Gears of War 3

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I should probably buy it from Europe, as Gears 3 will probably release in Australia at $110. Looks like a pretty swish deal.

Torque bow seems pretty much the same aside from having to unlock the execution (as with all other weapons) and I'm guessing the execution animation is the same. Still a difficult thing to use, although I've seen pros make some very, very nice kills by tagging walls.
Retro Lancer is pretty absurd. Best mid-close ranges. Not very newbie-friendly. Also has a pretty strong default melee, so in the event that you charge at someone and MISS, DERP, you can still hopefully try and throw one or two swings
I used to use Hammerburst quite a lot, but headshots don't giblet anymore and the ironsights are meh, so I think I'm starting to give that a pass for Gears 3 >:

There are a few weapons I hardly see used in the maps given in the beta, like Boltok, Gorgon, Torque Bow, etc. I don't know, maybe the maps aren't as conducive towards using those weapons or something, but the majority of players I've played have predominantly been using the Gnasher, Retro Lancer (flames or gold plated ofc :monster:) and the Hammerburst, in (imo) that order of popularity. Double Barrel shotgun as well, although people seem to prefer the Gnasher from first glance. People who do get their hands on the Oneshot seem to enjoy the hell out of it, but honestly most kills from that gun seem to be from either a target completely distracted or forgot how to roll out of the way :monster:
Pretty neat how it's the only gun to go through a Boomshield though.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Anddddd it's gone. It was mispriced exactly £10 cheaper. Now it is back where it should be. It's still a better price than some places though. My friend JUST managed to get one at the cheap cheap price.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
PROTIP PEOPLE

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE MORTAR DON'T FUCK WITH IT

OTHERWISE YOU INCONVENIENCE US ALL

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
How about for those of us that suck and just want to try it? :(

As my friend the arishok says

dragonage22011040823291.png

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I had a damn good time tonight blowing bitches faces off tonight and listening to panic switch all the while.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
So, Player's Choice is now up on the Beta, for today anyway. Secondly, dunno how long this will last and if it's only in the gametype I just mentioned, but all of the characters look like walking bobbleheads. xD

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The Gears of War Drinking Game.
Only compatibile with Horde mode.

1. At the end of every round each player must drink an amount of fingers (mouthful) equal to that of their postion on the round scoreboard. I.e. The player in 1st place drinks 1 finger. The player in 2nd place drinks 2 fingers. So on, so forth.

2. Whenever a player dies during a round, that player must consume 3 fingers of their beverage directly after dying.

3. If at any point the character Carmine shouts "Let's do this!", all players must then respond "In Carmine we trust.". The last player to do so must consume two fingers instantly.

4. If, during a round only one player remains and that player single-handedly finishes the round, that player can then create any rule to stand for the duration of the game. This rule can be anything whatsoever, so long as it does not violate any of the national laws that are present at the gaming table. I.e. Adri has to meow at the beginning of every round; if she does not then she must consume X amount of beverage. <- This is a grand example of a rule. In fact I may make this rule number 5.

Adri has to And last but not least. Have fun. Duh.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
The Gears of War Drinking Game.
Only compatibile with Horde mode.

1. At the end of every round each player must drink an amount of fingers (mouthful) equal to that of their postion on the round scoreboard. I.e. The player in 1st place drinks 1 finger. The player in 2nd place drinks 2 fingers. So on, so forth.

2. Whenever a player dies during a round, that player must consume 3 fingers of their beverage directly after dying.

3. If at any point the character Carmine shouts "Let's do this!", all players must then respond "In Carmine we trust.". The last player to do so must consume two fingers instantly.

4. If, during a round only one player remains and that player single-handedly finishes the round, that player can then create any rule to stand for the duration of the game. This rule can be anything whatsoever, so long as it does not violate any of the national laws that are present at the gaming table. I.e. Adri has to meow at the beginning of every round; if she does not then she must consume X amount of beverage. <- This is a grand example of a rule. In fact I may make this rule number 5.

Adri has to And last but not least. Have fun. Duh.

We're so Kimble's best birthday present.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
adri probably did not tdrink gor them

btw *I* have been drinking a sithload

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
GUYS

TORQUE BOW TAG IS NOW AVAILABLE

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So, if you don't know, today is the last day for the beta. So you may want to make it count guys.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Apparently, they've announced/shown what's in the special editions of the game.

Limited Edition has a replica of the COG medal given to Adam Fenix for creating the Hammer of Dawn, as well as a fabric COG flag (it's white on blue), the game, and a redeemable code that enables Adam Fenix to be used in multiplayer modes.

The Epic Edition has all of that, as well as a GoW3 art book and a Marcus Fenix statuette.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Yep. I want a Lancer replica. Not some shitty statue of Marcus. Totally going to sell that thing away.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Why don't Epic Games stop fucking around and include actual COG or Locust tags with every edition :monster: Rather than me having to trawl eBay for a pair lol

Top Bottom