E3 2019 Full Trailer with TIFA!

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Obsession with tits (whichever side of the 'debate' people are on being irrelevant) should never be surprising, but I have to say, I really didn't expect the degree of "bust-or-BUST" fixation going on around the RM. At the risk of sounding like a pretentious doof, I find it...disheartening. Thankfully not so much here, but on other sites I've literally seen people emulating the hardline, single-issue "Voice Actors have changed, I shall boycott the game" stance--only, in this case, in response to a perceived failure to recreate Tifa's boobs as players have come to perceive them through earlier depictions. Spoken of as if the size and shape of said fictional character's mammary glands are a crucial aspect of her character which, even in reference to someone who ISN'T REAL, still ends up feeling misogynist to me. I just can't help but think...."This?? THIS is what you are zeroing in on as far as new avenues the RM may take?". So, not alterations of character personalities, their relationships with each other, significant changes to the pacing and format of plot elements--some of which we already know about, such as Sephiroth making visual (though hallucinatory) appearances in Midgar? No...the boobs. I mean, would Cloud really have worried about keeping a promise to someone with LESS than Double-Ds?? I think not.

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
Obsession with tits (whichever side of the 'debate' people are on being irrelevant) should never be surprising, but I have to say, I really didn't expect the degree of "bust-or-BUST" fixation going on around the RM. At the risk of sounding like a pretentious doof, I find it...disheartening. Thankfully not so much here, but on other sites I've literally seen people emulating the hardline, single-issue "Voice Actors have changed, I shall boycott the game" stance--only, in this case, in response to a perceived failure to recreate Tifa's boobs as players have come to perceive them through earlier depictions. Spoken of as if the size and shape of said fictional character's mammary glands are a crucial aspect of her character which, even in reference to someone who ISN'T REAL, still ends up feeling misogynist to me. I just can't help but think...."This?? THIS is what you are zeroing in on as far as new avenues the RM may take?". So, not alterations of character personalities, their relationships with each other, significant changes to the pacing and format of plot elements--some of which we already know about, such as Sephiroth making visual (though hallucinatory) appearances in Midgar? No...the boobs. I mean, would Cloud really have worried about keeping a promise to someone with LESS than Double-Ds?? I think not.
I guess people just really love Tifa, so they go a little crazy over her...

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I mean, I love Tifa too! I just feel like she's so much more than her boobs, and when the overwhelming majority of chatter relates to that one specific quality alone, it feels like a disservice of sorts to the character, design team, and game overall. Personally, I feel like there are certain components to design where what you want is for something less important to not distract from elements that ARE more significant. So--giving her the cartoonish, watermelon-tits she had in some of the OG's FMV only in modern, hyper-realistic graphical style would be majorly distracting. Making the character completely flat-chested (not sure why that would happen, but just offering the opposite) would be equally distracting and unnecessary. So--portraying her as an athletic girl wearing a sports bra, resulting in something more akin to an 'above-average' bust size (I really don't want to get into speculating actual measurements, the type of dweeb-gamer stereotype that needs no more encouragement) seems like a perfect down-the-middle, without being a distraction either way.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Random aside, but looking at the air buster fight again, I kept wondering how Cloud can fall from such great distance and not get more than a few scrapes and bruises. I mean sure, Jenova and Mako. But maybe for a bit less suspension of disbelief, I had a thought upon looking at the airbuster....what if when it explodes, cloud grabs on the hover portion and "rides" it down to the slums?
That sounds like the perfect chance for a reskin of the snowboarding minigame.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Maybe SE could also get real by showing us how Tifa, Aerith and Yuffie deal with their periods while travelling round the world wild camping and fighting Sephiroth.

Maybe that’s why in the Ultimania the whole game takes place over the course of a few weeks. Like, bruh, pretty sure I used more than 12 tents but at least we don’t have to worry about menstrual product inventory management.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I THINK it was a woman on the toilet, as I remember...of course, the combination of Lego-characters with fogged memory doesn't always make for the most reliable, but what I remember is:
Woman on toilet, who apparently would've just camped up in there forever w/o strangers intervening (and probably had too mucha the diner's Korean BBQ)
Man with headband (semi-recurring NPC model...guy who jerks it to Sctr 7 Pillar??) doing the "gotta pee dance".

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I know it goes without saying, but don't read the comments. The backlash was disheartening.
God, I always make the mistake of clicking that "show comments" button. It's literally like busting out your crowbar, prying off the manhole cover, and descending into the sewers. It's nice enough on the surface, so why do I want to go down there?? Is it cos I'm still looking for the Ninja Turtles, since age 4? I dunno.

"Hi. I'm Sharmila Hernandez. Performing in Loveless six nights a week can really take it out of a girl, and when I'm on the stage the last thing I want to worry about is - feminine hygeine. That's why I rely on Shinpax. Specially formulated with Stop materia, Shinpax means I don't need to flow when I'm on the go. Full control - it's every girl's dream. So try Shinpax, for peace of mind. Brought to you with love from the Shinra Family of Companies."

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Now I'm just thinking about birth, sex, birth control etc in the world of FFVII...since, as is often brought up, these character's aren't technically "Human" (or "Homo Sapien", whatever), we just presume their reproductive cycle is the same as ours. And...now that I think about it...is Ifalna and Aeris (via flashbacks) one of the only times in ANY FF where we actually deal with a child being born, a couple deciding to have a child, it being raised as a baby, etc etc? Odd thing to note, I know, but while there's always plenty of children around, I feel like 'HAVING' children isn't something that ever really comes up. It's always a 'cut-ahead', like Red XIII and his mystery cubs
EDIT: [And since Aeris died, the Cetra are officially wiped out, right? I never actually considered that, either...]

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Now I'm just thinking about birth, sex, birth control etc in the world of FFVII...since, as is often brought up, these character's aren't technically "Human" (or "Homo Sapien", whatever), we just presume their reproductive cycle is the same as ours. And...now that I think about it...is Ifalna and Aeris (via flashbacks) one of the only times in ANY FF where we actually deal with a child being born, a couple deciding to have a child, it being raised as a baby, etc etc? Odd thing to note, I know, but while there's always plenty of children around, I feel like 'HAVING' children isn't something that ever really comes up. It's always a 'cut-ahead', like Red XIII and his mystery cubs
EDIT: [And since Aeris died, the Cetra are officially wiped out, right? I never actually considered that, either...]
With the pregnant character having no belly and wearing a corset, but whatever.
Ok, I'll see myself out.

Skeptic, I think I may be misunderstanding you. Lots of people in FF worlds have children, and sometimes we see those children as children and sometimes we see them as adults. However, what we don't often see, I think, is a character as both child and adult. I think we can just take it as read that if people have children, then they decided to have children, or at least they decided to engage in the act which biologically often leads to the production of children.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
I thought Materia are for military-use only, but maybe I remember it wrong...
Is there any confirmation they were fabricated in different sizes? It would make sense, because not every armor or weaponry has the space for hand-sized marbles.

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
You can buy Materia in every small village in the middle of nowhere, children play with it, old folks give it up to you for favors... You can find it laying on the ground in random places...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ite

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Yes, I'm sure there exists a huge black market for Materia alone, but except for healing Materia, the rest are used for combat, sooo...

Last edited:
Top Bottom