Final Fantasy VII G Bike Announced For Smartphones - S-E + CC2!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
when it loads from the start screen it now gives you little character text profiles. i saw reno, barret, yuffie, cid, cloud and tifa, but also sephiroth, zack and aerith so i'm wondering if you'll see those characters in the game too

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Aerith will be next, just watch ;)

Also did anyone mention Shiva?

Screenshot_2015-08-31-13-34-43_zpsjchfh2zk.png

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
when it loads from the start screen it now gives you little character text profiles. i saw reno, barret, yuffie, cid, cloud and tifa, but also sephiroth, zack and aerith so i'm wondering if you'll see those characters in the game too

It does? So far I've only had blank dialog boxes...

WR0SXtw.png

....maybe need to clear the cache again.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Ok, lots of updates!

During the initial loading screen, it will show information about various FFVII characters (though even after a cache wipe, I still have blank boxes....).
b0R02Wv.png

They've removed the "skip" cinematic feature when playing boss levels (goes for event bosses as well), you'll now only see it when you first play that level.

6m0Ul9p.png

There's another group event going on, this time the boss is..... Shiva!

Jo3j8R7.png

rErg54h.png

Shiva Bike
mVA9zWZ.png

sARdvAh.png

Shiva's Shotel (from FF XI)
883gtxC.png

PXDMZPZ.png

To fight against Shiva, there are two premium roulette swords:

9Wa1UGy.png

Prominence Sword (from FFXI)
rqd39T4.png

rvbL4mg.png

Fire Edge (from FF ???)
O8l64ZG.png

zaGXWBT.png

still not released outside of japan

Nope. :( Not even any news on a possible date. I still keep hoping that by v. 2 or maybe 3.0.0, we'll get something.

Oh cool, haven't seen a high quality version of her VII incarnation before.

They really did a nice job:

Z2qDk0e.png

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I sincerely hope they eventually release this game outside of Japan. It looks so fun. :(

And wow, I never paid much attention to VII's Shiva, but she's quite stunning; I love how striking her face is.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So here's something rather odd that happened while testing out if the new "tips" box would also be blank on my friend's S4 (it was):

X0675ZW.jpg

That's a level 99 Aero (or wind? Tornado??7 I don't know, going off of Google's translation), and yet you can only bring it up to 10.

How'd that happen? Not entirely sure... however I had swapped out those for Flare materia, and yet the game didn't keep those changes. So that may have had something to do with it.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I should note, I don't know if it was any more powerful, since Shiva doesn't take any damage from it.

Saw this posted on Twitter by Hao.

https://twitter.com/Hao0526/status/639666555714863104

Don't recall ever seeing this before, looking for trailers only showed the TGS and E3 ones.

Also, beyond that "TALK" feature seemingly in development limbo, I think it's somewhat odd that the outfit Nomura drew has yet to materialize in-game.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So the Shiva event ended the other day. Oddly they've not announced anything major following. No communal event, no new support character event, version upgrade.... nada.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
So the Shiva event ended the other day. Oddly they've not announced anything major following. No communal event, no new support character event, version upgrade.... nada.

Maybe they're busy? Since the TGS is next week, it could be possible that's the case.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Well f*** :rage:.... looks like G-Bike will be terminated December 15th.

Further information translated via Google:

[Important] management service end of the notice (12/15)
September 14 15:00
Important Announcement
FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE

We always use the "FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE", Thank you very much.

This time, "FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE" includes, but is Indeed excuse me, I have decided that I am allowed to terminate the service Womochimashite December 15, 2015 (Tuesday) 23:59 (planned).

Although we have promoted an in-house consultation up to now, the future, it is difficult to provide services that satisfy our everybody, because it has led to the conclusion that, today, has decided to end the service.

Schedule of up to termination of the services ordered as follows.
※ I will separately carried out corresponding guidance to customers due to the end.

[Schedule]
■ mid-September from December 15, 2015 (Tuesday) (planned)
We will successively held until "FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE" December 15 of service end each event that was conducted in the past of the (fire).

■ October 13, 2015 (Tuesday) 13:00 (planned)
It was carried out the maintenance work will result in the termination of sales of "Gem".
Sales of "Gem" will be the end, but in possession at that time, "Gem" You can continue to take advantage.

■ December 15, 2015 (Tuesday) 23:59 (planned)
Provision of games and we will finish the play.

October 30, 2014 since the start of the service of (wood), that we received your support to a number of customers, along with the I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart that, it was the result that I am allowed to end, Again apologize.
Until the end, we can enjoy the customer as management Team, I would like promise that I will strive maximum.

September 14, 2015 (Monday), "FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE" management staff

:fail:

This really annoys (and sadness) me.... after all the money and time spent on this game. I had rather enjoyed the game, and wanted to get Vincent, Red XIII, or even Zack as support characters, not to mention a bike battle against Sephiroth perhaps.

This of course, doesn't seem to bode well for a US/UK G-Bike release.

I highly recommend those that were holding out for a localized release download the JP Android/iOS and try it out...since this may be your last and only chance.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
So much for seeing Vincent, Aerith, Zack and Reno as supports and an english release date, now neither of those are ever gonna happen.

STUPID SERVICES!!!!

What're they trying to do now, teterminate every single Final Fantasy IOS/Mobile/Andriod game to never be seen again!? For God Sake, Square Enix! Stop breaking people's hearts and exictements! We were just enjoying FFVII G-Bike, now all of the sudden you want to take it away from us!?

You'd better have it reborn like you're doing(if you're ever going to) with Agito, for crying out loud!

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Internal strife?, perhaps, maybe the app wasn't performing as well as Final Fantasy Record Keeper and stuffs? I have seen a fair amount of criticism of it around the nets, like people not happy Cloud's birthday wasn't really celebrated by the guy in charge of G-Bike, and over other support characters not being added, etc, the lack of the talk feature, and such. Either ways the producer of G-Bike might have gotten around to adding other characters and features, etc eventually but now apparently it won't be happening at all. I'll admit I personally was impatient for Aerith to be added but I was holding out for it :puppy:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I am hugely disappointed by this, but not surprised. The server was broken when they launched it, and broke I don't know how many times since. They were always tweeting about maintenance.

Hopefully an offline version will appear somewhere.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if they revamp it, i hope they do so with a lot less grinding especially for the special event missions and their rewards. having to do the same mission 80-100+ times to get the materials you need to make the weapon/bike and max it out is what eventually put me off

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Guess that answers the Western Release question...

Definitely raises an issue of these digital, connection-requiring games. They shut down and are just lost to the ether, never to be seen again. Kinda crazy.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Gematsu has an article on it which provides better reasoning for why it's ending (better than Google's translation).

With Agito and G-Bike both gone in a few months time, I wouldn't be too surprised if the upcoming FF Grandmasters game gets terminated after a year of service in 2016/17 as well. Seems to me that the FF IOS/Andriod/Mobile games these days now will only last for one year each.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i would narrow that down to 3d online mobile games. record keeper is having it's one year anniversary now with no indication of it ending, pictlogica has lasted even longer, i think brigade is still going, etc. plus unlike 3d games you don't need a newer phone to run them well since they're all 2d.

though this doesn't fill me with confidence about mobius ff continuing long :sadpanda:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's a drag they can't just send out a patch that disconnects the game from servers, and there will be no new content, but that you could at least still play it if you happened to like it.

I mean, I wish all of Square's mobile games had an offline mode. A lot of the time I WANT to play a game on my phone is specifically because I don't currently have data service.

Top Bottom