Doctor Who!!~

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Hurt's definitely a great actor, but Capaldi will be great too. Anyone who doubts that just needs to compare his characters in, say, Children of Earth and The Thick of It. He's got amazing range as an actor.
Or just Neverwhere. :awesome: His character in that - the original portrayal of the Angel Islington, recently played on radio by Benedict Cumberbatch - has pretty wide range.

EDIT
--Forgot to say, the current DWM has some last minute before going to print interviews regarding Capaldi, along with a letter he sent them to publish to say thank you to the fans. I'll get some of it typed up ASAP.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah he was really good in Neverwhere, too.

1234542_10153199971975192_759669421_n.jpg

I don't think I would have ever figured it out without the caption.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I've seen that picture a million times, and I always thought that it WAS supposed to be a Dalek. :sadpanda:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Too tired to type out extracts from the magazine tonight, I'm afraid, but I have found a picture of Peter Capaldi's letter to DWM:

Further extracts, and image found, here.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
idk

But I suppose if it makes you feel better this trailer has David Tennant and Peter Capaldi in it...

...for other completely unrelated reasons.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Oh, I was hoping the two were appearing in a series with Cumberbatch but I guess that was too much to hope :sadpanda:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
One of the best scenes of the whole show:

1239664_711910985491484_1387170040_n.jpg

If you need me, I'll be sobbing miserably in the corner.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I literally cheered at that part. I was so happy when The Doctor called Donna's mom out on her shit. It was a very satisfying moment.

Oh, I was hoping the two were appearing in a series with Cumberbatch but I guess that was too much to hope :sadpanda:

haha, I suppose. That would be quite the epic team-up.

Of course they are. They're giving us the episode in November!!!

Trololololololo~

:awesomonster:

We need a trollmonster smiley...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Goodness me, John Hurt seems like a rather adorable old man.

It's your 50th year in the business and you are about to appear as the Doctor in the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. Both of you have had lots of reinventions. Is there a neat link there?

I'd never thought of that, but let's use it! Oh yes, there's a huge link definitely. But I had no idea that Doctor Who had got so huge; I just thought, "Brilliant, I'll be a Doctor!" I was suddenly – what do they call it? You start "trending". This is all new to me!

Is it a relief you can talk about your role, now that the costume designer let slip to the Prince of Wales that you play a "dark Doctor"?

Of course you have to remember that the Doctors are all one person, so I'm not outside of that. I can't talk about it, but I will say I was really impressed when I did it. Both the previous doctors – Matt Smith and David Tennant – boy, are they good at it. Whoa-wee! They are so quick, and there's a huge amount of learning and no time to learn it in. All that fake scientific nonsense. Terribly difficult to learn.

Have you met the Whovians?

I've done a couple of conferences where you sit and sign autographs for people and then you have photographs taken with them and a lot of them all dressed up in alien suits or Doctor Who whatevers. I was terrified of doing it because I thought they'd all be loonies, but they are absolutely, totally charming as anything. It's great fun. I'm not saying it's the healthiest thing – I don't know whether it is or isn't – but they are very charming.

Full article

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Photos from filming the Christmas special.

The wig looks good, and Clara's outfit is adorable.

But this is it, the end of Matt.

I don't know what these feelings are that I'm feeling...

And holy what the TARDIS looks a lot brighter than usual. Maybe it's a new TARDIS. New TARDIS for a new Doctor?

I'll be going now...

tumblr_inline_mr0os2uhZa1qz4rgp.gif

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I SPY A BAD WOLF SIGN

mpython_heeee.gif

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
omg-too-much.gif

omg finally 50th Anniversary stuff

tumblr_inline_ms7bt06eIV1qz4rgp.gif

but wtf did they do to David's hair?

tumblr_inline_mn5r2y08pM1qz4rgp.gif

Who cares, though, I'm so excited for this team up.

tumblr_inline_mrkyqzwlQq1qc9lhz.gif

There are not enough gifs on Tumblr to be able to accurately portray my happiness.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
A really well cut together little fan trailer:

Another Doctor Who Fan-Made Video: CAUTION, because ***ALL THE FEELS***

seriously. all of them.

100% of them.

[/spoiler]

X :neo:

Top Bottom