SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
The sheer hilarity of confidently stating something as fact while simultaneously admitting you’ve never actually played the game is just….. well, amazing really.

You’d think they’d just lie about having played it. Would probably make them look better despite still being wrong.
Oh, there are so many people who admit not seeing/playing/reading X and still assert an opinion about it that's 100% wrong with their whole chest. I'd probably die of embarrassment instead.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
Saw someone on Twitter claim that CT fans only like it for superficial reasons.

Dunno, feels like projection.
Well, even if some CT fans do, what does it exactly prove, lol? Even if some people like CT just because they're hot/cute together and don't put more thought into it than that, it really doesn't say anything about the quality of the writing or the pairing itself?

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Well, even if some CT fans do, what does it exactly prove, lol? Even if some people like CT just because they're hot/cute together and don't put more thought into it than that, it really doesn't say anything about the quality of the writing or the pairing itself?
I agree, but they’re obviously using this as a way of saying CT fans are delusional and obviously the real romance is supposed to be CA.

Reaper3Delta

Pro Adventurer
Oh, there are so many people who admit not seeing/playing/reading X and still assert an opinion about it that's 100% wrong with their whole chest. I'd probably die of embarrassment instead.
This reminds me of a Clerith that added a Cloti quote from during the under the highwind scene to a chapter 14 dream date picture, got embarrassed for it and then confirmed never playing FF7 before.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
This reminds me of a Clerith that added a Cloti quote from during the under the highwind scene to a chapter 14 dream date picture, got embarrassed for it and then confirmed never playing FF7 before.
I mean, there are people thinking that Tifa is attracted the SOLDIER!Cloud even though she’s clearly not… confirmed by her saying that he scares her in Sector 7.

Reaper3Delta

Pro Adventurer
Even when the game itself shows it; 'Alone at Last' shows a Cloud ready to "get it on" with Tifa and it was just chapter 3 of Remake. "Don't blame the player, blame the Game!" lol

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I’m starting to believe that Nojima sending people down the rabbit hole of Carl Jung was a clever troll on his part because I can tell some people are getting way too tangled in it.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I’m starting to believe that Nojima sending people down the rabbit hole of Carl Jung was a clever troll on his part because I can tell some people are getting way too tangled in it.
Yeah, I saw something about that but im not too familiar with the concepts.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Yeah, I saw something about that but im not too familiar with the concepts.
I’m not either, but it didn’t take too much digging before I just went “ah, so that’s why the LS sequence goes the way it does. Neat.”

Basically breaks the idea of “the self” into 4 pieces and how you need to find balance and accept these pieces to become a fully functional self. Accepting failures to balance an inflated ego, embracing opposing characteristics to become a more rounded individual, stuff like that.

Then toss in an alien in your brain to try and scramble these things to bend you to its will and you get Why Cloud is Going Through It 101.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I’m not either, but it didn’t take too much digging before I just went “ah, so that’s why the LS sequence goes the way it does. Neat.”

Basically breaks the idea of “the self” into 4 pieces and how you need to find balance and accept these pieces to become a fully functional self. Accepting failures to balance an inflated ego, embracing opposing characteristics to become a more rounded individual, stuff like that.

Then toss in an alien in your brain to try and scramble these things to bend you to its will and you get Why Cloud is Going Through It 101.
The wait for Part 3 is gonna feel excruciatingly long.

“I don’t need sleep, I need answers.”

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Haha.

Sephiroth: evil aura

Tifa: “Hold my beer”
Is it bad that an evil Tifa ( or at least a mean girl one ) is very intriguing to me as a sane Sephiroth?

See? This is what shipping and fanfiction is for, zany thought experiments that are all in good fun.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Is it bad that an evil Tifa ( or at least a mean girl one ) is very intriguing to me as a sane Sephiroth?

See? This is what shipping and fanfiction is for, zany thought experiments that are all in good fun.
Yeah, these could be interesting “what-ifs” but to act like these are how the characters are in canon is crazy. It’s such a bad faith interpretation.

Reaper3Delta

Pro Adventurer

I saw a Fanfic about a Tifa corrupted by Corneo like 2 years prior to the start of FF7 and she didn't give a flying fuck about Cloud , the promise or anything. Felt really bad for that Cloud. Thank goodness canon Tifa is not like that.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I saw a Fanfic about a Tifa corrupted by Corneo like 2 years prior to the start of FF7 and she didn't give a flying fuck about Cloud , the promise or anything. Felt really bad for that Cloud. Thank goodness canon Tifa is not like that.
You been reading doujins….? suspicious side eye

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I don't know what are those, but I was curious about it lol. Never again. I am a CloTi purist even in fanfic and it gave me like an anxiety/heartburn in my stomach. Taking this stuff too seriously I guess.
Doujins are fan manga. In a lot of cases… they are sexual. Your description of the fanfic sounds like a doujin plot. LMAO

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No, because “one rule for thee and another for me.”
You forgot about the "Head's I win tails you lose" as well.

Dumb take I encountered today that I cannot screenshot for you all because the guy who said it blocked me in a fit of "I'm not mad!" rage, none of the older Ultimanias are canon because remake project is "in its own world." This was from someone trying to argue that the whispers, not Jenova, were responsible for Cloud's memory issues.
He also said Crisis Core wasn't canon despite, you know, being referenced in Rebirth.

Last edited:

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
You forgot about the "Head's I win tails you lose" as well.

Dumb take I encountered today that I cannot screenshot for you all because the guy who said it blocked me in a fit of "I'm not mad!" rage, none of the older Ultimanias are canon because remake project is "in its own world." This was from someone trying to argue that the whispers, not Jenova, were responsible for Cloud's memory issues.
He also said Crisis Core wasn't canon despite, you know, being referenced in Rebirth.
Ah the old "picking and choosing what's canon based on what suits you best" approach. Very popular amongst fanon shippers and/or comic book fans. Those groups typically acknowledge that's what they're doing at least idk why this guy expects to be taken seriously with that attitude. Especially the Crisis Core thing, they could not have more blatantly connected that to the re-trilogy

Top Bottom