FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I understand that Square probably wouldn't want to shine a spotlight (or a sun lamp) on this mistake, but I wonder what the chances are that they fixed the plate misalignment, when looking up at the plates from the slums, in the ps5 version.

Was just combing through the available footage to get an answer on this. Most important question here folks.

It appears the error remains. During the photo mode segment of the PS5 feature trailer, there's a clip of Cloud and Aerith on the slum rooftops. I quickly played the PS4 version to that point and can confirm the skybox is identical. Meaning, the incorrect Sector 6 plate is still overhead.

As I speculated earlier, I think this inconsistency is fully intentional to give the lighting a more natural source.

(Wish I could include a screenshot here. Anyone else having issues adding images to posts?)

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think what makes it so weird and fuels my preoccupation with it is the fact that it was correct in earlier trailers and then changed at some point. So what happened~~~
200.gif

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I think what makes it so weird and fuels my preoccupation with it is the fact that it was correct in earlier trailers and then changed at some point. So what happened~~~
200.gif
I'm pretty sure it's related to the atomic explosion caused by the death of time-travelling ghosts. It caused ripples of distortion, affecting the past in ways unimaginable.

The secret Shinra won't tell you is that the upper plate can actually spin. This clears up all continuity errors I assure you.
This means that when the Sister Ray is installed on Midgar it can already be easily rotated to adjust the aim! This way it's easier to explain how the Sister Ray shot reaches the Northern Crater barrier.

OMG THIS REALLY DOES SOLVE EVERYTHING

Mr. Dolphin

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The secret Shinra won't tell you is that the upper plate can actually spin. This clears up all continuity errors I assure you.

This means that when the Sister Ray is installed on Midgar it can already be easily rotated to adjust the aim! This way it's easier to explain how the Sister Ray shot reaches the Northern Crater barrier.

OMG THIS REALLY DOES SOLVE EVERYTHING

If Midgar is shaped like a pizza and spinning (tossing) pizza dough is a thing...I mean this solution works on every level, haha

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Always been the case, it's because of age verification. The German store doesn't offer free content for anything rated 16+ so initially there was no demo at all for Germany and then they compromised by asking a small fee

edit: I see somebody mentioned the DOOM demo (rated 18) being available in the German store and I just confirmed that, so that's weird O.o

Last edited:
Top Bottom