FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Lex

Administrator
For those who weren't here, this thread originally had a different title (which read something like: more FFVII remake rumours). It was started before the announcement, then we decided to make it the official remake thread since the first couple of pages are so funny in retrospect :monster:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I saw that Persona 5 Royal is releasing a week early in Australia, likely due to COVID-19 concerns. I understand that there's a lot of marketing and distribution issues, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if FF7R releases early in some or all regions. I don't believe the game will be delayed again as its already gone gold. I just think the business departments are probably calculating how to ensure the game reaches the most amount of people possible, and releasing early during a pandemic may be something they're investigating.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I saw that Persona 5 Royal is releasing a week early in Australia, likely due to COVID-19 concerns. I understand that there's a lot of marketing and distribution issues, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if FF7R releases early in some or all regions. I don't believe the game will be delayed again as its already gone gold. I just think the business departments are probably calculating how to ensure the game reaches the most amount of people possible, and releasing early during a pandemic may be something they're investigating.
It makes sense; what better time to get people to buy your game than during a time wherein they have to stay inside?

Oooh boy, that would make me sooo happy.

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer
Huh, they are certainly changing Aerith big time for this Remake.

So Aerith unwillingly played a hand in the rise of Shinra or at the very least in their discovery of sites for Mako Reactors across the planet. Also, her drawings led to the creation of the Sephiroth clones as those sent out on these reconnaissance expeditions by and large suffered from Mako Poisoning and were brought back to Midgar for 'treatment and care' under the supervision of Dr. Hojo.

Finally it seems based on that one incident from her childhood, these clones are aware of Aerith's role in their fates and blame her.

Edit:
Random thought, maybe this is how they'll handle differently Cloud attacking Aerith? Rather than Sephiroth taking control of him, Cloud's shared state as the other clones allows their emotions and hatred towards her to overwhelm and overtake him?

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Not quite.

Aerith didn't lead to their creation. It was merely a consequence of readily available Mako poisoned victims.

One thing that is apparent is that the writers are vastly expanding the role, importance and numbers of Sephiroth Copies in FFVII-R.

For one, the pool of Sephiroth Copies no longer is limited to the survivors of the Nibelheim Incident. This new novella confirms this, but it was hinted at way back in Final Fantasy VII: The Kids Are Alright novel.

This is from the book.

The Shinra Company had conducted various experiments on Jenova, the fabled entity that had descended from space. In many cases, the experiments were haphazard procedures that involved injecting Jenova cells or tissue into human bodies by various means. The company had never been aware of the full scope of the experiments, and the details of the work had been lost along with Dr. Hojo, the scientist how had conducted the research - largely without oversight.

Clearly the shambling people the hotel owner had seen were the result of these tests, but there was no way of knowing now what procedures they had undergone. One detail, however, was known to a select few: a phenomenon known as the Reunion. Those implanted with Jenova cells, directly from the source or indirectly from Sephiroth, were drawn to the Northern Cave as if something was calling them home.

Emphasis mine.

This passage coyly alludes to the fact that there were possibly more Sephiroth Copies than we knew about, and even throws in several curve balls in their creation. Not only were Sephiroth Copies made with Jenova cells, but also literal bits of it's tissue. And it all but confirms that the Sephiroth Copies do have a unique aspect to them. They carry S-Cell type Jenova cells. Meaning, they're Sephiroth derived Jenova Cells.

This is the type of Jenova cells Cloud carries.

This novella now confirms that Hojo wasn't just content with making Sephiroth Copies out of the Nibelheim Incident survivors. He did it to any Mako poisoning victims he could get his hands on.

This would now explain why a Sephiroth Copy was somehow in Midgar in the OG.

This sounds like an incredible story, and I can't wait to read its full translation. Loved the backstory of Aerith's time within Shinra. Makes sense the Shinra Company would use her for that.

Random thought, maybe this is how they'll handle differently Cloud attacking Aerith? Rather than Sephiroth taking control of him, Cloud's shared state as the other clones allows their emotions and hatred towards her to overwhelm and overtake him?

Don't really see the point in that. And it would take away the impact of what the scene was about. Cloud was manipulated to hurt someone close to him at the behest of Sephiroth. It's another example of manipulation and cruelty that Sephiroth inflicts on Cloud in his goal to break him. Why diminish that?

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
So....people already got hold of some copies and are gonna post spoilers? People are great ?

Reactions: LNK

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Here we go again... oy, thought we were through this already. Guess TLS may need another warning message?

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Yeah I read on twitter about the game already being out there. It was just a warning post about it so I didn't unintentionally stumble upon anything but yes hopefully people will adhere to forum guidelines and use the spoiler place, etc if they absolutely have to divulge things :pinkmonster:

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
The only silver lining is we aren’t that far (Somehow it’s less than two weeks...? When did that happen?) from release anymore...if it means avoiding certain parts of the internet until then, I hope it’s doable.

The one guy I saw who had it early vowed not to post spoilers, but what about any others?

Last edited:

Kratos

Pro Adventurer
The guy who had the copies apparently decided against publicly posting anything because he got ripped into for being a thief by another Redditor through public posts and private messages.

Anyways, the dedicated Reddit thread hasn’t been used to post any actual spoilers. I’m a little skeptical that anybody else even has the game - or if they do, they’re too busy playing it to go spoiling it online for people. Two weeks feels like an eternity still though.

Top Bottom