SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Sorry if i ruin the mood or anything, it just amazes me how a new argument is born each time, but it certainly makes me fell ridiculousness (if that's a feeling), but sometimes it's kinda funny so apologies if i shouldn't share this screenshot, if it's needed i should delete it
You can probably mention the bad arguments. Don’t post screenshots of it though as that can go south quickly.

Plus, it may invite some people (probably nobody here but it worth being cautious) to go harass them.

You can still mention the arguments though.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
Yeah. Even if the Ultimania doesn’t show it. You simply cannot get past the fact that

1) the writers decided to give Cloti a kiss
2) the writers decided not to give Clerith a kiss

They coded this and put it in the game. But Clerith is still favored apparently lol
I don’t understand how these arguments get made, genuinely. The Ultimania has a screenshot and details things in the game, so this supersedes the fact that in the game Cloud and Tifa can kiss?

That is just such strange logic to someone new to all this. It just seems like such a strange way to prove something.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I don’t understand how these arguments get made, genuinely. The Ultimania has a screenshot and details things in the game, so this supersedes the fact that in the game Cloud and Tifa can kiss?

That is just such strange logic to someone new to all this. It just seems like such a
I think it’s just grasping at straws tbh.

Oh well. I think it’s fine. Hopefully Part 3 ends this for good like I said before, at least in a way where the LTD ends for the majority even if it continues on the fringe.

Reactions: LNK

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶

Oh well. I think it’s fine. Hopefully Part 3 ends this for good like I said before, at least in a way where the LTD ends for the majority even if it continues on the fringe.

I try to remember the crazier takes I’ve seen and just try to stay away. Don’t want to get lost in the sauce. I mean if we’re talking about LA and HA, both of Tifa’s scenes say a lot.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I try to remember the crazier takes I’ve seen and just try to stay away. Don’t want to get lost in the sauce. I mean if we’re talking about LA and HA, both of Tifa’s scenes say a lot.
If it’s any consolation, shippers are a minority section in this fandom. That includes us, so a lot of the extreme takes seen on both sides are just a small fraction of the overall fandom.

blink-07

Pro Adventurer
AKA
blink-07

Yeh, honestly, just let them be. How is hand holding a threat to a kiss? And one that Cloud initiates and confirm to Tifa that what they’re feeling is, in fact, real. I’m not surprised they put focus on aerith tho…since you know, she dies and it’s her send off game.

I want more info on tifa/aerith relationship tho and also our favourite puppy Zack.

branklinn

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Kirin
Thinking about it now, it would kinda make sense that the Ultimania focuses slightly more on Aerith, considering her fate and her date was kinda more vague whereas Tifa’s basically had the same conclusion in both cases (could be remembering, didn't look at the low affection dates are much as the high affection). Just my interpretation anyways, we are still just getting snippets and we still got one more part to go.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
People can get really nasty on Twitter, as much as I like peeking at the Ultimania spoilers, it just makes me realize what a thorn LTDs can put in a fandom.

Apparently none of the dates are canon and just something like a fan service Nojima says, and you can choose what is canon. Which still doesn’t really change anything for me as far as the narrative goes with Cloud/Tifa and Aerith/Zack.

I do find that statement interesting though and find it kind of crazy to have one option get a kiss.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, regardless… I’m still pretty confident for Part 3 so no reason to worry. Because even as fanservice they only chose one girl to get the kiss, which has to be an intentional decision.

Even if the dates don’t have a “canon” status, it’s pretty clear they’re laying the groundwork for Tifa-related stuff in Part 3. So it doesn’t really matter.

And yeah, at this point, it’s probably best to let the chips lie where they’ve fallen.

I’m not worried at least as far as Cloti goes when it comes to Part 3.

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
People can get really nasty on Twitter, as much as I like peeking at the Ultimania spoilers, it just makes me realize what a thorn LTDs can put in a fandom.

Apparently none of the dates are canon and just something like a fan service Nojima says, and you can choose what is canon. Which still doesn’t really change anything for me as far as the narrative goes with Cloud/Tifa and Aerith/Zack.

I do find that statement interesting though and find it kind of crazy to have one option get a kiss.

All it means is even in a "non cannon" scenario Aerith still does not receive one which makes it ironic.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
Yeah, regardless… I’m still pretty confident for Part 3 so no reason to worry.

Even if the dates don’t have a “canon” status, it’s pretty clear they’re laying the groundwork for Tifa-related stuff in Part 3. So it doesn’t really matter.

And yeah, at this point, it’s probably best to let the chips lie where they’ve fallen.

I’m not worried at least as far as Cloti goes when it comes to Part 3.
Oh yeah I mean for me personally the more compelling things were throughout the story. The moment I felt “invested” in Cloud and Tifa was Gongaga.

With that being said, if none of the dates are meant to be serious, wouldn’t that also kind of toss out the dialogue choices we have? If that is the case, then what leg would Cloud/Aerith have to stand on?

If the GS dates are not meant to be considered with the story, then why would I also put “value” in my dialogue options which is the mechanic for the GS date?

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Oh yeah I mean for me personally the more compelling things were throughout the story. The moment I felt “invested” in Cloud and Tifa was Gongaga.

With that being said, if none of the dates are meant to be serious, wouldn’t that also kind of toss out the dialogue choices we have? If that is the case, then what leg would Cloud/Aerith have to stand on?

If the GS dates are not meant to be considered with the story, then why would I also put “value” in my dialogue options which is the mechanic for the GS date?
To be honest I doubt the term “canon” was used. I think it was meant to be taken the way they’ve always meant it to be taken. That it wouldn’t affect the main story, which is something we knew already.

So they are “removed” from the main story. But they all still matter in the sense that they depict Cloud’s bonds.

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
I think it can be argued she still gets the dream date though.

Although I don’t really find that scene very romantic myself.

I don't find it romantic either more bittersweet and depressing.

Also you are right but to counter that we have the Gongaga scene so it's even on both sides. (Well I personally think Tifa has a higher leg to stand on butttttt I know some people are gonna fight on that)

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I don't find it romantic either more bittersweet and depressing.

Also you are right but to counter that we have the Gongaga scene so it's even on both sides. (Well I personally think Tifa has a higher leg to stand on butttttt I know some people are gonna fight on that)
Yeah, I suppose that’s true actually.

Gongaga is not optional.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
In my original post I considered a teddy bear-esque cuddly joke, but remembered what series we were discussing and assumed these were in fact taxidermied specimens :monster: I then chose to use the word "real" rather than the more accurate "living" :doh:
Hindsight and all that.

My exposure to The Witcher is less than I would like, as the plot, worldbuilding, and characters are right up my alley. But even I know that last sentence is nothing but truth :monster:
It's some wild shit. Cavill is good in the show but there are lots of changes made to the narrative that bring it down. Basically anything with Cavill and Batey bantering is fucking gold, though.

Oh no lol. Not Neptunia. One other really popular one. Though recently it's gotten better. This one also had problems with getting products out on time.
Disgaea? Or is that not the most popular any more?

Is this used as a point to make in the LTD? As in a reasoning for why Tifa is bad and doesn’t deserve Cloud or something?

If so, it’d be another point that blows me away.
Yes. that was a common argument back in the bad old days.

I'm waiting for the Lore stuff to be uploaded but for now, here are the Loveless Costumes for Tifa and Aerith (Yuffie's has not been posted yet).

View attachment 15497 View attachment 15498
I'm still sad you can't pick these or outfits like these for out and about and battle. They're amazing.

Also, the people arguing that "Aerith's date is canon" are entirely missing the point. All the dates are meant to be taken as ~true~ in that regardless of if they happened, that is how Cloud would respond if that person or peoples met him for a date.

And even if it were the only date,. it's not romantic. Like the dream date, it serves to highlight that while lovely people each of them, they are not correct for each other.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
So they are “removed” from the main story. But they all still matter in the sense that they depict Cloud’s bonds.

Yeah that would make sense. I mean they’re not just cloned versions of the dates, they all seem to have intentions and be meaningful. I love Tifa’s date but I also enjoy Aerith’s and Yuffie’s.

It just all falls back on how strange I think the logic is in the LTD as well. I already saw people feeling some victory with the GS date statement, but these would be the same people who consider the placement of a screenshot as evidence of something.

I need to not get lost in the sauce though! I don’t want to judge anyone, I just want to mind my business and enjoy the characters and story. It’s just hard when you see certain takes. I’m not a seasoned veteran in the war.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Yeah that would make sense. I mean they’re not just cloned versions of the dates, they all seem to have intentions and be meaningful. I love Tifa’s date but I also enjoy Aerith’s and Yuffie’s.

It just all falls back on how strange I think the logic is in the LTD as well. I already saw people feeling some victory with the GS date statement, but these would be the same people who consider the placement of a screenshot as evidence of something.

I need to not get lost in the sauce though! I don’t want to judge anyone, I just want to mind my business and enjoy the characters and story. It’s just hard when you see certain takes. I’m not a seasoned veteran in the war.
At the end of the day, what’s in the game is most important. Some people can choose to ignore what’s presented and certain decisions that have clearly been made, for these people it’ll be quite the wake up call eventually.

At the end of the day, it’s clear the CT side can essentially accept everything given to the CA side, but the CA side has to ignore what’s given to the CT side.

That basically sums up this LTD. I think it’s essentially over for me now. I used to feel like I was gaslit, and sometimes I still feel like I am, but I’m confident in my original reading of the story now.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
That basically sums up this LTD. I think it’s essentially over for me now. I used to feel like I was gaslit, and sometimes I still feel like I am, but I’m confident in my original reading of the story now.

I don’t think it ever began for me. Walking away from Rebirth, with no other knowledge of these Ultimanias, novels, etc, it seemed obvious to me what SE was setting up as far as romantic partners. I guess that’s the luxury of becoming an FF7 shipper in 2024.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I don’t think it ever began for me. Walking away from Rebirth, with no other knowledge of these Ultimanias, novels, etc, it seemed obvious to me what SE was setting up as far as romantic partners. I guess that’s the luxury of becoming an FF7 shipper in 2024.
I didn’t realize how bad it was until Rebirth. I’ve been a fan for over a decade but I suppose I was lucky in that I didn’t spend a whole lot of time in the fandom.

It was lurking and joining this forum (mostly trying to find some way to pass the time until the game came out) that I realized just how far the rabbit hole went.

Half a year ago I was blissfully ignorant.

Innocence lost.

Top Bottom