• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII CHARACTER SMACKDOWN - The Neutrals Championship

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
stopwatch.png

BRING ON THE MEMES

Friendly reminder to players that as of the 20th May, 17:59 GMT, you have less than 24 hours to sway Spectators.

Here's a link to a time zone converter in case anyone needs it.

Keep on keepin’ on!

stopwatch.png

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Well this is a story all about how our friend named Johnny had his life turned upside down. Now I'd like to take a moment, just sit right there. I'll tell y'all a lol story of how he's gonna win this war.

In sector seven slums born and raised Jonny spent his time just fighting all day.
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool then Jonny started shooting at a ghoul.
When a couple of Turks who were up to no good, started making trouble in his neighbourhood. He got in several big fights and they blew up the plate so Johnny decided to run before the place devestate.
He listened to his dad and then went away he said ya know what I'm off to costa del sol.

He jumped onto a boat about seven or eight and he yelled to the captain "yo man where's the shitter"
Looked out the window he was finally there sitting with chicks breathing in fresh air.

Ahem my contributions to this battle have been somewhat weak so far but let me reiterate what my teammate has stated so far.

We have on one hand a man who has survived in one.of the worst slums of Midgar, knows the terrain of the battle intimately and is known as a fighter.

On the other hand we have a man who if you stuffed an engine up his ass had enough girth he could have driven Zack and cloud all the way to the northern crater. That is if northern crater had a McDonald's.

In a battle between the two our opponent is more likely to collapse trying to climb the stairs into the ring than to put up any sort of fight.

We know one thing for sure about the Old Guy, and that's this: he knows how to drive. No, I'm wrong: we know two things about him. He knows how to drive, and he has the balls to drive alone through the monster-infested badlands around Midgar. Now, I've never driven in the Midgar badlands, but I've driven in lion and hyena infested wildernesses, and I sure as hell would never drive alone unless I had some proper mechanics chops to fix my machine if it broke it down. I once had to change a tyre in the middle of nowhere in the Ruaha Game Park, and I'm not an NPC in a video game, so...

Basically what I'm arguing here is that the circumstantial evidence points to our Old Geezer knowing a little bit about engines and motors and so on.

If anyone is going to get in a train and drive it, it's going to be our Old Man.

Johnny, by your admission, can't drive and had to go by foot to Junon, fighting monsters all the way apparently (although we all know who gave him a lift). So what makes you think he could instantly figure out how to drive a train?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Y'all are impressive.

are we to suppose that every single person who travels from the biggest city in the world to the biggest beach resort in the world can only do by battling their way across plains and mountains and through Mythril Mines, tackling Zoloms and all manner of monsters?

No. Just poor people.

All the evidence of Johnny's troubled drunkenness just adds to his advantages. He has all the hallmarks of a fighter, including arrests for public order offences. If I'm not mistaken, the mugshot has what appears to be a fresh scar on his right cheek, indicating that that arrest was for fighting. All adding to his experience. Maybe not the guy you bring home for dinner, but certainly the guy you want at your back in a brawl.

Meanwhile, 'Old Guy' drives a truck. Given how bad the terrain is, that probably means he lives somewhere like Kalm. He won't be able to fit his truck in the train graveyard, leavbing him facing a younger, fitter, tougher man that knows the territory. Old Guy's fight experience, as implied by the name, was a long time ago, and he's settled into his truck driving job.

If Johnny's the one getting arrested for public brawling, he's the one too injured to run away when the cops arrive. He's not the old guy, he's the other guy - you know, the one who looks worse. Just because a young man gets himself involved in lots of bar brawls doesn't mean he's any good at it. §

I don't know why everyone thinks Johnny is familiar with the train graveyard. He's known to be of a somewhat nervous disposition, and the train graveyard is supposed to be haunted... and it doesn't offer the lures of booze or women. Johnny wouldn't go in there if his life depended on it.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
. He's not the old guy, he's the other guy - you know, the one who looks worse. Just because a young man gets himself involved in lots of bar brawls doesn't mean he's any good at it. §

I would even go so far as to say that he's terrible at it. The people who are getting involved in a lot of bar brawls are the ones who can't handle their liquor, with a quick mouth and doesn't think twice of their opponent. That's Johnny, completely underestimating our Old Man who will rig up the nearest train to drive it over his sorry drunk ass. Our Old Man may look tired but he's got the stamina, the drive to keep going, just like he makes all those long haul drives to Midgar.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
So because he can drive a car/van he can automatically drive a train ?
Wow must've missed that box on my driving licence.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Those trains move very slowly. It's not really helpful in a fight.

My impression is the winner gets arrested, because they stick around and the defeated one leaves?

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
If the Old Guy was as fat as you all shame him for, then fine, Johnny wouldn’t be able to make a dent. In fact, he would easily knock over Johnny’s drunk ass and sit on him and the fight would be over. Licorice is right, Johnny demonstrates a nervous disposition and is exactly the kind of insecure man that talks himself up to overcompensate but can’t dish a real life challenge. The Old Guy won't need to drive the train, just lock him in one and make ghost sounds and Johnny will drive himself to tears. Cry for mummy, Johnny, cry!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Reasons Why Johnny Continues To Be The Very Embodiment Of Suck

Snap, didn’t mean to fall quiet! Cursed life responsibilities! Anyway, let’s go! Because this post is T H I C C I’ve put points under spoiler tags. I dunno, I thought it would help??

Oh yes daddy! Look at those defined, huge, muscular arms compared to Johnny's skinny chicken bone limbs. Dude's got a bit of a belly on him now but he still keeps that strength workout routine tight; the roads are long and tough.
Let's look at Old Guy, shall we?

oldguy.jpg

A 'bit of a belly'? The guy is wider around than he is tall! No, an aged obese truck driver who spends all day sitting on his butt driving around in the sun is hardly going to have what it takes to cope in the dark, creepy, dangerous environment of the train graveyard -- and Johnny knows exactly how to make those trains shift about, where to hide, and what's safe to climb.

My lovely teammates have already pointed out the vileness of fat shaming, but on top of that, you say that as if he wouldn’t use his physic to his advantage! So he’s a bit thicc. You know who else are deadly opponents with a little bit of extra fat?
5.gif

Though that doesn’t seem to take away from their athleticism

I can see it now! Johnny drunkenly slurring his words and trying to take a swing at our champ, said champ tightening his muscles so that Johnny comically bounces off the belly. Johnny eventually being crushed under a one-man dog pile.

And we've spent a lot of time exaggerating the amount Johnny likes to drink - but what about old guys past, huh? We know from that belly that the guy likes his food, but what about the other seven deadly sins?

Well, let's see what he says when Zack asks him what he should do with his life!

Old Guy: Young people should try everything!

old-guy-debauched.jpeg

Yes, this is a guy who likes to experiment - with jobs, and probably with drugs and sex. And the fact he's wound up in a crappy job like driving a truck around is testament to those poor life choices.

Or a testament to his choice of living a little more simply after a lifetime of making the most out of his what he had! Why should young people be confined to this singular trajectory? Why not take advantage of your youth and experiment to see what you love to do and what you have a talent for!? Old Guy isn’t telling Zack to make poor choices, but to not be afraid of them! Experiment! Live a little! Go out and see the world! OR you stir trouble at home and end up as the town drunk, only choosing to escape when your own mother has decided it’s too much...

Your theory that Mukki took him to Costa Del Sol is built on pure conjecture and thin air - look at that picture of Mukki and his companions you shared.

Look closely and consider the type of company Mukki likes to keep. It seems to me that Mukki has a type, and I think we can all agree that Johnny - whom you yourself described as a 'shrimp' - is not that type.

17kjwtsa4ih5ljpg.jpg

Final+Fantasy+VII+Screenshot+32+mukki+naked.jpg

No, Mukki likes to travel the world and is not short on cash, but his entourage is made up of sporty, muscular, gym-loving guys with a liking for shorts and neatly trimmed facial hair.

NOT slim-and-wiry guys who wear jean jackets with their sleeves rolled up.

Cloud Strife is Mukki’s type. Lean, average height, pretty-enough-to-be-mistook-for-a-girl-in-a-wig Cloud Strife is Mukki’s type.

According to the FFWiki~
FFWiki said:
[Mukki] takes an instant liking to Cloud and flirts with him at every opportunity, much to Cloud's embarrassment.

Cloud is uncomfortable with Mukki attempting to get him to stay and join his "Young Bubby's group".

Now, if Mukki truly didn’t care for the company of anyone who wasn’t packing serious muscle, then why would he be so interested in Cloud?
old-guy-vs-johnny.jpg
, surely not much bigger if at all than Cloud himself. So this idea that Mukki couldn’t possible keep Johnny for company because of his physic is, frankly, a fallacy!

Furthermore, by insisting he couldn’t have gone with Mukki & Company, I’m assuming you’re sticking with the argument that he faced with a Zolom by himself.
hqdefault.jpg

Surely you’re not suggesting that Johnny is on par with
5229ac5055ab6cdd90ccc78b8f86b05ae0997071_hq.gif

Methinks Sephiroth would have something to say about that...

And if you are then, again, why the blankety blank didn’t Tifa and Barret utilise this awesome strength and skill in their fight against Shinra? Why would Tifa even need to give Johnny pointers in fighting as you suggested earlier? This just reeks of FAKE NEWS! SAD!

We have on one hand a man who has survived in one.of the worst slums of Midgar, knows the terrain of the battle intimately and is known as a fighter.

Is he though?? We’ve only seen evidence of him getting ‘blitzed,’ consider spending the night with a prostitute, and finding his way out of Midgar on the backs of better, stronger men.

And to address this:
So because he can drive a car/van he can automatically drive a train ?
Wow must've missed that box on my driving licence.

Fair, but if you argue that point, surely you must concede that Johnny doesn't know any more about operating a train either. Just because he lives near a yard of broken down trains, does not mean he magically knows how to operate one, just as living near a forest does not automatically qualify one as a dendrologist. And as my teammate Licorice has pointed out, it is likely he's never ventured in the area given it's notorious reputation for being haunted. Thus, this little scenario

Old guy: Huh?! Where am I? What's going on?
Johnny: *leaps aboard a train and sends it speeding forward*
Old guy: NOOOOOOO!!!!

Could never happen. Of the two, however, if the trains were, indeed, utilised, 'Old Guy' would have the better chance of sorting it all out!

((Also sorry if the images are HUGE I tried to resize them but not sure if it worked o.o))

They were fine! <3

johny_getting_his_ass_kicked.png

giphy.gif

Spectators, I think the choice is clear here! Doggy doogle, vote for Moogle!

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
stopwatch.png

DON&#8217;T TOUCH THAT KEYBOARD!!

This marks the end of round 1-5!

Spectators (and the audience!*) have 24 hours to cast their votes (either by posting in this thread or messaging me privately) for the champion that they have been swayed to stand behind. Our esteemed spectators this round are...

Spectators.png

Joe
solo player sab

At this time, spectators and audience members are allowed to post their thoughts on the match. Players are NOT ALLOWED to counter any of these comments with new arguments or to continue &#8216;battling&#8217; in general. Any attempt to do so will count as an automatic loss for your team. Players are free, however, to pay compliments to your opponents and such. ^^

Players!

If you&#8217;d like to opt out of participating in the next round, tell me so now.. Otherwise, I&#8217;m going to assume you&#8217;re still playing and you&#8217;re going to be reshuffled into a new team.

In General

If anyone (players, spectators, audience, anyone) has any feedback, questions, or concerns regarding the rules, please post that in the master thread here. It&#8217;ll be easier for me to keep track of/find your feedback this way for future reference. Thank you!

Any non-participant who&#8217;d like to be shuffled into a team, please say so now.

stopwatch.png

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
What a delightfully fun round that was! InterfaceLeader, thank you so much for joining us this weekend; your posts absolutely cracked me up!! XD

And made me nervous. &#3232;_&#3232;

To my teammates, :properhug: hurrah for fighting the good fight. To my opponents, :salute: you make for very worthy adversaries. To the judges...&#3237;_&#3237;

Yay! Thanks everyone!

InterfaceLeader

Pro Adventurer
Thank you all for letting me join in!
I was excited and then I read Fancy's first post and was like .... eeeeeep.

Thanks Ergo for your awesome 'Johnny of Bel Air' rap.

And to everyone for a very entertaining round of posting.

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
InterfaceLeader you were fantastic! I'm hoping we're on the same side next round LOL, you'd be hard-pressed to beat!!!

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Apologies I couldn't contribute more I kinda had a shit weekend of family drama and all I could muster was that shitty rap XD

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
ROUND 1-5 WINNER

No Joe post this round because our esteemed judge is busy!! He was kind enough to slide into my DMs to cast his vote, however, along with fellow judge sab and other audience voters.

And the results are in.

Old_Guy.png

VICTORY GOES TO TEAM MOOGLE
moogle_mascot.png

&#10023;&#65381;&#65439;: *&#10023;&#65381;&#65439;:*InterfaceLeader*:&#65381;&#65439;&#10023;*:&#65381;&#65439;&#10023;

1. BforB
  2. Channy
  3. Clement Rage
  4. Ergo Proxy
  5. Fancy (will spectate or play if neccesary)
  6. Joe - spectating (when he has the time)
  7. InterfaceLeader (on weekends)
  8. LicoriceAllsorts
  9. Minato
  10. solo player sab - spectating

We have five more rounds to play before we take a fortnight off. Thank you all tremendously for what you&#8217;ve contributed thus far! And as always, let me know if you have a problem with this list. Look forward to the next battle post and reroll.

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
ROUND 1-6

^And congrats on winning Spectator's MVP! :joy:

Round 1-6

Your Teams...

Team_Chocobo.png

Clement Rage
BforB
LicoriceAllsorts

Team_Moogle.png

Ergo Proxy
Minato
Channy

Your Champions...

Joe.png
VS
Kalm_Traveller.png

The Location...

Fort_Condor-_Entrance-ffvii.png

Fort Condor (Entrance)

Joe - Flashy master chocobo jockey for Teioh, a badass black chocobo...
Are you ready Team Chocobo?

Kalm Traveller - An older gentleman who is wanders the world, searching for rare knicknacks including the Earth Harp, Desert Rose, and Guide Book...
Are you ready Team Moogle?

The countdown begins when the first team player posts!

Chocobo Joe, the greatest living jockey on the planet. Did you know that, pound for pound, jockeys are the world's strongest athletes? Let's see what science has to say:

"Competitive horse chocobo racing requires both aerobic and anaerobic fitness... Racing is a physically demanding sport."
from "The Health and Performance Characteristics of Current and Retired
Jockeys in Ireland Gold Saucer", a doctoral thesis at Dublin City University Junon Polytechnique

Not only is Chocobo Joe the world's top jockey, which means he's the world's fittest and strongest athlete, but he is also skilful at fighting monsters, as witnessed by the NPC in Crisis Core who was rescued from monsters by Joe somewhere in the badlands between Midgar and Kalm.

On top of all this, he's a true gentleman who fights by Queensbery rules!

An aged antique collector stands no chance against him, but at least Joe will do him as little damage as possible.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
stopwatch.png

YOOOOO!!

giphy.gif

Let the record show that the battle phase of Round 1-6 was initiated by Team Chocobo on 23rd May, 08:45 GMT.

All players have until...
25th May, 08:45 GMT
...to sway their spectators.

Here's a link to a time zone converter in case anyone needs it.

Best of luck!

stopwatch.png

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Chocobo Joe, the greatest living jockey on the planet. Did you know that, pound for pound, jockeys are the world's strongest athletes? Let's see what science has to say:

"Competitive horse chocobo racing requires both aerobic and anaerobic fitness... Racing is a physically demanding sport."
from "The Health and Performance Characteristics of Current and Retired
Jockeys in Ireland Gold Saucer", a doctoral thesis at Dublin City University Junon Polytechnique

Not only is Chocobo Joe the world's top jockey, which means he's the world's fittest and strongest athlete, but he is also skilful at fighting monsters, as witnessed by the NPC in Crisis Core who was rescued from monsters by Joe somewhere in the badlands between Midgar and Kalm.

On top of all this, he's a true gentleman who fights by Queensbery rules!

An aged antique collector stands no chance against him, but at least Joe will do him as little damage as possible.

Interesting fact finding there but the reality is that these studies state that jockeys are pound for pound strong. The average weight for jockeys is around the 180 mark whereas an NFL player is close to the 300 pound mark. Pound for pound differences then show that NFL player is gonna snap the jockey like a toothpick. Joe being the best in the world also suggests he may be even lighter than the average.

So that's weight and muscle mass covered, now lets talk about height. To quote fancy in early posts the average jockey height is that of an ankle biter. The average height being around 4ft 2, meaning not only is he useless in battles with taller opponents but he can't even reach the cookies on the top shelf.

That said the kalm traveller is a bit of a mystery, he is a noted traveller of the world and holds some of the rarest artifacts known to man. How did he get these you may wonder?
It wasn't from sitting on the back of chocobo and reaping the benefits of it being faster than the rest. He got these treasures from his own accomplishments.

So if were talking about who would win my money is always gonna be on the old man with years worth of experience in being a badass over the pampered show pony sitting in the gold saucer growing fat and lazy as he basks in his current accomplishments.

Top Bottom