• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Novus

Pro Adventurer
It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

By this I mean which parts are preserved and which parts are discarded.

To get the greatest preservation, I actually thought the game would work better as a VR experience from Cloud's perspective because otherwise a lot of things will look bizzare. The dolphin pic from a few pages back sums up my thoughts.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
I haven't been so hyped up since the Mega Man reveal for Smash 4!

I got teary eyes when I saw this on the stream, after so many years of knowing the lore, the setting, the characters... it's as if we were talking about the return of an old friend. I remember myself watching my uncle play, making "strategies" with him on the go and suggesting "ideas" so he could beat X or Y boss, that was 15 or 16 years ago, I barely remember it! Right now I'm not even that worried about the possible changes, I just want to play this and feel that same excitement I felt when I was a kid.

Also, I've never been one to pay too much attention to graphics but WOW, Midgar looks absolutely stunning.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Amazing. After all this time...

Funny thing, though. I came to the forum to ask what the hell the voiceover in the trailer was talking about, but there on the front page of TLS was the explanation. :P

I am just hoping the team working on the game is in the mindset of capturing the magic of the original, and paying homage to it, rather than wanting to morph it into something else. Regardless, super hyped!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Shademp is online, I repeat Shademp is online. I will not go to bed until I see his reaction.

Novus

Pro Adventurer
I already know what Cloud's mom looks like - in my own imagination. I don't need SE to show me every wrinkle and pore.

I can't be the only one who doesn't want this remake. It's going to be a disappointment, no matter how good it is, because even with the best graphics in the world they cannot recreate the thrill of playing this game for the first time. People who think they will feel again what they felt before are in for a big let down.

I must admit I'm quite excited to see Midgar and all the other locations in detail. The trailer was amazing for that. But I really hate the idea of knowing exactly what somebody like the Sector 7 station guard looks like. I want room left for my own imagination.

I'd have been happy with a Midgar Grand Prix racing game.

I am just hoping the team working on the game is in the mindset of capturing the magic of the original, and paying homage to it, rather than wanting to morph it into something else. Regardless, super hyped!

I think it will be the original game, plus the compiliation. In many ways this is actually better because then you can detach the original game from the compiliation and then everyone is happy.
The original creative intentions of the 1997 game are preserved whilst the retcons and reinterpretations can exist simultaneously in the 2017 (I'm guessing) game.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
I just woke up and BOOM. HERE IT WAS ON THE FRONT PAGE - THE REMAKE. omg omg OMG. Is this for real???????

:cactuardance:

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
No wait this one, it's from a dude who was actually at E3 so you can hear the whole crowd's reaction

OK no seriously bed now, lots of work to be done on TLS tomorrow XD

That video made me actually cry. I can't believe this is happening!!!!!!

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
*Cries*

I ... I have no words. I woke up and my facebook was flooded so I ran right here! I can't believe it's happening! That teaser was beautiful! :excited:

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I think it will be the original game, plus the compiliation. In many ways this is actually better because then you can detach the original game from the compiliation and then everyone is happy.
The original creative intentions of the 1997 game are preserved whilst the retcons and reinterpretations can exist simultaneously in the 2017 (I'm guessing) game.

I am okay with that, so long as they keep the narrative coherent. There is a lot of amorphous stuff in the compilation. If they include compilation material, I hope they mostly sprinkle it in to enhance certain things, while keeping close to the original story.

Also, maybe the remake will finally kill the love triangle debate! /ducks

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Also, maybe the remake will finally kill the love triangle debate! /ducks

lol they could have Cloud marry Tifa in the ending and it still wouldn't end the love triangle debate :monster:

also welcome back to those of you who haven't posted in awhile :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Looking at the footage again, I see some of the Crisis Core sword in there. But at some point Cloud popped the gold embroidery off of it. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
They could make Aerith a hillbilly bumpkin with a speech impediment. Then "this guy are sick" might actually work XD

(I can't sleep either)

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Well, if they do voice acting, they could just have Cloud react. "What?" and then she could pass it off as misspeaking or something xD

Top Bottom