Doctor Who!!~

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
(do we really need to spoiler tag i mean surely this is all over the net but anyways)

Been watching clips of
Capaldi in The Thick of It and Skins and oh my god I can't wait, I think he's going to be superb and I hope he brings some sass and general grumpiness to the role. Really pumped to have an older doctor, too, and lol @ all the people who are upset just because 'he's not young/cute enough to ship with clara anymore'.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I just loved that the one thing Jenna said is that she wants the new Doctor to be Clara's best friend, and I think that he is perfect for that.

Announcement video for anyone who missed it:

Fun Fact: Peter is 55, which is the same age that William Hartnell was when Doctor Who started.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
(do we really need to spoiler tag i mean surely this is all over the net but anyways)

Been watching clips of
Capaldi in The Thick of It and Skins and oh my god I can't wait, I think he's going to be superb and I hope he brings some sass and general grumpiness to the role. Really pumped to have an older doctor, too, and lol @ all the people who are upset just because 'he's not young/cute enough to ship with clara anymore'.

I'm not allowed to ship them? :sadpanda:

:awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I lol at the ones who cant do that shipping shit no more. The new guy looks okay, even though he's kinda old, I'm sorta okay that they're bringing him back to basics: To make him actually wise through the years.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Uhh... since when can we not do the shipping thing because of his age? Do you know anything about internet fandoms? :monster: People will ship it.

People have shipped far worse. :P

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I'm not allowed to ship them? :sadpanda:

:awesome:

No no, ship them all you like, it's just some people who shipped elevenxclara really hard feel like they can't do it any more because Twelve is 'old'.

Never mind the fact that the Doctor is, what, over 1200 years old ANYWAYS regardless of what he looks like?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I was absolutely prepared for it to be someone I didn't recognise... but (this is sad) I recognised the hands. Well done to the bookies for getting it right for once! :D

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I haven't watched Doctor Who in years - not since David Tennant's first series as the Doctor, I think - but I will definitely check it out now that Peter Capaldi has taken the role. I know that most people have never seen him act, but take it from me, as someone who has: he is absolutely brilliant.

I think it's an inspired choice. It will change the nature of the show, definitely, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It might become a bit more serious, with an older target audience, but that sounds great to me. The reason I haven't watched it in years, despite really enjoying it with Christopher Ecclestone, was that I felt it was a bit childish and in constant danger of slipping into fanservice. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Capaldi does now.

Plus, this is going to lead to some great Doctor Who / Thick of It mashups. Fuckity-bye!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Unfortunately, my attempts to rip from my Neverwhere DVD have had problems with audio. I'm going to keep trying, though. :)

As an aside, I knew Capaldi was in World War Z, but I've just read he played a doctor for the World Health Organisation. :awesome:

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
It's worth pointing out that not only was Capaldi in "The Fires of Pompeii" (along with Karen Gillan, no less), but he was also in Children of Earth as John Frobisher.

Good choice.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Speaking of which:

544785_635117509854489_159824663_n.jpg

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA

BQ2YQK6CIAMtvFn.jpg

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No no, ship them all you like, it's just some people who shipped elevenxclara really hard feel like they can't do it any more because Twelve is 'old'.

Never mind the fact that the Doctor is, what, over 1200 years old ANYWAYS regardless of what he looks like?

That's why I don't ship him with anyone who doesn't have a few hundred on them minimum.

So far, that's pretty much left him Romana and other Time Ladies.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
That's why I don't ship him with anyone who doesn't have a few hundred on them minimum.

So far, that's pretty much left him Romana and other Time Ladies.

When it comes to shipping The Doctor, (though I really don't ship him with anyone), I really see his relationships as the same thing that I see with the idea of other immortals, like Vampires. In the case of Rose, she gets a version of him that ages like she does. The Rose x Ten!Two is the equivalent of the immortal giving up their powers to live with a mortal, but in this case it's also a clone. While I see him often being interested an occasionally infatuated with other Companions, I don't think that he honestly sees himself as someone who settles down or has "a certain someone" because he's too dynamic to have any long-term romantic relationship with a human.

Hundreds of years of age, regenerations, and everything that he's been through with that puts him as a very lone creature in the universe as it stands, so while the nature of his relationship with his companions might change in the degree of how romantic it is or isn't, I always think that he loves humans because they burn so brightly and so briefly, and they make him better and brighter (more on why he doesn't/shouldn't travel alone). It's the reason that he puts a lot into his relationship with River, despite it being so strange and difficult (the opposite of his companions) because she understands things that his companions don't, and she's like him in the very same ways that they're not.

As for 11/Clara, I think that she is genuinely rather infatuated with him in a slightly romantic sort of way, and he probably cares for her a bit that way, especially after the long period of solitude and not (really) having River around anymore. However, I think that when she dove through his Timestream and scattered herself all across his life to undo the damage that The Great Intelligence attempted to cause, that it's going to change how they interact, the same way that he changed as soon as he was able to figure out for sure that she wasn't a trap. I think that that "mysterious unknown" that she was attracted to is going to exit with Eleven, and that as Twelve, it'll feel like the two of them are best of friends discovering new things together, since they know each other so well, but that the element of romance is going to shift into a close, platonic friendship.

(I wrote a lot more about this than I intended to).

On a sorta unrelated note, I'm interested to see how John Hurt's Doctor and Twelve fit into this: http://xsoldier.tumblr.com/post/57400697032/tempus-aeterna-shh-im-wondering

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Oh, didn't realise that. However, see this.

Yeah, I'm still of the opinion that John Hurt's character is a Regeneration between 8 & 9 who doesn't refer to himself as "The Doctor" so that 9, 10, 11, & 12 are still the proper "n(th) Doctor" but would be "The Doctor's n+1(th) Regeneration." That's clear enough to me from the way that 11 knows him when meeting him in The Name of The Doctor (which he wouldn't for a post-11 regeneration), and the way he refers to him is what gave me the aforementioned idea.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
FIRST SNEAK PEAK AND DOCTOR NUMBER TWELVE

Except not really but still. :awesomonster:

dude wut

If AuronxRikku exists, then TwelvexClara can exist.

I can't believe I forgot the obvious mention of Yuffentine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom