FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Demo Out Now!

So I switched Barret to Leader when possible, thinking that this makes sense because Barret always starts a battle with Overcharge at the ready, unlike Cloud for whom it takes a considerable time before he can build ATB and deal great damage. This worked partially in my advantage but the camera had trouble switching from field-leader Cloud to battle-leader Barret, leading to some really awkward angles and the camera not catching up nearly fast enough. Definitely the worst that I've seen the camera act in this game so far.

Noticed what appears to be a design flaw with the PS4 Pro. The two front USB ports are nestled in a space that is way too thin for many USB drives. Every USB drive I own is too thick to reach either of the two front slots. So instead I had to use the USB port in the back, where the console is fuming with hot air. It worked but I wish I could use the cold USB ports on the front as well.

- Enemy ragdoll physics

- Cloud stink eye

It dawned on me the other day what Cloud's stare reminds me of. No, not the cat-at-diner meme (though that too). He looks like my nephew when he is annoyed. :lol:

I set Barret as battle leader in the Battle Settings menu and this is when the camera trouble began. Previously I had manually switched from Cloud to Barret in every fight and this worked well for the camera. But when Barret is battle leader, with Cloud as field leader, the camera had difficulty switching to a good position and angle when entering a battle.

Just played the second half of the demo with background music and voices turned completely off.

- The Scorpion Sentinel is a decidedly surreal battle without the accompanying atmosphere of the bgm.
- The explosion of the mako reactor, and the montage movie that ensues, is seemingly only bgm and no sfx. The game turns completely silent at this point if you have bgm turned off.
- Even the "start game" menu is silent with bgm turned off.

Definitely gotta do the first half with these settings and then after that play the demo with ONLY voice sounds on.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Just played the second half of the demo with background music and voices turned completely off.

- The Scorpion Sentinel is a decidedly surreal battle without the accompanying atmosphere of the bgm.
- The explosion of the mako reactor, and the montage movie that ensues, is seemingly only bgm and no sfx. The game turns completely silent at this point if you have bgm turned off.

Definitely gotta do the first half with these settings and then after that play the demo with ONLY voice sounds on.

VAs off fixes so many of my issues, excessive grunts first of all, and body-language-dub inconsistencies as well. And I can keep on pronouncing mako like “Mako Shark” lol. It’s gonna be my preferred setting for story runs, but the subtitles forego some of the repeatable lines and banter (like Cloud saying “Try harder” to his enemies) so I may turn up the volume on replays.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu

I did that too yesterday, I played through the Demo without music and the atmosphere changed, felt so different, more immersed and calm. Like as if you really do sneak into the Reactor quietly. Tried with no voice sounds as well, but that felt really awkward so I had to turn them back up :)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
VAs off fixes so many of my issues, excessive grunts first of all, and body-language-dub inconsistencies as well. And I can keep on pronouncing mako like “Mako Shark” lol. It’s gonna be my preferred setting for story runs, but the subtitles forego some of the repeatable lines and banter (like Cloud saying “Try harder” to his enemies) so I may turn up the volume on replays.

The shark is technically pronounced mah-KOH

It's just one of those things where the mispronunciation just stuck around long enough to now be commonly accepted in the English language :monster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
So, 2 days from launch the demo scored a 5 star rating from 7,853 users on PSN.
Just over a week has passed and the demo now sits at 11,167 ratings.

To put this into perspective. The full Resident Evil 2 Remake game (25th Jan 2019) only sits at 8,673 ratings.
The hugely acclaimed Spider-Man (7th Sep 2018) sits at 11,966 ratings and God of War (20th Apr 2018) sits at 11,555 ratings.
The Rockstar Juggernaut Red Dead Redemption II (29th Oct 2018) currently sits at a massive 30,706 ratings.

Meaningless numbers, but for a demo to hit almost half of Red Dead Redemption II's full game's ratings, after only a week, is pretty neat.

Top Bottom