FF Newbie Plays FF7 Remake

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
Weapon upgrades, cool.

Does this mean that the buster sword doesn't become really weak a few hours into the game?

Thats right, each weapon has its own characteristics and grows through upgrades. So no, the weapons never become obsolete.

Each weapon will lean in a certain direction (i.e. balanced, defensive, offensive, battle mage, healer, speed, etc). You can also tweak the weapon by choosing certain abilities and each weapon comes with a unique weapon skill that the character can learn. It allows you to load out the characters to your own playstyle or strategy. The characters are still built in a certain way (Cloud middle of the road, Tifa speed, Aerith magic, Barret ranged/tank) but you can tweak them in a certain direction.

So, the weapons are for that rather than replacing the previous. The customisation system is cool.

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
Just as a side point, I ended up reloading Sector 7 after I found out. I'll put in spoiler tags because its a tip, I'm not revealing anything about the plot, dunno how blind to tips you want to be though:

There are optional and alternate scenes, if you don't finish the sidequests in Sector 7 you'll pretty much rule out some, similar applies throughout, so do side quests.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I wish their were more opportunities to play those tracks while doing activities besides the dart game. It would have been nice if you got some kinda ipod where you could just play the music wherever (for new game + maybe.)

Top Bottom