FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Hmm, I actually feel it would be complicated to a casual player, we're just used to it due to years of FF7 brainrot :mon:

Also, now that open areas have been shown and we know it's not going completely off the rails, I'd like to reintroduce my chapter breakdown. The orange circles are the open areas and the blue boxes are linear chapters like Remake.

View attachment 13599
I feel like Wutai will likely have to show up in some form in Rebirth, I think showing what Wutai is like before Meteor is summoned is something the devs would want to do.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Great trailer, made all the better for shutting down the "Square won't market two FFs at the same time" doomposting. Wish we'd seen a bit more varied environments and at least one of Cait/Cid/Vincent but they'll probably have a story-focused trailer at TGS for that. Still kind of can't believe it's actually happening, even after the teaser last year the mere notion of what this game's attempting seemed so nebulous.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Hmm, I actually feel it would be complicated to a casual player, we're just used to it due to years of FF7 brainrot :mon:

Also, now that open areas have been shown and we know it's not going completely off the rails, I'd like to reintroduce my chapter breakdown. The orange circles are the open areas and the blue boxes are linear chapters like Remake.

-snip-

This looks pretty much perfect to me, and roughly follows the plotting of Act 2 of the original game as subdivided in Ultimania Omega.

Start with the flashback as the opening tutorial set piece, some intermission cutscenes of the party in the Kalm inn discussing things. The dragon would make a good first boss fight. Once that sequence is done you'll find that you've been robbed (by Yuffie), resetting progress.

Kalm and the Grasslands will be a quest hub area similar to the slums in Remake. There will probably be some requisite quests to get the chocobos from the Chocobo Farm.

I'd like to see the Midgardsormr scaled up and the marsh treated as a big action set piece similar to the Great Serpent in Sekiro.

Trailer pretty clearly shows the Mithril Mine -> Junon Coast -> Cargo Ship progression. You'll catch up with Yuffie at or around Fort Condor, I imagine.

At this point the main thing I'm wondering about is how the Zack timeline plot will be woven in and whether you'll control it at all. From a practical standpoint, if it's taking place in Midgar, that would potentially balloon the game size by quite a bit as it would presumably need to bring over a bunch of the environments from Remake that aren't actually featured in the main Rebirth narrative.

The Librarian

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Sammy
This looks pretty much perfect to me, and roughly follows the plotting of Act 2 of the original game as subdivided in Ultimania Omega.

Start with the flashback as the opening tutorial set piece, some intermission cutscenes of the party in the Kalm inn discussing things. The dragon would make a good first boss fight. Once that sequence is done you'll find that you've been robbed (by Yuffie), resetting progress.

Kalm and the Grasslands will be a quest hub area similar to the slums in Remake. There will probably be some requisite quests to get the chocobos from the Chocobo Farm.

I'd like to see the Midgardsormr scaled up and the marsh treated as a big action set piece similar to the Great Serpent in Sekiro.

Trailer pretty clearly shows the Mithril Mine -> Junon Coast -> Cargo Ship progression. You'll catch up with Yuffie at or around Fort Condor, I imagine.

At this point the main thing I'm wondering about is how the Zack timeline plot will be woven in and whether you'll control it at all. From a practical standpoint, if it's taking place in Midgar, that would potentially balloon the game size by quite a bit as it would presumably need to bring over a bunch of the environments from Remake that aren't actually featured in the main Rebirth narrative.
Depending on how involved they want the Zack sections to be, they could be mostly relegated to post/end-of-chapter cutscenes until the Big Meet Up in Rethree. Wouldn't require too many outside assets, but it'd be more attention than just a post credits scene again.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
On the subject of voices, Nobuo Uematsu apparently envisioned the late Sean Connery voicing Red XIII back in the original game... and something which I could totally dig if voices were possible back then. :P

I was kind of hoping Nomura would have gone for a Connery vibe with Red's voice in 'Remake'... even if I think Max Mittelman does a fine job too.

Reactions: Ite

MoLe_BlAdE

Lv. 25 Adventurer
On the subject of voices, Nobuo Uematsu apparently envisioned the late Sean Connery voicing Red XIII back in the original game... and something which I could totally dig if voices were possible back then. :P

I was kind of hoping Nomura would have gone for a Connery vibe with Red's voice in 'Remake'... even if I think Max Mittelman does a fine job too.
Genuinely still in shock that he's Ryuji in Persona 5.

Ghost X

I reckon if he doesn't appear in Rebirth, he'll appear in a DLC, like Yuffie, perhaps even teaming up with her, ala Dirge.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I expect that our 3 remaining characters – Cait Sith, Vincent, & Cid will probably show up in a trailer after Ever Crisis releases, since at that point they'll have a game that has all those characters and ways to build up on cross-promotion for their reveal. Pacing-wise, the party reaching Nibelheim and Vincent joining them at that point happening before arriving at Rocket Town and meeting Cid as the last character of the party, it wouldn't make sense for Vincent to be a DLC. Yuffie needed one because she didn't have a true entry point to lead her into the party in a narrative way and INTERmission needed to set that up so that potentially still having a random bump into her in the wilderness can still be how she teams up with Cloud & Co.

On those three new characters, while Vincent matches Barret's ability as a long-range character and Cid as a Dragoon has a pretty well-defined combat gameplay style, they're also both pretty well-liked characters where what to expect from them is pretty straightforward. Even Vincent's Limit Break transforming him and putting him under AI control works really naturally with the existing gameplay style, so I think that those two will be really straightforward all things considered. Even with Yuffie, I think that her addition to the team will probably be the entry point for introducing the team-up attacks since she doesn't want to just be a third wheel to everyone else, but she NEEDS someone else.

Not just that, but they already hinted at those from a gameplay perspective in INTERmission with a unique level of attention to detail from things like how half of Yuffie's abilities are written in hiragana because she's just a kid, but also in how she takes command in teaming up with Sonon is focused specifically on what she needs. Not only is Sonon a non-controllable character, but his Sonon's ATB charges more slowly when he was teamed up because he was a natural loner, and he even begins equipped exclusively with Independent materia that don't link to other materia. It has a ton of vectors that really push that interdependent relationship ...and that's what's got me REALLY curious how they're gonna both design and implement Cait Sith.

Especially since I always found his big stuffed moogle utterly adorable and really wanted to use it more, but his gameplay is just well... not the best in the original game that can change in a good way. I've got really high hopes for how he ends up being done in this that helps to reshape perspective on his character in the same capacity that INTERmission really nailed that sort of "character redemption" for Yuffie already and seems to be playing a big role in her as a standard party member.

First is his VERY different initial Limit Break system with Dice that play really heavily into the old school RPG element of damage numbers, where that seems like the Dice will be present but maybe the mechanics are changed up slightly. His slots seem especially interesting in just how many unique things that they'll get to have and how all that will work, and if we get a sense of how that type of magic works that's unique to Reeve.

Just like with Yuffie as the outspoken leader, Cait Sith's original weapon is a megaphone, which is something that feels decidedly un-weapon-like – but Red XIII's collar makes that a non-issue and gives the Megaphone a way to be portrayed as a sort of controller for the Toysaurus. Combine that along with the weapon upgrade system from Remake giving the weapons their own upgrade path, and it's basically just modifying how the Toysaurus attacks while Cait Sith is wielding various controllers. That has a mechanic that gives a really unique feeling to their relationship in subtle design of the gameplay elements that are really similar to what Yuffie's story has, which makes sense with him as the first completely new character we'll meet.

Since the Toysaurus he rides around on is just an absolutely MASSIVE unit, and being able to go bashing fists into the enemy seems like it'd be a ton of fun, I'm curious whether or not Cait Sith & Red XIII will get weapons that are more visually noticeable on their models or not, because as they're also the two non-human characters. Even if the Toysaurus had wristbands that matched the style of the Megaphone or something, and Red XIII got some accessories in his mohawk mane, that would be neat. Most of all though, with the introduction of the team-up attacks I'm betting that we'll have moments where that disconnect between Cait Sith & the Toysaurus get emphasized. Not only did Dirge have Cait Sith roaming about on his own and even puppeting a fake Reeve body at one point, he was also standalone in the Remake scene of the pillar collapse. It seems like there'll be plenty of opportunity for that to be a sort of minigame segment from time-to-time, and also start to emphasize that interdependent element.

That stands in a juxtaposition to Vincent who's "other self" is something that he can't escape from and which controls his actions, cutting him off from the party in the same way that Yuffie experienced with Sonon, which also makes me think that there's a decent chance that she's the critical component to why he joins the party since she's really drawn to that type of personality and telling them what to do, but this also gives an effective vector for the two of them to eventually have to face up against Nero & the Deepground stuff together that fits with their stories and isn't as intrinsically interconnected to the rest of the party initially. If anything would be a DLC, I expect it'll be Vincent & Yuffie going to infiltrate that potentially post-Meteor's appearance.

That brings us to Cid where his relationship with Shera is defined by how they're both attached to one another but in ways where that relationship has totally distorted itself into an unhealthy dynamic that makes both of them feel uncomfortable but even worse about doing anything else. There's a lot of design pieces that reflect the abuse dynamics of Shinra to Sephiroth as well as Jenova to the Planet that start to get reinforced by Bugenhagen in how those connections can turn parasitic and controllingly abusive from something that was initially each one trying to help the other the best it knew how.

Even before it adds in the additional complexity of linking up the story to Reeve's espionage with his helpless entanglement in being one of Shinra's execs, I think that Cait Sith has a MASSIVE opportunity to shine in this part of the game, especially since a big arc of this game builds up to his speech at the Temple of the Ancients about how even a copy still has a unique existence when he understands that he's the natural sacrifice to allow them to retrieve the Black Materia. I'm really hoping that they can manage to sell that part as well as the loss of the Tachikomas in Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

Not only is that an important part in examining how you process the concept of loss & replacement like a rebuild Nibelheim, but it's also a key part to how that applies to Cloud's current perspective regarding his own identity crisis and the other Sephiroth Copies in general, and how he has to consider Sephiroth's offer to him in Remake at the Edge of Creation.

Sephiroth's existential perspective of Jenova making puppets of the dead Ancients by making copies of them is what happened when he went insane, mass murdered a whole village of people, and then beheaded his own mother, in addition to changing from the personal pronoun to refer to himself that distinguishes different Sephiroth's in Remake. This all heavily informs Sephiroth's own existential perspective of Cloud as an extension of himself, motivating his drive for just making the Planet into the same thing as a means of facilitating a recreation of the world into a different future and a new reality.

That's why he's perfectly comfortable discarding the entire world and make a new one with copies of everyone else... which is antithetical to how Aerith feels about the concept of discarding the existences & suffering of everyone to make a different reality with things that are just copies of the real world redesigned and remade in order to alleviate the pain of one person. That's why a critical step in obtaining the Black Materia is self-sacrifice and why that's a critical story beat in what the player has to consider in approaching the potential loss of things that aren't just able to be copied... like how Cloud & Aerith both lost Zack – but now we have a separate reality where there's a copy of him that we can potentially choose to turn into the true reality.

I think that's gonna play a huge part in how Cait Sith gets introduced as the fortune teller for Cloud & Aerith, and what things that's going to emphasize between the characters thinking about a future that they'll never get to see – since we've been shown one ever since Remake, where none of the party we're playing as will ever experience those things. Cait Sith is a vector to make everyone potentially feel very differently about the idea of embracing the future where all the good & bad, the happiness & losses that you suffered to make your way to where you are now ALL disappear. Because what that's doing is really just making a copy of the dead rather than honouring the choices that they made., and unlike a true puppet like Cait Sith, you can't do that with real people. There's a lot of really complex moral and existential quandry that Cait Sith really kicks off that, in the original game, gets overshadowed by him being a spy and his RNG making him a less-than-ideal party member in turn-based combat, especially since he can just trigger a Game Over without warning.

I think that Rebirth really has a chance to use Cait Sith's crisis of identity with the party as being Reeve underscores additional layers to that, but even moreso is that his character emphasizes needing to embrace RNG that you can't control as being something that you just have to accept as-is and move forward from to handle as best as you can. No one understands this better than Reeve being on the executive board and STILL being unable to stop the Plate collapse from happening, which is why it's important that he was there slamming his fists into the ground during the cutscene in Remake.

On top of that, the relationship between Cait Sith and his Toysaurus to really open up on how it explores the deeper elements of the game in a way that work WAY better than the original, and also help to give Yuffie and INTERmission's focus on building healthy ways to be interdependent upon your teammates as an important part of trying to repair where those relationships are strained or even broken – which is the core of the focus on why Tifa's reality is being called into question. The elements between Tifa, Cloud, Aerith, & Zack are a really big part of how those themes get explored in a way that pulls into the primary narrative with Nibelheim that all of the Rebirth trailers are focused on but all of those things also focus on what the concepts of a "Remake world" or a "Rebirth individual" mean and when those are things that should be embraced and accepted and when they're things that should be opposed absolutely – because it's not an easy answer since you ALWAYS lose something no matter what, it's just asking what you're willing to lose and whether or not that's a cost that's right to pay, like the Whispers saving Barret's life but not President Shinra's which was solely because that was Fate not because it was a morally just thing to do, since that type of choice is the player's burden to bear now through Cloud.

Aaaand that's a bit of a deeper peak into why the whole tease with the Rebirth trailer showing us body duplicates of Barret, Red XIII, Tifa, & Aerith has more to do with setting up critical story details – and even while they're the most mysterious and quite unexpected, I don't at all think that the mystery has anything to do with what it appears to on the surface, but rather that it's a vector to help to reinforce those themes via multiple different avenues as the game also gets into the cosmological relationships with Bugenhagen.

Hopefully that tl'dr is an interesting look at the TYPE of analytical breakdown that I've been working on for Remake in an exhaustively massive scale, but also why that's a project where I'm not going to commit to finishing it until the final game of the Remake Project gets released even though it'll still take up a lot of time to work on throughout that, since it's sort of covering how those themes, designs, and storytelling evolve from the original game through this one.

While I'm still half-tempted to make some of those thoughts into something like a continuation of my "The Potential Of" articles, I kinda think that it's a type of analysis which, while it's fun to make in a predictive capacity like I have ever since figuring out Rufus' identity back in the ACF days and I'll still post bits and pieces about that stuff on the boards from time-to-time, there's something about focusing on that only after it is whatever it is has been finalized in a concrete way that brings a bit more to me these days, even if it does keep a majority of that work totally sealed off from external interaction for a long while. Given that I have a lot less mental/physical energy than I used to, taking that analytical energy to be more deeply introspective rather than predictive is where my time ends up being prioritized.

I also glad to be able to have a bit of it to share in forum-facing predictive tl;dr again now though. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I reckon if he doesn't appear in Rebirth, he'll appear in a DLC, like Yuffie, perhaps even teaming up with her, ala Dirge.
This is my hope. While I wouldn't mind Vincent being included in Rebirth, I'd prefer if we gain at least 1 new character in the third game.

Grandmaster Kirbs

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Kirbs
I had a thought about the chocobos in Rebirth, and how they are present in the trailer.

At around 0:58 in the trailer we see what is presumed to be the Chocobo Ranch. However, it looks a lot more overgrown than the original game's version. It's a more forest area with denser foliage than rolling grasslands and from the clips of the area presumed to be after calm, we can see it's mostly plains. This could be because the world is getting a drastic revamp, but, I'm wondering if maybe this isn't the Chocobo Ranch, but one of the chocobo ranches.

I don't think we're getting chocobo breeding in Rebirth, as it isn't accessible in the original until after getting the Highwind in FF7 OG, but I can see there being multiple Chocobo Ranches that serve as Fast Travel points on the "World Map" for the game. Chocobos then serve as the primary "vehicle" for the player until we leave the Golden Saucer and venture towards Cosmo Canyon in the buggy.

Another reason, to me, that supports this is chocobos are getting a new ability to scour and scent, which seem to be some sort of treasure hunting mechanic. We get a hint that the areas are going to be huge too, like 10,000m+ as seen in the trailer. So having access to Chocobos around the world makes sense until we get the Buggy or Tiny Bronco. (Which, themselves, are limited to their respective terrains)

I think they sort of set up precedence for this in Remake as well, with the chocobo carriages in the slums that act as late-game fast travel points for the player to easily get around the slums of Midgar for side quests.

I wonder if that even leaves open the possibility for us to ride different color chocobos earlier than we did in the original game, with access to Blue or Green chocobos to reach hidden areas of the big world map areas, and maybe even a black chocobo for end-game exploration?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I dig that Apocalypse design. It's long been one of my favourite weapons, so it's cool to see what it looks like in EC, as they'll likely be at least passingly similar in the eventual Remake Project game in which they appear (since Apocalypse might not show up in Rebirth).

Blue Dragonfly

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Dane
I expect that our 3 remaining characters – Cait Sith, Vincent, & Cid will probably show up in a trailer after Ever Crisis releases, since at that point they'll have a game that has all those characters and ways to build up on cross-promotion for their reveal. Pacing-wise, the party reaching Nibelheim and Vincent joining them at that point happening before arriving at Rocket Town and meeting Cid as the last character of the party, it wouldn't make sense for Vincent to be a DLC. Yuffie needed one because she didn't have a true entry point to lead her into the party in a narrative way and INTERmission needed to set that up so that potentially still having a random bump into her in the wilderness can still be how she teams up with Cloud & Co.

On those three new characters, while Vincent matches Barret's ability as a long-range character and Cid as a Dragoon has a pretty well-defined combat gameplay style, they're also both pretty well-liked characters where what to expect from them is pretty straightforward. Even Vincent's Limit Break transforming him and putting him under AI control works really naturally with the existing gameplay style, so I think that those two will be really straightforward all things considered. Even with Yuffie, I think that her addition to the team will probably be the entry point for introducing the team-up attacks since she doesn't want to just be a third wheel to everyone else, but she NEEDS someone else.

Not just that, but they already hinted at those from a gameplay perspective in INTERmission with a unique level of attention to detail from things like how half of Yuffie's abilities are written in hiragana because she's just a kid, but also in how she takes command in teaming up with Sonon is focused specifically on what she needs. Not only is Sonon a non-controllable character, but his Sonon's ATB charges more slowly when he was teamed up because he was a natural loner, and he even begins equipped exclusively with Independent materia that don't link to other materia. It has a ton of vectors that really push that interdependent relationship ...and that's what's got me REALLY curious how they're gonna both design and implement Cait Sith.

Especially since I always found his big stuffed moogle utterly adorable and really wanted to use it more, but his gameplay is just well... not the best in the original game that can change in a good way. I've got really high hopes for how he ends up being done in this that helps to reshape perspective on his character in the same capacity that INTERmission really nailed that sort of "character redemption" for Yuffie already and seems to be playing a big role in her as a standard party member.

First is his VERY different initial Limit Break system with Dice that play really heavily into the old school RPG element of damage numbers, where that seems like the Dice will be present but maybe the mechanics are changed up slightly. His slots seem especially interesting in just how many unique things that they'll get to have and how all that will work, and if we get a sense of how that type of magic works that's unique to Reeve.

Just like with Yuffie as the outspoken leader, Cait Sith's original weapon is a megaphone, which is something that feels decidedly un-weapon-like – but Red XIII's collar makes that a non-issue and gives the Megaphone a way to be portrayed as a sort of controller for the Toysaurus. Combine that along with the weapon upgrade system from Remake giving the weapons their own upgrade path, and it's basically just modifying how the Toysaurus attacks while Cait Sith is wielding various controllers. That has a mechanic that gives a really unique feeling to their relationship in subtle design of the gameplay elements that are really similar to what Yuffie's story has, which makes sense with him as the first completely new character we'll meet.

Since the Toysaurus he rides around on is just an absolutely MASSIVE unit, and being able to go bashing fists into the enemy seems like it'd be a ton of fun, I'm curious whether or not Cait Sith & Red XIII will get weapons that are more visually noticeable on their models or not, because as they're also the two non-human characters. Even if the Toysaurus had wristbands that matched the style of the Megaphone or something, and Red XIII got some accessories in his mohawk mane, that would be neat. Most of all though, with the introduction of the team-up attacks I'm betting that we'll have moments where that disconnect between Cait Sith & the Toysaurus get emphasized. Not only did Dirge have Cait Sith roaming about on his own and even puppeting a fake Reeve body at one point, he was also standalone in the Remake scene of the pillar collapse. It seems like there'll be plenty of opportunity for that to be a sort of minigame segment from time-to-time, and also start to emphasize that interdependent element.

That stands in a juxtaposition to Vincent who's "other self" is something that he can't escape from and which controls his actions, cutting him off from the party in the same way that Yuffie experienced with Sonon, which also makes me think that there's a decent chance that she's the critical component to why he joins the party since she's really drawn to that type of personality and telling them what to do, but this also gives an effective vector for the two of them to eventually have to face up against Nero & the Deepground stuff together that fits with their stories and isn't as intrinsically interconnected to the rest of the party initially. If anything would be a DLC, I expect it'll be Vincent & Yuffie going to infiltrate that potentially post-Meteor's appearance.

That brings us to Cid where his relationship with Shera is defined by how they're both attached to one another but in ways where that relationship has totally distorted itself into an unhealthy dynamic that makes both of them feel uncomfortable but even worse about doing anything else. There's a lot of design pieces that reflect the abuse dynamics of Shinra to Sephiroth as well as Jenova to the Planet that start to get reinforced by Bugenhagen in how those connections can turn parasitic and controllingly abusive from something that was initially each one trying to help the other the best it knew how.

Even before it adds in the additional complexity of linking up the story to Reeve's espionage with his helpless entanglement in being one of Shinra's execs, I think that Cait Sith has a MASSIVE opportunity to shine in this part of the game, especially since a big arc of this game builds up to his speech at the Temple of the Ancients about how even a copy still has a unique existence when he understands that he's the natural sacrifice to allow them to retrieve the Black Materia. I'm really hoping that they can manage to sell that part as well as the loss of the Tachikomas in Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

Not only is that an important part in examining how you process the concept of loss & replacement like a rebuild Nibelheim, but it's also a key part to how that applies to Cloud's current perspective regarding his own identity crisis and the other Sephiroth Copies in general, and how he has to consider Sephiroth's offer to him in Remake at the Edge of Creation.

Sephiroth's existential perspective of Jenova making puppets of the dead Ancients by making copies of them is what happened when he went insane, mass murdered a whole village of people, and then beheaded his own mother, in addition to changing from the personal pronoun to refer to himself that distinguishes different Sephiroth's in Remake. This all heavily informs Sephiroth's own existential perspective of Cloud as an extension of himself, motivating his drive for just making the Planet into the same thing as a means of facilitating a recreation of the world into a different future and a new reality.

That's why he's perfectly comfortable discarding the entire world and make a new one with copies of everyone else... which is antithetical to how Aerith feels about the concept of discarding the existences & suffering of everyone to make a different reality with things that are just copies of the real world redesigned and remade in order to alleviate the pain of one person. That's why a critical step in obtaining the Black Materia is self-sacrifice and why that's a critical story beat in what the player has to consider in approaching the potential loss of things that aren't just able to be copied... like how Cloud & Aerith both lost Zack – but now we have a separate reality where there's a copy of him that we can potentially choose to turn into the true reality.

I think that's gonna play a huge part in how Cait Sith gets introduced as the fortune teller for Cloud & Aerith, and what things that's going to emphasize between the characters thinking about a future that they'll never get to see – since we've been shown one ever since Remake, where none of the party we're playing as will ever experience those things. Cait Sith is a vector to make everyone potentially feel very differently about the idea of embracing the future where all the good & bad, the happiness & losses that you suffered to make your way to where you are now ALL disappear. Because what that's doing is really just making a copy of the dead rather than honouring the choices that they made., and unlike a true puppet like Cait Sith, you can't do that with real people. There's a lot of really complex moral and existential quandry that Cait Sith really kicks off that, in the original game, gets overshadowed by him being a spy and his RNG making him a less-than-ideal party member in turn-based combat, especially since he can just trigger a Game Over without warning.

I think that Rebirth really has a chance to use Cait Sith's crisis of identity with the party as being Reeve underscores additional layers to that, but even moreso is that his character emphasizes needing to embrace RNG that you can't control as being something that you just have to accept as-is and move forward from to handle as best as you can. No one understands this better than Reeve being on the executive board and STILL being unable to stop the Plate collapse from happening, which is why it's important that he was there slamming his fists into the ground during the cutscene in Remake.

On top of that, the relationship between Cait Sith and his Toysaurus to really open up on how it explores the deeper elements of the game in a way that work WAY better than the original, and also help to give Yuffie and INTERmission's focus on building healthy ways to be interdependent upon your teammates as an important part of trying to repair where those relationships are strained or even broken – which is the core of the focus on why Tifa's reality is being called into question. The elements between Tifa, Cloud, Aerith, & Zack are a really big part of how those themes get explored in a way that pulls into the primary narrative with Nibelheim that all of the Rebirth trailers are focused on but all of those things also focus on what the concepts of a "Remake world" or a "Rebirth individual" mean and when those are things that should be embraced and accepted and when they're things that should be opposed absolutely – because it's not an easy answer since you ALWAYS lose something no matter what, it's just asking what you're willing to lose and whether or not that's a cost that's right to pay, like the Whispers saving Barret's life but not President Shinra's which was solely because that was Fate not because it was a morally just thing to do, since that type of choice is the player's burden to bear now through Cloud.

Aaaand that's a bit of a deeper peak into why the whole tease with the Rebirth trailer showing us body duplicates of Barret, Red XIII, Tifa, & Aerith has more to do with setting up critical story details – and even while they're the most mysterious and quite unexpected, I don't at all think that the mystery has anything to do with what it appears to on the surface, but rather that it's a vector to help to reinforce those themes via multiple different avenues as the game also gets into the cosmological relationships with Bugenhagen.

Hopefully that tl'dr is an interesting look at the TYPE of analytical breakdown that I've been working on for Remake in an exhaustively massive scale, but also why that's a project where I'm not going to commit to finishing it until the final game of the Remake Project gets released even though it'll still take up a lot of time to work on throughout that, since it's sort of covering how those themes, designs, and storytelling evolve from the original game through this one.

While I'm still half-tempted to make some of those thoughts into something like a continuation of my "The Potential Of" articles, I kinda think that it's a type of analysis which, while it's fun to make in a predictive capacity like I have ever since figuring out Rufus' identity back in the ACF days and I'll still post bits and pieces about that stuff on the boards from time-to-time, there's something about focusing on that only after it is whatever it is has been finalized in a concrete way that brings a bit more to me these days, even if it does keep a majority of that work totally sealed off from external interaction for a long while. Given that I have a lot less mental/physical energy than I used to, taking that analytical energy to be more deeply introspective rather than predictive is where my time ends up being prioritized.

I also glad to be able to have a bit of it to share in forum-facing predictive tl;dr again now though. :awesomonster:

we have an expression here when someone says something cool and stunning: my feathers dropped!
that was awesome. i am agree with what you said

Blue Dragonfly

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Dane
This video is decent:

I've wondered in the past if Rob is a member here because whenever he talks about FFVII he's very much in tune with the stuff that our members say. This video is also very similar to one we might have made in the past :monster:
i can add some another question:
it is obviously two people know what is going in game : Sephiroth and Aerith. it seems , sephiroth knows better , but still Arith has scenes that shows she knows how things are going to happen.
she know barret, the person she never met, she knows that wispers are from future, she know the plate will fall and there is no way of saving it when they are in sewers.
"we can change it . make it right"
"everything about you is wrong"
"the one who looked with clouded eyes , see nothing but shadow"
didnt everything go right in ffvii OG?
did sephiroth and Aerith came back from same point?
did sephiroth came back later than DOC and screwed everyone and planet got screwed up ? based on what NANAki was watching after 400 years, it was obvious that life didnt went well as "happy ever after"
or maybe Vincent failed to stop Omega and there is new life somewhere else?
not to mention even cloud has visions of OG game .

safe to say, after 4 remaking of Resident evil and not very pleased , the remake of FFVII is changing my neg sight about remaking old games. some one shows this master peace to Capcom, maybe they stop what they are doing.

roku

Pro Adventurer
I think people are overthinking the whole sequel thing. While it (probably) does involve time traveling Sephiroth and Aerith and a Zack seemingly alive I don’t think it will change the larger story of Final Fantasy Vii. Then again I could be wrong and the devs are lying about it following the same axis as the original. Who knows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom