SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
In the OG at least, I really don't think they'd have found the guts otherwise. After Rebirth's version of the GS date I'm less certain they couldn't find a way, but it'd still help :awesome:
Let's not forget their relation is on its way to know some real storm. Cloud losing it, Tifa doubting what is real and what is fiction (;))

The highwind scene is the perfect moment to conclude this arc.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I was unaware that Triss was the Pyro :awesomonster: Yes I know Pyro is associated with the Baloonicorn which is not stuffed, the joke still flies for me but in honor of our Admiral I'll go ahead and get the pedantry for it out of the way now :monster:
Ironically, Triss IS the pyro in that she fights with fire magic and has red hair, but the point I was making was that Yennefer is actually the one with whom Geralt has sex on a stuffed Unicorn. Multiple ones, actually, in books and in Witcher 3.

Alright, new topic discussion, which FF7 lady is most likely to want to have sex on the back of a stuffed Unicorn?

Is it
Myrna
Elmyra
Scarlett
The Captain of the 7th Infantry
Aerith
Ester
Tifa
Marle
Yuffie
Claudia
Elena
Lucrecia
Madame M
Jenny
Cissnei
Ifalna
OTHER (Please write in)

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Ironically, Triss IS the pyro in that she fights with fire magic and has red hair, but the point I was making was that Yennefer is actually the one with whom Geralt has sex on a stuffed Unicorn. Multiple ones, actually, in books and in Witcher 3.

Alright, new topic discussion, which FF7 lady is most likely to want to have sex on the back of a stuffed Unicorn?

Is it
Myrna
Elmyra
Scarlett
Aerith
Ester
Tifa
Marle
Yuffie
Claudia
Elena
Lucrecia
Madame M
Jenny
Cissnei
Ifalna
OTHER (Please write in)
Ester probably. She probably has experience in the “saddle”.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Marle seems the type to have already done so with an actual Unicorn and be unimpressed by anyone else attempting it on a stuffed unicorn :awesome: Can the unicorn in question be Ixion?

Edit: How did spell check change Marle to Marlene? You're gonna get me on a watchlist spell check, wtf man?

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

Is it
Myrna
Elmyra
Scarlett
Aerith
Ester
Tifa
Marle
Yuffie
Claudia
Elena
Lucrecia
Madame M
Jenny
Cissnei
Ifalna
OTHER (Please write in)

Shera.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶

Is it
Myrna
Elmyra
Scarlett
Aerith
Ester
Tifa
Marle
Yuffie
Claudia
Elena
Lucrecia
Madame M
Jenny
Cissnei
Ifalna
OTHER (Please write in)
Stuffed Chocobo?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Marle seems the type to have already done so with an actual Unicorn and be unimpressed by anyone else attempting it on a stuffed unicorn :awesome: Can the unicorn in question be Ixion?

Edit: How did spell check change Marle to Marlene? You're gonna get me on a watchlist spell check, wtf man?
For clarification, the unicorns in the Witcher WERE real unicorns who had been taxidermied. Also note that Unicorns are sapient creatures. Yen did not kill the ones the owns, but sorceresses are freaks the lot of them.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
For clarification, the unicorns in the Witcher WERE real unicorns who had been taxidermied.

In my original post I considered a teddy bear-esque cuddly joke, but remembered what series we were discussing and assumed these were in fact taxidermied specimens :monster: I then chose to use the word "real" rather than the more accurate "living" :doh:

Also note that Unicorns are sapient creatures. Yen did not kill the ones the owns, but sorceresses are freaks the lot of them.

My exposure to The Witcher is less than I would like, as the plot, worldbuilding, and characters are right up my alley. But even I know that last sentence is nothing but truth :monster:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I’m gonna play a bit of devil’s advocate for people claiming that Tifa was mean for not letting Cloud into the group when they were kids.

First, forgetting that this is actually not what happened… at all. There’s also the fact that children are fucking dumb and it’s not necessarily indicative of who they or will be when they grow up. I’ve certainly exhibited many behaviors as a kid that I regret as an adult and find cringe.

I just wanted to say this because… I’ve seen way too many people take Tifa’s character when she was a little girl on bad faith.

And like I said before, it’s moot because it actually did not play out this way.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
I’m gonna play a bit of devil’s advocate for people claiming that Tifa was mean for not letting Cloud into the group when they were kids.

First, forgetting that this is actually not what happened… at all. There’s also the fact that children are fucking dumb and it’s not necessarily indicative of who they or will be when they grow up. I’ve certainly exhibited many behaviors as a kid that I regret as an adult and find cringe.

I just wanted to say this because… I’ve seen way too many people take Tifa’s character when she was a little girl on bad faith.

And like I said before, it’s moot because it actually did not play out this way.
Is this used as a point to make in the LTD? As in a reasoning for why Tifa is bad and doesn’t deserve Cloud or something?

If so, it’d be another point that blows me away.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

Grown-ass adults who ostracize a mother and her son.

A little girl coming out of a 6-month coma and to whom we explained she was a victim of said boy.

But yeah, let's blame the 8 year old girl.

And she wasn't even mean.

They're pathetic with their Tifa hate.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Is this used as a point to make in the LTD? As in a reasoning for why Tifa is bad and doesn’t deserve Cloud or something?

If so, it’d be another point that blows me away.
Yes, it’s often used to prove Tifa is bad and that Cloud should not be with her.

At the very least there are definitely people who use it to imply she’s a toxic person.

Last edited:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Grown-ass adults who ostracize a mother and her son.

A little girl coming out of a 6-month coma and to whom we explained she was a victim of said boy.

But yeah, let's blame the 8 year old girl.

And she wasn't even mean.

They're pathetic with their Tifa hate.
Yes, the people who are truly to blame are the adults who decided to blame a kid over something he potentially did not understand and the boys Tifa hung out with who lied.

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
Just wanted to say "Thank you" for dispelling a lot of the rumours and falsehoods about how translation works at SE because it drives me up the wall to see the fans blame "SENA" for stuff they don't like when it has nothing to do with them at the end of the day. All SENA does is get the scripts into the hands of our talent and oversee the North American marketing materials in general. They're not responsible for how things get translated, and, at most, all they can do is facilitate a meeting between talent and translators to get things in a better spot if, say, John Eric Bentley (Barret) notices something racially insensitive/stereotypical that he thinks Barret shouldn't say.

But there's no one at SENA wringing their hands and twirling their moustache like an evil villain as they 'fuel the LTD' lol. That's just not happening. And at the end of the say, FF7 directors see the finished product in all languages. They have to sign off on it. The translators can't just do whatever they want and call it a day, it's a collaborative process that takes a lot of time and effort.
Thank YOU for getting it. I really appreciate it. Some people have been really weird about this honestly for like a year now spreading blatant misinformation and getting really mad when it's corrected. I understand wanting quality translations. I definitely understand how the trend in localization seems to favor more transcreation than not and how this could lead the audience to feel like changes are not necessary. And we can talk about those changes without spreading falsehoods. Unfortunately what is considered a good translation to an expert might upset fans that want it close as possible to the Japanese script. I 100% get it.

But misinformation doesn't help at all with getting that. Accuracy can only help people express the problems they have and maybe the dev teams might even listen but not if we're basically spreading lies about them and their intentions.

Reactions: Rin

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think the Barret mistranslation is probably the biggest mistake and needs to be corrected. Why did they want to change it is beyond me.

What CBU1 needs is probably a continuity expert to ensure that no big mistake is made and to whom the translation team can refer to.

Top Bottom