FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
That was all for today?

Sadly yes. But I am hopefull that down the line we will get even more. Ngl I was disappointed with it.

Also I will keep an eye on Famitsu Magazine and see if they will give us update of Ever Crisis/FFVII: Remake Part 2 news and info/dates. So far that’s a better source that I can think of for now. I still think E3 is the most likely time to hear about Remake Part 2

Eerie

Fire and Blood
E3 is too close. Considering that their next big game will be released in May, E3 will probably be the "Spring announcement" for FFXVI. Which means a Fall release, hopefully if they follow Yoshi's words about that, so I don't really expect any news about FFVII before December at best. It's probably why Kitase didn't really want to say if they could announce anything regarding part 2, because he needs to be sure that FFXVI won't have any other delay.

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
E3 is too close. Considering that their next big game will be released in May, E3 will probably be the "Spring announcement" for FFXVI. Which means a Fall release, hopefully if they follow Yoshi's words about that, so I don't really expect any news about FFVII before December at best. It's probably why Kitase didn't really want to say if they could announce anything regarding part 2, because he needs to be sure that FFXVI won't have any other delay.

We will see what happens. It’s hard to say when we will see more news about Remake Part 2. If E3 is too close for you then Tokyo Game show is the next I can think of.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
E3 is too close. Considering that their next big game will be released in May, E3 will probably be the "Spring announcement" for FFXVI.

E3 is in June, that's generally considered a summer event (meteorological summer starts June 1st), so I think XVI will be earlier.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
E3 is in June, that's generally considered a summer event (meteorological summer starts June 1st), so I think XVI will be earlier.

I remember it being before the Summer hits, but the date is variable so yeah. But would they announce it before Forspoken is released though? Forspoken is due May 24th, that's why I think FFXVI will be announced for E3. Because right now, that's the game that's pinned at the top of SE's twitter, and there's just no way FFXVI is getting an announcement before that.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Historically, the argument that x is not gonna be shown before y is out of the way has never really been true though. There is no reason why they wouldn't show FFXVI before Forspoken releases. One thing does not interfere with the other.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
But we all anticipate a release date for FFXVI right? Then, what are they going to promote heavily as a pinned tweet? It seems logical to me that they'll wait for Forspoken which is a big release to be released before announcing FFXVI and be able to promote it heavily. Because it would clash? Although honestly, if they want FFXVI to be out in Summer, please be my guest lol. But I feel that SE wants to capitalise on those two big titles this year, which means that they have pre-release and post-release promotion to do for both, including Forspoken. Which makes me dubious for a March/April announcement for FFXVI - but again, I'll be glad if I'm wrong!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I mean, they said XVI news would be in spring. After Forspoken we'd be in June and no one really considers that to be spring, summer solstice be damned :monster:
Heck, Keighley's Summer Game Fest started in May in 2020.
There's a general period of time they want to evoke when they say spring, they're not gonna be technical about it and literally mean "the last days of calendar spring". It's gonna be somewhere within.
And I don't expect XVI to release until late this year so there'd be no clash.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Haha to me June is still Spring, May is so rainy usually here that in no way in hell would I consider it as "Summer" XD Yeah I don't expect FFXVI to be released before Fall personally, I was just talking about the promotion for both games XD

Eerie

Fire and Blood
From the Barret video:
View attachment 12152
That's the second tag on Barret's chain, not visible during normal gameplay. Not sure if anyone's posted this before

This reminds me so much of how I want a story of Barret being able to return to Marlene and take her back with him. AC/C and all the stories around it were kind of depressing in that regard - especially since he does love her so much.

TurquoiseHammer

Pro Adventurer
Is she supposed to be older or younger than 5?
She's supposed to be four years old in the OG and Remake. It was probably just an innocent oversight by the person who made the tag, picking a random date because they knew it wouldn't be visible during normal gameplay. Hence all the other typos

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay that looks fucking amazing. Wow. Really shoes the amount of detail and scale they put in making the different locations. I love it!

Reactions: Wol

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Great project. Got me thinking, from the perspective offered in the video, it appears the environments of Remake really are as detailed and expressive as the original game. However, to me, so much feels lost with the over-the-shoulder camera view. You lose a bit of the atmosphere and are more likely to notice the seams of the world unravel (looking at you low-poly Sector 5 junk piles). In other words, once again I'm seeing how the presentation of 90's RPGs had it right all along.

Last edited:

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
Great project. Got me thinking, from the perspective offered in the video, it appears the environments of Remake really are as detailed and expressive as the original game. However, to me, so much feels lost with the over-the-shoulder camera view. You lose a bit of the atmosphere and are more likely to notice the seams of the world unravel (looking at you low-poly Sector 5 junk piles). In other words, once again I'm seeing how the presentation of 90's RPGs had it right all along.

I agree on that. I often though the camera was so close to the character that I couldn't properly see the surroundings. I'd have appreciated an option to move the camera much further away.

MelodicEnigma

Pro Adventurer
To be fair, it's not quite over-the-shoulder all the time, which I associate more with the Mass Effect series that I played like crazy. It's one of the reasons it took me awhile to get use to the new God of War, where it went from that "open" feel of the original trilogy to that of the fixed, close up over the shoulder angle for the character. It's not as bad in the new GoW series as Mass Effect, and how much I like that type of camera angle depends largely on the gameplay.

FFVII R reminds me more of CC or even Dark Souls/Elden Ring, has about the same distance from the character, but IIRC it'll get closer to the character in more tight spaces? Versus in combat or in more open areas, it's a nice distance enough to really get that visual of character's full body. Sometimes I HATE how wide away it can get, DMC 4 did that a lot, or had the typical fixed camera (like you know, where it's almost more like a security camera) in a certain place and just have to watch your character go off in the distance. XD

I get it though, there's so many luscious areas in the Remake, where getting some sweet wide shots would be immersive. Games that let you have full control of zooming in and out are definitely the best. Maybe Part 2 can do it if people are vocal enough, though personally I was pretty satisfied with the Remake's angles.

Top Bottom