FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I saw some people suggesting they provide digital codes for those who have pre-ordered it through the Square Enix store at least. I don't know how feasible that would be, and it would exclude those who have ordered elsewhere, but it would be something at least.

Just saw some people asking about that, specifically, being allowed to exchange the Soldier 1st Class Edition's physical game with a digital code for those who want to take up that offer, with the figure coming whenever possible in the distant future. A bit of work, but that doesn't sound too difficult to implement, especially with what is going on. With the way things are going, no one is going to be able to get to any physical retailers for launch anyhow.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
The thing with providing codes though, is that gives people two copies of the game for the price of one. I don't see how that's a solution, really. I think if you ordered physical, you accepted the risk of it not physically arriving on release day for whatever reason.

Soldier 1st Class editions that are already paid for are a different matter I guess, but I still don't see how people are guaranteed a release day copy in any way.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The USPS is still going to operate as normal, so assuming square does release day delivery anybody who ordered from there should be fine anyway. Not much of a solution at all, is it? At least not in the US. This situation is ridiculously unprecedented, so I'm interested to see their update on Friday. There's zero reason to delay again though; the game is done, and people can at least get it digitally.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
The thing with providing codes though, is that gives people two copies of the game for the price of one.

I'm not following you. The code would replace the physical copy that would have arrived in the 1st Class bundle.

I don't see how that's a solution, really. I think if you ordered physical, you accepted the risk of it not physically arriving on release day for whatever reason.

Soldier 1st Class editions that are already paid for are a different matter I guess, but I still don't see how people are guaranteed a release day copy in any way.

These are extraordinary circumstances, so unless SE are going to offer mass refunds, it's not a big ask to offer, at the very least, a digital alternative for those who can take up that offer. People have paid a lot upfront, but if the delivery chain is about to collapse, with no idea when that could be fixed and the item eventually arriving, then offering this isn't a massive ask no?

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
The thing with providing codes though, is that gives people two copies of the game for the price of one. I don't see how that's a solution, really. I think if you ordered physical, you accepted the risk of it not physically arriving on release day for whatever reason.

This is the unfortunate fact of the matter, really. Launch day shipping is always on a best endeavours basis, and in this unfortunate circumstance it's likely that not everyone is going to get it on launch day. Everyone that ordered will get their copy eventually, as far as Square, Amazon or the like will see it, so the likelihood of them giving out digital codes is probably rather slim if you ask me.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Naw, I want my physical copy and I wouldn't exchange it for digital for any reason. If worst comes to worst, I'll just buy it twice; I'll have a digital copy and a physical one.

Tangible ownership is simply greater than cloud ownership. Knowing PSN and their server back end I do not want to worry about that and the risk of catastrophic hardware failure.

It's simply the risk of physical shipping and retail. I'm cool with it :monster:

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer
Keeping my Amazon order to see how things shake out but I went ahead and placed a secondary preorder through Square Enix store directly. May end up just keeping both and gifting the extra copy or something.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
I have the 1st Class Edition on order here, all paid up, but stuck a digital preorder down last month in a moment of madness after realising the release date fell on the Easter long weekend. I wouldn't say I expect UK shipments directly from SE Europe to be severely delayed at this point, but I'm certainly happy to be a little more vindicated from my decision.

Lex

Administrator
OK then...

UK only promotion. But it's a chance to win the game, not any DLC or anything lmao (EDIT: see update):

1584574739371.png

There's an element of "big yikes" here because of the timing with coronavirus and all the supermarket woes. But I.... want those packs. Goddammit.

UPDATE: My info was wrong, there are DLC codes. It's a lottery:

http://www.winwithbatchelors.co.uk/

1584575113448.png

A week long trip to Japan for two? I wonder if that'll go ahead and/ or include Square Enix type stuff.

Last edited:

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm not following you. The code would replace the physical copy that would have arrived in the 1st Class bundle.

These are extraordinary circumstances, so unless SE are going to offer mass refunds, it's not a big ask to offer, at the very least, a digital alternative for those who can take up that offer. People have paid a lot upfront, but if the delivery chain is about to collapse, with no idea when that could be fixed and the item eventually arriving, then offering this isn't a massive ask no?
My understanding of the digital codes ask was that the digital codes would be sent out to let people play on launch day, and then they would eventually receive the physical copy they ordered in addition. If the digital copy replaces the physical then there's less of a problem, but you'd definitely need to get every customer to consent to that because some might not want a digital even if it means waiting, or have already paid for a digital copy.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
OK then...

UK only promotion. But it's a chance to win the game, not any DLC or anything lmao (EDIT: see update):

View attachment 5110

There's an element of "big yikes" here because of the timing with coronavirus and all the supermarket woes. But I.... want those packs. Goddammit.

UPDATE: My info was wrong, there are DLC codes. It's a lottery:

http://www.winwithbatchelors.co.uk/

A week long trip to Japan for two? I wonder if that'll go ahead and/ or include Square Enix type stuff.

I went looking in Morrisons today for these and all I found was a lack of pasta and bog roll. Profound sadness.

Lex

Administrator
This actually couldn't have come at a worse time. People are panic buying pasta here including these - which for the uninitiated, taste fucking horrific. I would avoid them at all costs normally.

Now I need to look for a shop actually selling them during a pandemic where we're meant to limit that kind of thing, buy pasta that's utterly disgusting and perhaps do so repeatedly to get all the codes. And even when I find them, it will look like I'm panic buying pasta and people will judge me! Everything is terrible lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo

I will not actively seek these out in shops. I will casually check when I happen to be in the shops for other reasons (as in, necessity). Argh.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I was responding to the general idea of SE giving codes that I thought Odysseus was referring to (sorry if I was wrong!), rather than specifically responding to Claymore. So I think we're talking past each other. My bad!
I was specifically talking about square giving codes to people who pre ordered on the SE store. That would be on top of the physical copy, not an exchange.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I was specifically talking about square giving codes to people who pre ordered on the SE store. That would be on top of the physical copy, not an exchange.
I doubt they ever would go for that. First off, it sounds like a logistics nightmare, with less than a month to go. Second, it would be far too easy for people to use that as an opportunity to get two copies of the game, many of which would go to friends/get resold/etc. SE doesn't strike me as a company that likes to miss out on potential sales.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I doubt they ever would go for that. First off, it sounds like a logistics nightmare, with less than a month to go. Second, it would be far too easy for people to use that as an opportunity to get two copies of the game, many of which would go to friends/get resold/etc. SE doesn't strike me as a company that likes to miss out on potential sales.
Yeah I'll admit, it was just wishful thinking.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
They are for the Final Fantasy Trading Card Game which includes FF things across the series. That FFVII starter pack was released years ago shortly after the first reveal of Avalanche. It features these cards. A year ago another FFVII starter pack was released but the only new Remake card at that point was this one.

I expect they'll start introducing more Remake cards over the next few sets (Edit: They will do).

Last edited:
Top Bottom