Final Fantasy VII G Bike Announced For Smartphones - S-E + CC2!

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Looks like v 1.5.0 is coming soon! (fingers crossed it doesn't cause any issues... I'll throw my phone out the window if I can't play and miss Barret.... I still wish I could find a way to transfer progress between devices... but kinda am screwed with Google deleting the gmail account I created to download from the JP Play Store...../end rant)

https://twitter.com/FFVII_GBIKE/status/608446819299897345

【FFVII Gバイク】<メンテナンスのお知らせ>本日13時~18時頃まで、バージョン1.5.0配信とイベント開始作業のため、メンテナンスを実施いたします。ご迷惑をおかけしますが、宜しくお願い致します。#FFVII_G

[FFVII G bike] < maintenance information > book 13:-conducts maintenance for version 1.5.0 delivery and event start work until 18: 00. But the inconvenience, thank you. #FFVII_G

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I'm pretty surprised they're creating a good number of assets just for this game, which is supposed to be relatively minor.

I mean new models being created specifically for this such as Barrett's or even Dyne's, as it's the first time we see the latter since the OG.

It may mean nothing but I find it intriguing.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
They have gone through some effort for these. I didn't expect Dyne to appear at all. But it does make me wonder who else could appear now.

Palmer, Scarlet, Heidegger, Johnny, Mukki?

Since they've done this now, maybe they won't show anything at E3. I thought they would have waited and revealed this then.

Any ideas on the next assist? I'm thinking Aeris :P

Actually, is there a Sephiroth mission? Would have thought he'd have shown up by now.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
They have gone through some effort for these. I didn't expect Dyne to appear at all. But it does make me wonder who else could appear now.

Palmer, Scarlet, Heidegger, Johnny, Mukki?

Since they've done this now, maybe they won't show anything at E3. I thought they would have waited and revealed this then.

Any ideas on the next assist? I'm thinking Aeris :P

Actually, is there a Sephiroth mission? Would have thought he'd have shown up by now.

I'm impressed by the work they put into both Barret and Dyne.

Looks like the game uses white for transparent areas (strange, I don't know why it doesn't use an alpha channel...)... Kinda makes Barret's torn vest look funny in this:
RyLEAxr.png

No Sephiroth mission.... yet. I would love more upgrades, Fenrir, AC Cloud... Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo on their bikes....etc etc

I've yet to find a site that has the 1.5.0 APK...and dealing with circumventing the region Play Store stuff is a pain in the butt.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Well I used an app called "QooApp" on my friends S4 phone, as I wanted to test if I'd lose progress... well that worked fine on the S4, so I found where QooApp downloaded the v 1.5.0 apk and transferred it to my S3 phone.

Installed fine......

And then when I hit open, the same goddamned problem from months ago happened, was returned to the homescreen.... Tapping the app's icon highlights it, but nothing more... the app is shown to be running in the background but nothing more.

:fail:

I am beyond frustrated.... I'll obviously miss out on Barret because there won't be an update for probably until after the event is over on the 15th, and even then there's no guarantee that 1.5.1 or whatever will play on my phone.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Looks like the game uses white for transparent areas (strange, I don't know why it doesn't use an alpha channel...)... Kinda makes Barret's torn vest look funny in this

Unity doesn't handle alpha channels very well apparently, they modeled everything so that it uses no transparency. Only eyelashes use it by the look of things.

The white parts are probably to represent worn out/ripped threads.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I've been frantically trying to find a way to resolve my issue... got so far as being able to transfer the data (ie. clearing all 18 chapters) to the s4 phone, but it was just "for show" and by that I mean when I clicked on it, nothing loaded...and I didn't have my gems, zeni or bike/weapon.

Attempting to resolve that "license check failed" when I sign in to G+.... no luck, because if I could fix that and login with my main account, I can then do so on the S4 get Barret and just hope that 1.5.1 or whatever works on my S3 (or by that point I'd be able to get a new phone entirely).

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I have a bunch of screenshots and such, but text should suffice...

So I used this method to create another gmail account, access the JP Play Store, and download the update proper.... After doing so, I uninstalled and reinstalled the 1.4.0 apk (as the update doesn't work on my phone regardless of it being from an APK from a site, or direct from the Play Store), and attempted to G+ sign-in... it worked, no license check fail.. soooo I exited and logged into the game on the S4 with the same account.... ok, good so far I was able to do so on both phones.

However, I didn't have any change in progress on the S4. It wasn't until I completed a mission while signed in, did I get a notice of achievement/xp via Google Games. Had my progress transferred, beyond the obvious cleared missions/weapons/bikes/etc, the achievements would have been completed.

I believe the issue is I didn't log into/out of the game on my S3 while signed-in, so it had yet to record any progress... however I cannot do this as once you attempt to start the game at "Touch Screen" you're prompted to update... and we know where updating gets me on my S3. This is rather unfortunate as after enough going back and forth, I managed to login using my phone's primary Google account (so now it is listed as one of the installed apps on my phone, something it wasn't previously, and that's without being in the JP Play Store), something that had always resulted in "license check fail" errors.

:wallbanger: :wallbanger: :wallbanger: :wallbanger::wallbanger: :wallbanger: :wallbanger: :wallbanger:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Oy. All this frustration 'cause Square is lame. Or square, if you prefer.

I've not been able to determine just what has caused this issue (I've gone so far as to install an app that shows the entire log of what the phone is doing, to try and compare what happens in 1.4.0 and 1.5.0).... but I've been doing everything under the sun to try and correct it... Backing up "lib" files as they differ from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0, and replacing the newer ones but that just causes the game to crash....well crash with an error message instead of just doing nothing.

There has to be something that's changed between versions, and if I can somehow find out what, and replace the newer ver of it after the install... maybe then it'll work? Or maybe I'm just SOL....

Also doesn't help that any android forum I've asked about this issue hasn't had a single reply (tons of views though!).

http://thelifestream.net/forums/showpost.php?p=605063&postcount=97 ?

Here's video of the Dyne fight btw:

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Well by this point I believe I've exhausted all the options I could ever think of. I found a "currentInstallation" file that had various things like a "DeviceToken", which I assumed was perhaps how the game identified that it was indeed you even without any type of login. I rooted my friend's S4, and edited all the data in any/all files I could find so it'd match up to what was on my S3.... but for whatever reason, there was absolutely no change (by now, I've no idea what the state of the progress is on my S3 after all the fiddling around I've done... but I'll find out if and/or when the next version is released and IF it runs on my S3). :'(

I wasn't willing to give up... I had hoped there was SOME way to load up the progress on another device....

http://ff7-gbike.com/matome104/ & http://ff7-gbike.com/matome123/ mention the user ID (something I forgot about), and not being able to transfer due to that....

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Shit, this sucks. Square really just needs to stop with this region-exclusive bullshit.

"Hey, guys, I know how we can make more money! Lock out half the people who want to play our games!"

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I've even tried this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1659231 to increase my S3's RAM (not that should be the issue, but I've been literally trying EVERYTHING)..... no dice.

What sucks more though is, I can't use any payment for the S4 on my secondary JP account... Google's fraud detection blocks it (credit card, PayPal, etc).... so my attempts to get gems for a strong weapon or just to have gems to resume after intermediate hard level Dyne kills my low-level bike HP.... well they're out the window (if only to gain Barret as a support and take video, since there's yet to be any). :wallbanger:

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Was given the suggestion that the game refuses to run due to custom rom....

I'm about to install CM on the S4, to see if the game no longer loads then. If that's the case, then I'll switch to TW on my S3 and hope that the game works afterwards.

Unfortunately the event ends in exactly 30min....

Given the time-frame, is there a "quick & easy" method to flash a TW rom without having to do various app data backups/nandroid backup (I will have to factory wipe, yes?), and not lose much/any data? I unfortunately don't have a high capacity SD Card (4GB, my 64GB one in the S3 stopped allowing write access a few days ago, seems to be an issue with that particular card), and 4GB isn't nearly enough to backup everything from the S3 to SD.

*edit* Well well..... 1.5.0 will not run on the CM (CyanogenMod) rom on the S4! (I wish I knew exactly what was being changed from version to version, that makes the game not work on an aftermarket rom. If it never worked from the beginning, that'd be one thing... but it's a yes/no/no/yes/no type of deal here. Shame I can't just take what works in the 1.4.0 version and compile it into the 1.5.0 ver... Or figure out what it's checking, and make it think it's a stock rom instead.)

*edit 2* Well time was very much against me, and before I did anything to my S3, I wanted to check if going back to TouchWiz on the S4 would still retain the data (as there's a possibility the game will think I'm a new user, regardless of G+ login or not)... So the 1st half of the event is over now....

Which leads me to ask, can anyone provide a better translation of http://sqex-bridge.jp/guest/information/11413 ? Google's great and all, but I'm still not entirely sure if you can only obtain Barret via the 1st half, or if you can still do so during the 2nd half?

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if you finished one of the stages in the first half of the event you will get barret to use for the last half, and if you missed it you can still get him after the event if you finish a stage during the last half

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
OK! After much worry that I bricked the S4.... I restored it to the stock Samsung/TouchWiz rom! Installed the 1.5.0 APK... and crossed everything possible, hoping the progress on the S4 would still be there....

IT WAS!!!! (though I've yet to confirm if signing into G+ and making some progress, and logging into another device with that account transfers everything.... I'd need a 3rd phone available for that....)

lheub3Z.jpg

j7d9iGA.jpg

ftxvZ3l.jpg

TFDsctL.jpg

eyW2eEw.png

S1f6fWV.jpg

So with all that working... the question is.. do I want to switch back to stock on my S3 for 1 game (that I may or may not be able to play after the next version update...and then who knows when the one after that comes) and a support character?

I'll record a video of the support in-action, if I can later on in the day.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Well crud... despite all that good news... now my S3 won't power on for more than 1-5 seconds....

*edit*... I think you guys will enjoy this.

"SON OF A B..>!!!" was my reaction to what happened. I saw a few suggestions to tap (with some force) the power button, and with not much to lose, I took my original battery and gave it a couple of good taps (not with extreme force, I don't need a dented battery!). Put the battery back in, and ....... powered through fully! For the time being I won't use the Anker battery due to needing the casing which may put slight pressure on the power button, and will just use the home button to activate the screen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom