as Cloud's awkwardness. She knew some things about the real guy.

Celes said:
Yeah, you know I think the creators created an ENTIRE story and showed Zack and Aerith deeply in love for no reason. Wearing pink, a ribbon, even selling flowers - they tied it all to Zack OBVIOUSLY because they're just really, really great pals. Yes... because Aerith loved Cloud more, they decided to make CC to show us that Zack would always be by her side as a really good friend.

In fairness, Tiff, Cloud was alive during the events of FFVII. Zack was not. Aerith was spending time with him, not Zack, making new memories that she was experiencing and feeling emotional responses to. She was in love with him, regardless of how or why. It's perfectly reasonable to say that -- at. that. time. -- she was more in love with him than with a dead guy she hadn't seen in five years.

Celes said:
I disagree with this. I don't get how Aerith's character sucked balls. No offense, but only Cleriths seem to think this way. XD Is there a reason for that? Is it just because that Aerith was a bit more timid in her younger years?

Being so docile is a big part of it, yes. The Mary Sue factors come on a bit strong there, but I agree with Ryu that in large part this is because she was trying too hard to be normal. Zack coming into her life was probably a big part of why she would try to do that.

crack said:
If Aerith's obsessive, I don't even want to know what the fuck Tifa is.

Codependent.

Winter said:
Honestly I understand that she really liked him and made a lot of promises to him but... those things really are null and void after a while. It's entirely possible that Aerith just outgrew this and outgrew her love for him. It happens. It's just not within logic to decide she was that stuck on him for that long, especially since men seemed to be so drawn to her.

I can think of a million promises I made to exes that don't mean anything to me now. Just because Aerith didn't explicitly say I LIKE PINK AND RIBBONS I AM NOT WAITING FOR ZACK doesn't mean it isn't true.

In fairness, those things have no narrative value if they weren't included to indicate Aerith's lingering love for Zack during the events of the original game.

Ryu said:
Aerith was all about Cloud because Sephiroth was all about Cloud. Literally. She fixates on Cloud again because Sephytacular was doing it too.

Think it needs pointing out that Aerith calls Cloud her koibito in Case of the Lifestream White. That, more than whether the story talks all about Cloud or never mentions Zack, is why it's significant in looking at Aerith's feelings.

Ryu said:

Identifying something as obsessive doesn't mean you think it's creepy. What Aerith did was absolutely obsessive -- and weird as well, though I understand why, so I'm not saying this derisively -- but not creepy.

Ryu said:
Though, this does remind me, CC needed to have a scene of Zack trying to call Aerith on escaping, only to find his phone didn't work, or her number had changed or something.

Yes, it did. Another reason that game is almost complete crap.

Zee said:
It's called, actually, inconsistent character writing. And I'm an expert on this because I sat through three and a half seasons of Heroes, so I know what the fuck I'm talking about, okay?

Can I mate with you, please?

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
In fairness, Tiff,

In fairness Tres, shut your whore mouth. xD

I know this, and you should know that I know this. I'm not trying to say that Aerith never loved Cloud or wasn't interested in him, but I don't think her love for Zack ever faded. Do I think she loved Cloud more than Zack at some points... ? Maybe. After playing Crisis Core and reading the Ultimanias, I don't really buy it. She never even got to meet the real Cloud, no matter the desire she had to actually do so.

Again, Why the FUCK would they make a game and tie lots of things that make Aerith who she is, to Zack? Shits AND giggles I guess.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
In fairness, those things have no narrative value if they weren't included to indicate Aerith's lingering love for Zack during the events of the original game.
See, I would buy this if the games had been released the other way around. Crisis Core was released almost a decade later than the original game, and SE has already shown a fondness for retconning.

I just don't buy that having her "wear pink for Zack" was their original intention when they made the game, I just don't, and I think it's a stupid thing to assume.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Basically what I've been trying to tell him for months.

I know this, and you should know that I know this. I'm not trying to say that Aerith never loved Cloud or wasn't interested in him, but I don't think her love for Zack ever faded. Do I think she loved Cloud more than Zack at some points... ? Maybe. After playing Crisis Core and reading the Ultimanias, I don't really buy it. She never even got to meet the real Cloud, no matter the desire she had to actually do so.

Exactly. No shit, Aerith's gonna focus on the living guy who she's talking to and trying to get to know in the present. But the fact of the matter is, Zack being reflected from Cloud played a major part in the initial attraction. At the time, was Aerith's mind more on Cloud while alive? Yes. But that doesn't take away the fact she still loved Zack.

Again, Why the FUCK would they make a game and tie lots of things that make Aerith who she is, to Zack? Shits AND giggles I guess.

It's just Nojima trolling. You know how he is with patterns that don't exist.

Winter said:
I just don't buy that having her "wear pink for Zack" was their original intention when they made the game, I just don't, and I think it's a stupid thing to assume.

The whole Compilation
wasn't the original intention of the FFVII story's direction. So that's kinda redundant. That doesn't change the fact that the creators changed their minds and have now expanded upon the story and franchise.

Vendel

Banned
See, I would buy this if the games had been released the other way around. Crisis Core was released almost a decade later than the original game, and SE has already shown a fondness for retconning.

Does it really matter?

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Does it really matter?
Does any of this even matter? :monster:

mako said:
The whole Compilation wasn't the original intention of the FFVII story's direction. So that's kinda redundant. That doesn't change the fact that the creators changed their minds and have now expanded upon the story and franchise.
True, true.

I just argue about this shit because I think Crisis Core made Aerith look like a stupid little bint and it annoys me. Also, Gackt.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Theory 1: Aerith acts the way she does in CC because Gackt's Vanilla brainwaves have fucked with everyone in the same game as him.

It also explains how Cloud totally is too girly in CC.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

If you agree to open yours. :awesome:

Celes said:

I know you know it (and that you know that I know you know :awesome:), but I'm not trying to say that you think Aerith didn't love Cloud or that she was never interested in him, nor am I saying that her interest in Zack had faded.

What I'm saying is that emotions felt in the moment are always more powerful than those that have already past, by the nature of what they are. It's a lot like physical pain, really -- you'll remember that something hurt a lot, and you'll be able to describe painful things on a scale, but an accurate memory of how something painful felt begins to fade as soon as the pain itself ends.

At the time of the original game's events, it's perfectly reasonable to conclude that Aerith was more in love with the idea of Cloud than she presently was in love with the idea of Zack. And, again, that's a separate matter altogether from how well she knew Cloud, or whose characteristics she was more in love with.

Celes said:
Again, Why the FUCK would they make a game and tie lots of things that make Aerith who she is, to Zack?

That's an altogether different matter from what we're discussing, though.

But if we want to play that game, why would Nojima write Case of the Lifestream White (keeping in mind that the newest OtWtaS stories and ACC are the newest Compilation entries) such that Aerith refers to Cloud as her desired person/koibito? I won't venture to make the comment that Case of the Lifestream White only talks about her feelings for Cloud, as it's true that Aerith was thinking about Cloud because Seph was obsessing over him, but the reality of the matter is that Nojima still chose to identify Cloud as Aerith's koibito.

Celes said:
Shits AND giggles I guess.

Why have just one when you can have both?

Celes said:
I don't think it was the original intention.

That doesn't make it untrue.

Agreed.

Also, Gackt.

I like his musical contributions to the Compilation. :monster:

Also, Genesis's character design and voice are awesome, I don't care what anyone says.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
If you agree to open yours.

LOL.

But if we want to play that game, why would Nojima write Case of the Lifestream White (keeping in mind that the newest OtWtaS stories and ACC are the newest Compilation entries) such that Aerith refers to Cloud as her desired person/koibito?

hazamacrack.gif

Top Bottom