Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Rinoa

Stargazer
AKA
Selene, Sheila
I find it interesting that so many people use TLS' content and visit but only now are coming out of the woodwork to talk about it...

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Also as far as to comments on the front page go about Nomura not caring about the LTD, I never took it as that. I always figured he was just too afraid of upsetting one or the other by being subtle about the truth.

Same here. Unfortunately, there are some people so obsessed with a fictional pairing, that they'd disown FFVII and Square, and become a social reject (if they aren't already) if Nomura decided to announce the canon pair officially. If Cloti weren't Canon (LOL), I'd still love FF, and FFVII as a game.

Do some people really just get into FF, so they can bitch about the LT? That frightens me. Like, how some Clerith fans wouldn't play Crisis Core because it meant nothing to the LTD. So what? GOOD GAME IS GOOD.

A

Great Old One
I find it interesting that so many people use TLS' content and visit but only now are coming out of the woodwork to talk about it...
That's because it focuses on the Love Triangle. :3

Do some people really just get into FF, so they can bitch about the LT? That frightens me. Like, how some Clerith fans wouldn't play Crisis Core because it meant nothing to the LTD. So what? GOOD GAME IS GOOD.
Lol, now that's really sad... it's as if they can't bear even viewing Cloti fanart or anything related either....

Rinoa

Stargazer
AKA
Selene, Sheila
Guess I'm not trying hard enough, because I don't see how it is focusing on any "triangle". It looked like an article about newly added stuff and answers in ACC.

A

Great Old One
It's all up to interpretation, I think. I guess we'll just have to wait and see till the movie comes out...

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
It's all up to interpretation, I think. I guess we'll just have to wait and see till the movie comes out...

And when Mako announces that it was a prank.

Even if it is a joke, it's still quite obvious who Cloud's most cherished woman is. ;)

*MARLENE!*

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
To be honest, I think you've got to be one sad cookie to get fanatical and militant over a frickin' fictional pairing. There must be more constructive things people can be doing with their lives, or lack thereof (speaking from experience), than arguing over which girl a dorky blonde emo preferred at the end of a twelve year old videogame. I think it's fine to appreciate pairings (exceptforoneswithoutanycontext), but the obsession attached to some of this stuff is pretty worrying.

A

Great Old One
Actually, now that I look back to it, I don't think Mako would do something like that... Yeah...

To be honest, I think you've got to be one sad cookie to get fanatical and militant over a frickin' fictional pairing. There must be more constructive things people can be doing with their lives, or lack thereof (speaking from experience), than arguing over which girl a dorky blonde emo preferred at the end of a twelve year old videogame. I think it's fine to appreciate pairings (exceptforoneswithoutanycontext), but the obsession attached to some of this stuff is pretty worrying.
Mm, or religiously hating a pairing... that doesn't exist irl.

Nah. Nomura's just making "suggestive" comments to allure the Clerii peeps that have already given up.

In the end (i'm betting my AC dvd) it's Cloti. >_>

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Betting your AC DVD that is now rendered moot and that you'll probably never watch again? :monster:

Also yes it's Cloti. That interview is Cloti. Why do so many people see it as Clerith?

Betting your AC DVD that is now rendered moot and that you'll probably never watch again? :monster:

Hey, I actually did A LOT of errands and chores to buy that dvd. ERRANDS! CHORES! O___O

It's Cloti..that's why Nomura doesn't tell the name of this.."woman" :monster:

Plus he said something about Cloud continuing to live...and we all know what Aerith is. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Good I'm glad someone is starting to see it my way. That interview just SCREAMS "Cloti is canon!"

A

Great Old One
Yeah, lol. It looks that way - why else would Nomura be talking about the LT? I mean... he hardly talks about it. XD

Go go Cloti. :3

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well you see I think Nomura has just been too chicken to be more blunt about their intentions. I really do think that all this time he was afraid of pissing off a huge demographic and loosing a key portion of the fanbase. :/ At least that's what I've always felt. I don't think that SE realized when they made FFVII that the LTD would be such a huge deal, because really when you sit and think about the story it really wasn't that big of a deal, but the fans just made it that way.

A

Great Old One
Well you see I think Nomura has just been too chicken to be more blunt about their intentions. I really do think that all this time he was afraid of pissing off a huge demographic and loosing a key portion of the fanbase. :/ At least that's what I've always felt. I don't think that SE realized when they made FFVII that the LTD would be such a huge deal, because really when you sit and think about the story it really wasn't that big of a deal, but the fans just made it that way.
TBH though....

I kinda see how it's Clerith. I mean, 'this woman he cherishes?' If that's supposed to be speaking about Cloti, it's gramatically incorrect.

Also, what irks me is all about this sudden Aerith that's there. I mean, don't get me wrong - I love Aerith, but why so much all of a sudden? :-/ Oh well, I can't wait for the movie though...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I kind of view Aerith as this silent, holy protector that everyone reveres in a more spiritual way.

Now doesn't that sound better than her having an endless love affair with Cloud? Seriously it seems like some of the more hardcore Clerith are hurting her character more than defending it.

A

Great Old One
Lol, my thoughts exactly. And plus... she has Zack too. I really don't understand that part - Nomura wouldn't have made the scenes in CC so Zerith if it wasn't intentional, and now, all of a sudden, he comes up with this? What also really irks me, is that twenty minute ending being 'changed?' But the original was intended for Tifa to be Cloud's girlfriend.... so what now? Is this 'special woman,' Aerith than?

Ugh. Dx

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol Calm down, take a deep breath, clear your head, I think you're thinking about it too much. XD I guess I can understand how it might sound Clerith, but when compared to the context of the entire compilation I think it's pretty obvious that it's Cloti. Also Nomura could just be pulling our leg. Remember how he used to say that Namine and Kairi weren't related at all? Well that was an outright lie, considering how Namine was Kairi's Nobody. lol Maybe wanted to sound ambiguously Clerith just to mess with our heads. :)

Also you bring up a good point with CC. All of this "i won't play CC since it isn't relevant to the LTD" stuff coming from Pinkerville sounds more like, "Maybe if I don't play CC that means I won't have to acknowledge it's truths," to me.

A

Great Old One
lol Calm down, take a deep breath, clear your head, I think you're thinking about it too much. XD I guess I can understand how it might sound Clerith, but when compared to the context of the entire compilation I think it's pretty obvious that it's Cloti. Also Nomura could just be pulling our leg. Remember how he used to say that Namine and Kairi weren't related at all? Well that was an outright lie, considering how Namine was Kairi's Nobody. lol Maybe wanted to sound ambiguously Clerith just to mess with our heads. :)

Also you bring up a good point with CC. All of this "i won't play CC since it isn't relevant to the LTD" stuff coming from Pinkerville sounds more like, "Maybe if I don't play CC that means I won't have to acknowledge it's truths," to me.
Okay... um, yeah, I'm calm, sure. But what I'm trying to say is that nothing there is related to Tifa. It's all just about Aerith, and her only. The intention of that interview then? To settle the Love Triangle for once and for all, I'm guessing... yeah, you're right. We don't exactly know who this 'special woman,' is, but still. It's not like Nomura would lie about this. Come on, this is the LOVE TRIANGLE we're talking about here. And I doubt Nomura would 'lie' about changing the the twenty minute movie, which, by the way, was intentionally Cloti, as stated by an reporter... I dunno... I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, this interview has made me a bit uncomfortable and confused now.

And yeah, seriously. It's not a plague, people.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol I don't think Nomura is outright telling a lie. He's just being ambiguous per usual. It seems very obvious that Nomura is implying Cloud being paired up with this "special woman," and who else could that be but Tifa? :)

Anyway I have things to go do. I'll be back later. :)

Top Bottom