Doctor Who!!~

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Resisting spoilers!!!! I already know too much!!!!

But here's a theory:
532898_451503141590745_1295795841_n.jpg

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I really, really hope John Hurt isn't the 'real Nine'. It's such an unnecessary retcon, and I feel it's insulting to Eccleston's time with the series.
From how I understand it, if Hurt is the Ninth Doctor, Eccleston will be the "real Tenth", Tennant the Eleventh, and Smith the Twelfth. The idea behind the theory is that this is the Doctor who (no pun intended) burnt Gallifrey and worse in the Time War, and every other Doctor since has blocked the very thought of him from their minds.

Why none of the other species picked up on it? Time War. Also, with the Daleks, one Doctor is much the same as another.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
From how I understand it, if Hurt is the Ninth Doctor, Eccleston will be the "real Tenth", Tennant the Eleventh, and Smith the Twelfth. The idea behind the theory is that this is the Doctor who (no pun intended) burnt Gallifrey and worse in the Time War, and every other Doctor since has blocked the very thought of him from their minds.

Why none of the other species picked up on it? Time War. Also, with the Daleks, one Doctor is much the same as another.

The Doctor never seemed to have blocked the Time War from memory to me. The Tenth mentioned how he fought on the frontlines, destroyed Gallifrey and all that.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
The Doctor never seemed to have blocked the Time War from memory to me. The Tenth mentioned how he fought on the frontlines, destroyed Gallifrey and all that.
True, but remembering the outline of an event is not the same as remembering the event. The Doctor sometimes gets confused to times (see Tooth and Claw where he shrugs off being a 'mere' century out), so he undoubtedly gets confused as to what face he was wearing.

"Now let's see, when did I defeat Sutekh? Well, I had Sarah Jane with me, so I was either wearing a cravat or a scarf..."

Still! John Hurt. :)

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Possibly Doctor Who-inspired stained-glass window (it's recent enough to be, anyway):

485619_581918258507748_1876328504_n.jpg

That definitely looks more than a bit like the TARDIS.

The window is in Canterbury Cathedral, and was created by Ervin Bossanyi.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I'm excited to see Eleventh be a bit more intense this episode. It's exciting seeing him play hard ball like he did in Cold War. You can see how he cares for Clara despite his suspicions. I think that the loss of the Ponds, followed by losing Victorian Clara is getting to him, and he flat refuses to risk losing her.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I second seeing Eleven being more intense and serious. I'm definitely ready to see more of that.

Is it just me, or does Matt look really good without the coat and running around in just his button up shirt and vest?

I've always liked that look. Just the shirt and the vest. No overcoat. Gives me an image of some dashing, daring, reckless man who is yet still a perfect gentlemen in some cheesy cliche Victorian/steampunk story.

Because to be honest I'm still not sure If I've warmed up the the purple coat. I'm really kind of missing his original tan tweed. :(

But the vest is nice. But both the vest and the coat seem a little much to me. I think he would look better either with the coat and no vest or the vest and no coat. My vote goes vest and no coat. :3

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I think if this Cold War playset has accurate figures, we were very lucky not to see the Ice Warrior out of its suit.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I know, despite having not seen any of the original Ice Warrior stories. :lol: (I was vaguely aware of Doctor Who growing up, but got caught up in the excitement of the BBC première of the Paul McGann film (Pertwee was my first favourite Doctor, though).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ugh you guys.

I'm at my parent's house, watching Doctor Who the proper legal way, and the satellite cut out. D:

Had to reboot the box and it is taking forever. :(

I guess I'm downloading again. :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I guessed Tricky was the youngest brother with cybernetic eyes and voicebox before they said he was an android.

Enjoyed the episode immensely. Nice to have a straight forward (if you ignore the timey-wimey bits) caper. :D

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm not sure how I felt about this episode. I still have a good five to ten minute chunk or so in the middle that I need to see due to the signal cutting out, so perhaps I should wait until I see that part. But...
A reset ending, not sure how I feel. It seemed rather anti-climactic to me. This episode didn't leave me feeling very satisfied at the end.

But again, let me see that tiny chunk I missed in the middle and then I'll weigh in further.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm severely behind and this is so not like me. It's because my brother is watching a full series for the first time with me and he's only 6, so yeah, can't watch late at night when he's not there. We just watched the third episode and quite enjoyed it. Loved the references to the 80's!

Top Bottom