FFVII REMAKE COMING TO PS4 ON MARCH 3 2020

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Some very nice and clear photos of the concept art from Reddit user dividedby__.

BLB0uHI.jpg

uJbcch9.jpg

KBniw7Y.jpg

3QCIxZC.jpg

wHKtilR.jpg

4CfX1BT.jpg

2Mgs9Hg.jpg

eS9Ub5t.jpg

s3vGAli.jpg

They also shared their thoughts on the demo:
We were led in to a debriefing room where they showed some new cinematic footage of Midgar in the daytime. Just civilians and construction workers going about their life. It looks insanely lived in and fleshed out. Colourful, too. The feed gets interrupted by Jesse where she basically gives us a whole rundown of how to play the game and maneuver the battle system. We are then shown Cloud jumping off the train (from what we saw in the trailer) and are now led in to the area to play the game.

The start of the demo begins in the Mako Reactor with all the ladders and the mako below. You can climb down ladders or slide down them. The first thing I tried to do was open the menu, but it wasn’t available. You can’t jump. You can run and sprint. No summon materia, yet. But Cloud had Cure, Blizzard and Fire. Barret had Thunder, Cure and Aero. D-pad up and down to switch characters. R2 and L2 to tell another character to send out a command without switching the current character.

The first part of it was defeating grunt Shinra soldiers which were relatively easy. Also those gun things that are attached to the floor or whatever (cant remember their names). No victory fanfare. Smashed a bunch of boxes and opened a few chests. When you collect things it pops up on the screen and fades away. As you keep going, you descend to the platform below where Cloud and Barret have to place the bomb on the mako reactor. I can’t remember what he said, but Barret basically guilt trips Cloud in to placing the bomb. As Cloud places it he sees one black feather fall to the floor and then disappear. He starts to freak out like in the og. After that, its literally the same gameplay of them fighting the Sentinel from the gameplay trailer.

I have to say that my heart was racing the entire time playing this. The soundtrack is amazing. The new version of “Mako Reactor” sounds unreal. Dialogue between Cloud and Barret feels totally authentic to the original and all I can say is that being able to see the emotions on their face and hear the dynamic in their voice is incredible after playing this part of the game so many times throughout my life.

Last edited:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Press had a demo with Kitase featuring the beginning to the Bombing Mission as well, and you can parse some of that info through written pieces that have been published today. I just saw Easy Allies discuss their impressions of the Remake on stream so I'll link that when it's posted to Youtube (after I wake up lol). Ben Moore seems pretty sure he heard the fanfare during Cloud's "episodes".

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Couple minor notes from looking at the artwork. The Shinra Security Officer and Riot Trooper are designed by Tetsuya Nomura (dated July 19, 2017). The Avalanche members are designed by Roberto Ferrari, which was already known. The Shock Trooper and Elite Shock Trooper aren't signed/marked and don't look like either Nomura or Ferrari's work.

Biggs has a handgun, Wedge has a grenade launcher, and Jessie has an SMG.

We could tell from the trailer and gameplay footage, but they're definitely re-localizing a lot of stuff, at least in terms of enemy names. The Guard Scorpion has become the Scorpion Sentinel, MPs have become Security Officers, and unless I'm mistaken, Guard Hounds have become Guard Dogs.

The Riot Trooper (鎮圧兵, Chin'atsu-hei, lit. "Suppression Trooper") seems to be a new enemy type that wasn't in the original game.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
I don't think I understand you ^ ^" With normal ATB you did that - characters turn - put commands - wait - another characters turn - put commands - wait. Enemys turn - wait. You can do that too here, just make ATB bar fill up faster by atacking. You dont like it, then you just use one character all the time and either use commands with the slow-mo tactical thingy or shortcuts for more action style.
If you don't like it then that's fine, I just had impression you understood it wrong (or I got it wrong... or both of us are wrong).
Learning curve, here I come :S

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
The sole reason I'm going to pre-order the 1st Class Edition anytime now is because of wanting all the DLC, just in case it turns out to be pre-order-exclusive game content. I care zero about the play-arts figure! :(

Maybe I could sell the play-arts figure and get some of my money back that way. Unless I do sell it I might not afford to buy a PS4 as well.

EDIT: What's interesting is that I can't find any reference to the Carbuncle DLC for Japanese pre-orders. They seem to only be including it for overseas.
If you, or anyone else for that matter, is serious about selling the Hardy Daytona & Cloud. I'm willing to buy seeing as I can't secure it for myself due to living in Australia. Can you give me a PM or something to discuss please?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Not a big thing, but looking at that art made me realize something that's been bugging me. In a few places during the recent trailers we see an area that looks like a train station, with Jessie jumping over the rail and saying "good luck." I could not place where that area would be in the OG, but it just hit me, its the inside of this building:
md1_1.png

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
In a few places during the recent trailers we see an area that looks like a train station, with Jessie jumping over the rail and saying "good luck." I could not place where that area would be in the OG, but it just hit me, its the inside of this building:
During the Easy Allies impressions stream, they said that during the presentation the devs specifically stated that they are keeping the exact same layout for all the locations, but need to add new transition sections between areas where there weren't any in the original.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
The party banter was decent in XV but by and large the lines were recycled throughout the game with very few variations. It seems like they're attempting to make the banter more subject and scene/context specific in 7R, which can only be a good thing.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
On the subject of the Fanfare being missing, FFX was the last FF to have the fanfare cap off every fight. In XII and XIV, it's at the end of boss fights (XIV also gives it when you level up). Not sure about XIII, I don't remember hearing it at all.

Top Bottom