Final Fantasy VII G Bike Announced For Smartphones - S-E + CC2!

Foxhound_Veteran

Rookie Adventurer
Hm, for some reason my FF7 G-bike decided to kick me out today. I was redirected to their homepage and thought that it was time for the regular update. I updated to v.1.6.0, however I still can not login. Any one else having problems?

Edit: Tried restarting the iPad without any difference but now later today it works again, just some random bug I guess.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Fox, I think maintenance might have still been ongoing by that point?

UP, I was hoping for another support character. The bike you can get via the boss battle is nice, but max HP doesn't go as far as the Dragon-esque bike they had via Premium Roulette. It does have 450 speed instead of the usual 400 though. Going up to level 50 is nice however... but I think it should have more HP then.

ImFHXNX.png

pD0QTte.png

http://sqex-bridge.jp/guest/information/11911

They've also added a sparkle effect that follows you if you keep your finger pressed down... I don't see why they did that (I'll capture some video later for the hell of it).

As I stated previously, given the various changes/upgrades to the game per version, I think once 2.0.0 or maybe 3.0.0....we'll hear about a release outside Japan?

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Nothing too interesting to report on the G-Bike front. There was a Behemoth recolor boss event for a few days, and there were also 2 Bio materia given out.

They're redoing the Reno event with a yellow Behemoth as well.

No indications of a big event for another support character or even more missions (still only goes up to Chapter 18).

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Saw this last night:

tXXctdoh.jpg

Got excited, thinking it was another chance to get them as support!

...no, just character avatars.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So we're up to v. 1.7.0!
L6BKZQs.jpg

Various graphical updates such as this background:
wgLKh1y.jpg

A few other changes I'll have to take video of later.

The event features Ifrit (l was hoping for something new...) and items gained can create/level-up the newest bike, the SOLDIER-F.

qU6FoeO.jpg

SBwo46U.jpg

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
One of the biggest changes in 1.7.0 is the "auto" feature.

chyVhsj.png

With it on, the game will jump and slide automatically when the up/down arrows appear. Nearby enemies will also be attacked as well.

There are more changes listed here, some which Google translate doesn't do a great job on: http://sqex-bridge.jp/guest/information/12606

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So the Ifrit event is over and a new one has started, with another bike. It's a golden re-texture of the dragon bike (I don't know it's proper name), but it doesn't have as much HP as that or the SOLDIER-F (which I only was able to level up to 24, instead of 25, and another 25 to make the max level of 50).

9ETPm4j.png

4Sz6E4p.png

Here's the interesting thing though. The boss? It's Bahamut Fury. First time (not counting the fact that they've used various model assets from CC) a Crisis Core character has appeared in the game.

MJWmqsN.png

hOYSjPo.png

There's also a new premium roulette. Two new swords, Dragon Slayer and Dark Claymore.

23MTMDC.png

Eo8S4TM.png

JPG43BS.png

bFLxfyE.png

eHHlXbj.png

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
*Whistles impressively twice* The new dragon bike and the new swords both look absolutely gorgeus! I don't know if I like the bike better or the golden and purple sword better.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Finally leveled up two Blizzard IVs.
fk0naXD.png

m6dI8Kd.png

RZUFavX.png

*shwing/sparkle/sparkle*
D7bSR4S.png

Not sure if there's a level beyond V... I'm assuming not given more dedicated players don't seem to have a VI in their videos.

Oh and I missed this one... Barrier materia. I think it was given out after the Ifrit event.

xSJj1vn.png

Odd thing about this? I have only one... yet clearly some players have more (and MBarrier too!):

https://twitter.com/mimimonkun/status/632874380662472704
6llG7F8.jpg

I have absolutely no clue as to obtaining more.....they're not offered as a prize in the current Bahamut Fury event.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
The Bahamut Fury event has ended, and we've got a new event in it's place!

The Defender Sword event takes place between August 21st to 31st, with the first half ending on the 26th. Neat to see them continuing to incorporating more swords that appeared in other FF's and not VII.

MDDPwAg.png

yE80Rdr.png

Special event item is the "White Crystal":
s51dDlb.png

It's really refreshing to see an all new field! Perhaps near the Northern Crater? Unfortunately no new music. But maybe this means we'll get new missions with the next version?

fe58XIf.png

M4OinPU.png

Also exciting is new materia! If you complete the Beginner difficulty 20/Intermediate 10/Advanced 16 times (you'd think this would be 5, right?), you receive the Quake materia. This is currently the only way to obtain this materia, so don't miss your chance! Currently during the first half, you can get 3, so you'll be able to level it up to Quake II, and possibly higher depending on what the second half contains.

Along with that is a new premium roulette, for SOLIDER-B and TURK-P bikes.

65US8dE.jpg

9pnQXRh.png

4fgbTX9.png

b6it1kA.png

dIvqz4q.png

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I can see why Square Enix hired the guys who made G-Bike IOS game to help develop the remake of the original game.

They should get them, along with some of the KH developers and others to develop a remake for Before Crisis and the new story set after DOC.

Colour me impressed with the Glacier landscape-It's beautiful!

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Managed to get Quake!

TRpFd4V.png

Ripped the new assets, so here's the icon:

OPLVYJd.png

I'll record a video with it being used soon.
*edit here's the vid*

Quake is certainly one of the least visually impressive magics.

And since I'm going through the game's files again, here are the other materia as well (except MBarrier, as I still don't have it):

qwVShPb.png
CsYsgbS.png
Zw4KjBG.png
cCM84vX.png

n1te0DC.png
6sx64F3.png
lPYNyhm.png
HLFleVJ.png

HxYuA2U.png

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Second half of the event started today. Ultra difficulty is insane.

The night stage is really lovely:
pYyo5cr.png

gMGeTy5.png

And incredibly difficult:
P37gkNX.png

There's a 4th Quake materia rewarded after 32 plays. I managed to get the previous 3:

fc0DmkA.png

W8DeB15.png

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So, we're up to v. 1.7.1! Ever closer to v. 2.0.0.

kMezIpl.jpg

Not much to say, other than they note fixing a bug. The servers are still in maintenance mode, so can't check what may have been changed/added, but I think they've done something with the "now loading" graphics, for the split second it appeared before the message dialog came up.

Will report more soon!

Top Bottom