Doctor Who!!~

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'm sure I can't have been the only one who read all of those in Matt Smith's voice.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I'm sure I can't have been the only one who read all of those in Matt Smith's voice.
I took that as a challenge, and further read the post-regeneration dialogue in Paul McGann and Sylvester McCoy's voices. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So apparently rumor has it that the 50th Anniversary will me simulcast, as in, the rest of the world watches it at the same moment that the UK does. It'll be broadcast at 8pm in Britain, Noon on the West Coast, 6am the morning of the 24th in Sydney, Australia, etc.

All so that fans can watch it without spoilers.

That's rather epic. I just hope I don't have to work that day. That's 2pm my time.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
68235_630840016948905_1015952835_n.jpg

:sadpanda:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So I just discovered something interesting. Apparently the American versions of Doctor Who episodes are all cut to bits. :(

The parts where Martha's mother is threatening to shoot The Master as well as when Martha gave flowers to the woman who betrayed her to The Master are not in any version I've ever seen. :(

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
AAAAHHHHHH I'M NOT READY!!!!!!!!!!! I would pot a gif but I'm on my phone.

The more I have been thinking about it, though, the more I have realised that I would rather not know so soon. Wouldn't it be awesome if the identity of the next Doctor was not revealed ahead of time? 5i Lett
he regeneration be a surprise.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I agree that it would be awesome not to find out until the episode aired, but there's no way they'd manage to keep it under wraps for that long in this day and age.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It looks like they're doing it because they're about to start filming the Christmas episode and they want to release the information officially rather than letting it leak out.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Makes sense that way I guess.

Also, has anyone noticed that all the official statements from the BBC about this event have been free from any sort of gender identifying words?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Agreed. As was pointed out on BBC Breakfast today, the new series hasn't really been predictable. Eccleston was well known, but no-one would think of casting him as the Doctor except for RTD, and Tennant and Smith were both emerging stars at the time: known of, but not enough to appear on anyone's radar (except RTD and the Grand Moff).

Would be cool if it was him, though (and he's be the second Neverwhere actor tied to the role, as Paterson Joseph was considered a contender before Smith was cast).
Well this is gonna be a surprising subversion as he looks rather... old.
If he is cast, then he'll be the oldest actor cast to play the Doctor in the main continuity.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wouldn't that be odd, though? Peter Calpadi was already in an episode. They've been able to explain away this scenario for Freema, but for the actor playing The Doctor himself? Unless they just simply don't mention it and we all just carry on. I suppose that's always a possibility. :monster:

Either way,
44621_634931923206381_1521961265_n.png

Oh thank you Lord it's still a man. :awesome:

I've also suddenly been seeing the name Aneurin Barnard pop up today. I have no idea who that is. :P

I guess we'll know in just about an hour.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Colin Baker was in one of the Peter Davison episodes and as far as I know they just ignored it. So there'd be precedent.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Colin Baker was in one of the Peter Davison episodes and as far as I know they just ignored it. So there'd be precedent.
Right, and before playing Romana, Layla Ward played Princess Astra in the Key to Time. That was given the explanation of Romana needing to regenerate anyway, and she liked the face. There's a slight fan theory that was why the Sixth Doctor modelled himself after Maxil - also the fact that Maxil was more of a forceful personality than he was.

It's also worth throwing in that David Tennant appeared as a member of UNIT in the Big Finish audio dramas before the new series started.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
So it is
that Peter dude
I don't know the guy/who this guy is but to be fair I didn't really know Matt either. Knew Tennant though :monster: I loved David and Matt ended up growing on me/I really loved him by the end so this guy has a tall order :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The bits about him being one of the first people to congratulate Matt after The Eleventh Hour, and writing that letter about a 25th anniversary when he was 15 made my day. I'm SO glad he's older and I really can't wait to see him become The Doctor.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, I'm not familiar with
Peter Capaldi's
work either outside of
when he was in Fires of Pompeii :monster:
, so I guess we'll get to know him together. :)

How old is he again? He's definitely got some very smooth skin. is it bad that this is the first thing I noticed?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh, I almost forgot. Steven Moffat totally burned Hellen Mirren in his interview. I laughed so hard. That was pretty great. :monster:

Top Bottom