Final Fantasy XIII-2

Terrafig

AKA
KaleMarsh
If they gave her a personality compatible with actually defending herself, it would be a retcon.

That said, I wouldn't mind it. She's annoying as she is.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I don't understand where the Serah hate is coming from... she was kind of just there.

She didn't have enough character development, so I think it's nice that we'll get to see what she's really like.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
^This. Are we even given enough to go by to get a good scope on what kind of person Serah really is?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I don't understand where the Serah hate is coming from... she was kind of just there.

She didn't have enough character development, so I think it's nice that we'll get to see what she's really like.

This.

At this point there's barely any character to hate. And her being a damsel wasn't even really her fault, they sort of set her up to be screwed from the start.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I'm glad that there is news! :excited: I'm hoping for a lot from E3! :joy:

If they gave her a personality compatible with actually defending herself, it would be a retcon.

Well,
she can take on the commando role
, whatever level she can do so.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

I don't hate her. I'm just calling it like it is.

She'd have to do something besides get saved and be protected for me to hate her.

serious note, where the hell is Lightning and why is Serah two timing her husband???

Because the woman going off on an adventure while the husband potentially stays at home would mean she's two-timing because her companion is a man.

Because men never do that.

Oh wait.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
she was kind of just there.
Exactly. She's worthless. She has no personality beyond her given role as the damsel. That's all she is. You can literally replace her with Magical Goose That Shits Gold and it'd be the same.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
...which is why it'll be nice to see what her character personality actually is, lol. She seems sweet and I like that type of character so, that's why I currently have no problem with her. x'D

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Serah is more of a blank slate. She has some background, a bit of personality (sort of sugary sweet, bluh). But she still has a lot of room to play with. They can make her into a good character.

On the other hand, they could totally fuck her up :monster:

But as of this moment, I'm gonna keep my mind open and see what they do with her before I decide to hate her or love her.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Exactly. She's worthless. She has no personality beyond her given role as the damsel. That's all she is. You can literally replace her with Magical Goose That Shits Gold and it'd be the same.

I think this is the point. We aren't really given anything to go by.

Hopefully in XIII-2, we will.

To play her off has a terrible choice to have in the game has no merit, because we just don't know.

I mean, what, she's used by fal'cie and that makes her worthless? That's kind of the entire plot of the game, isn't it? The entire cast is running around like chickens with their heads cut off for the same reason. Sarah just complete her focus earlier and is done.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
We aren't really given anything to go by.
I really don't get this. Yes, we are. She is a terrible character on account that she was a non-character. I don't know what qualifies as bad for you, but for me characters with no real presence beyond "plot device" are considered badly written. In any form of writing, they are bad. Less developed characters are necessary, sure. The cop who stopped your character over to delay them from saving their burning house and family does not need to be some character with a grand history, but I hardly think SE puts Serah in that category.

Meh, whatever. To me she is worthless and not interesting in the least as someone I'd like to follow in a sequel. If you want a game out of someone who hasn't been "touched", I suggest you clammor for a NEW character then.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Oh I definitely knew she was going to be, seeing as how she already had battle quotes for the original.
Serah did?

OT: if they actually can use elements/assets from PS3 games with that new PSP, and God knows how Square loves to make games for handhelds, I want them to bundle something with FFXIII-2. There's already all that stuff from FFXIII and now XIII-2 they can reuse! Use that to tell one of the gaiden-type stories they keep making handheld games out of.

Like a Fang and Vanille Lesbian Pulse Adventures prequel/side-story.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Except Serah is worthless. She's not good for anything but being a damsel in distress.

Stark1Notimpressed.gif

Here we go again.

Boss just sit back and give the chick a chance. Damsels in Distresses can evolve too from what I can see at some point in time.

I just hope she doesn't use a flute as a weapon though then I'm going to sit at the Serah hate chair.

Because the woman going off on an adventure while the husband potentially stays at home would mean she's two-timing because her companion is a man.

Because men never do that.

Oh wait.

I never did say men don't do that~ ヽ( ´ー`)ノ

If Snow was also doing it I would call him out too.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Here we go again.

Boss just sit back and give the chick a chance. Damsels in Distresses can evolve too from what I can see at some point in time.

I just hope she doesn't use a flute as a weapon though then I'm going to sit at the Serah hate chair.

No shit. Who said I wasn't? Go away.

Terrafig

AKA
KaleMarsh
I don't understand why people are more exited about Serah than the new guy. We know about as much about both of them. Just because you recognize her doesn't mean she's better.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I don't understand why people are more exited about Serah than the new guy. We know about as much about both of them. Just because you recognize her doesn't mean she's better.

I don't know that anyone's "excited" about her (except maybe Sami :P), but it's just that people are ready to bash her (or the game) quite quickly when we really don't know enough to do so. (at least imo)

Personally, I'm on equal ground concerning Serah and Noel. But we also know a bit more about Serah so there's more to discuss (ie: Snow, etc).

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I'm still curious as to how they ended up in this new world or new land, its not like some silly Dissidia nonsense where they dunno where they are and lost their memories and all.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
start making sense

or gtfo

with this logic snow was ''two-timing" her with her own sister

wtf

Okay now I don't understand you, I was only snarking at Serah goin' with Noel on some adventure and all because its a first and then you're suddenly accusing me of being sexist, unfair and all. Come on Brooke, why you think this? : (((( 'twas only a fun poke. If I offended, it wasn't my intent ok?

Plus! you know I wasn't serious of her two-timing right?? I am a fanboy of her club afterall.

:starkpleased:

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
If this game doesn't look like it'll suck dick from jump street, perhaps I'll do another playthrough of it, yeah?

I'm still curious as to how they ended up in this new world or new land, its not like some silly Dissidia nonsense where they dunno where they are and lost their memories and all.

Uh, Pulse? They were in Pulse at the end of FFXIII, and Pulse is way too big for all of it to be accounted for. Most of it is new, unexplored territory.

Unless there's something that I missed?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
According to the novels after the game, Lightning ended up in some world. I may be mistaking it for a distant land but idk, I skipped to Serah's chapter.

Top Bottom