• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2019 Full Trailer with TIFA!

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I know some will disagree, but couldn't we have gotten this Tifa for the Remake? Her outfit is perfectly translated from the original design.
No one else's outfit is perfectly translated in the Remake so I personally see no reason to single out Tifa's. Especially since I think Aerith's or Barret's are arguably bigger changes, and I like them all.

For Tifa's design specifically, I much prefer her Remake skirt. The original one in modern graphics just seems either oddly restrictive or impossibly flexible for the material its made out of. But I don't wear skirts, so maybe I'm out to lunch on this point.

Solordinn

Lv. 25 Adventurer
i don't mind a little jiggle physics when it is realistically portrayed, i just don't want this..
tumblr_mg1gtiojuz1rpvx7lo7_250.gif

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's so weird to me that that's always the gif that is posited as the "real" Tifa, when it is such a terribly composed scene. It seems like she's gonna go over the railing on the Highwind and suddenly she's in the middle of the deck? So you get that one really shitty scene versus the way she looked for 95% of the game. At least the endgame FMV is composed in a way that makes sense.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer

Still trying to remember how to breathe...

But dang, Tifa is PERFECT!

View attachment 3425
She isn't as visually stunning as Aeris, but she is been executed perfectly. I've noticed a lot of whining on FF7 Facebook groups about her breasts but I think fail to think about the mechanics of someone fighting the way Tifa does with those giant things bouncing around. It simply wouldn't look realistic

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Boobs bounce. Get over it. You could complain about the size in that scene, but I don't see anything wrong with how much they bounce there.

Boobs bounce but they don’t bounce as if each has their own mind trying to pull themselves away from Tifa’s chest.

The problem isn’t even that the boobs bounce or that they are big. The people “complaining” aren’t a bunch of 40-year-old parents worried about the media their kids consume. The problem is that this scene is another bulletpoint in the long history of unequal objectification of women in the industry. Show me the equivalent scene of Cloud falling over with his hands in his hair and dong bouncing about.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Wait people weren't confused by the scene? I have never been able to follow what actually happens to her. She's falling all dramatically, like I said seemingly near the railing. She probably only tips like 20 degrees or so, then for some reason it suddenly cuts to her nearly horizontal in the middle of the deck nowhere near the railing, falling really slowly with Barret suddenly standing there.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Wait people weren't confused by the scene? I have never been able to follow what actually happens to her. She's falling all dramatically, like I said seemingly near the railing. She probably only tips like 20 degrees or so, then for some reason it suddenly cuts to her nearly horizontal in the middle of the deck nowhere near the railing, falling really slowly with Barret suddenly standing there.
I mean, the angle she's falling appears to be parallel to the railing anyway, especially when the camera zooms up under her right at the end of the GIF. For me the composition doesn't become weird until the moment Barret comes into view and it's revealed that Tifa fell perpendicular to the railing -- but at that point she's clearly so far away from it there was still never a concern about her going over the railing.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
No one else's outfit is perfectly translated in the Remake so I personally see no reason to single out Tifa's. Especially since I think Aerith's or Barret's are arguably bigger changes, and I like them all.

For Tifa's design specifically, I much prefer her Remake skirt. The original one in modern graphics just seems either oddly restrictive or impossibly flexible for the material its made out of. But I don't wear skirts, so maybe I'm out to lunch on this point.

I disagree, as outfits are concerned, Tifa is clearly the most changed of the characters. She's dressed more like a cheerleader now, and it boggles my mind that there are people out there that can't tell the difference. I don't think modern graphics has to match real life physics 100%. I mean silly as it sounds; magic effects are coming out of her fists and legs, Barret has a gun arm, Cloud's skinny arms wields a gigantic buster sword. None of that could possibly happen for real, regardless of who the person is or what he/she wears, how can you tell me Tifa's tube miniskirt can't defy the laws of physics in the Final Fantasy VII world? Because it looks odd? It's ALL odd, and it's cool!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
It's a tube skirt, she cannot do high kicks in it without it riding up to give pantyshots (like Dissidia) or her leg clipping through. What Cloud's Buster Sword should logically weigh is not a present element in the game. The shape of Tifa's skirt certainly would be. It's hardly the same.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Roger hit the nail on the head, but I want to add that technically Tifa's skirt could defy the laws of physics but that doesn't mean it should. Your examples of magic and the buster sword are extraordinary, but a lot of the stuff around them isn't. I think it's important to keep a lot of the experience grounded, and that means carefully choosing what is and isn't fantastical.

Which made me think--I wonder if Barret has a sleeve on his arm because there's going to be a scene showing how the graft looks? Like, after a mission Cloud walks in on Barret doing gun-arm maintenance and we get to see how sketchy the results of his surgery are. That could make for a good scene.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Speaking of the Tifa trailer, I've been trying to figure out what moves she's using, just for fun. It's actually kinda tricky...I can try, though. Hopefully someone experienced out there can step in and correct me:

The first move is cool, but strange...looks like a mixture between a spinning back kick and a whirlwind kick with no real pause between them, then she spins into some kind of forward strike with her hands. Then comes something I can't catch, followed by something that looks like a charged up Shoryuken with extra spins, haha. Neat looking stuff.

The next sequence is also fun. Looks like she uses a roundhouse and steps into a southpaw stance (right foot forward), then uses a boxing one-two to the body (a jab and straight combination) followed with an uppercut to the chin. Cool. In the next scene it even looks like she starts off with an elbow strike? Not sure.

It's going to be super fun using her moves in combat. I say that even though I love turn based stuff...

Top Bottom