Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Ghost X

I think what was said is that the terms "fal'Cie" and other stuff from the FFVIII mythology won't be included, but the basic concepts will remain. I probably totally butchered that account though.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, both the Lightning Saga and Type-0 did make use of the fal'Cie and l'Cie concepts, but to different effect. Still, they appear in both, so mayhap they will appear here as well.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
FFXV-Car-Meme-Asset_003-600x337.png

do he got the booty

he do

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I am going to be severely and sorely disappointed if I don't get my fal'Cie in this game.

I'm going to be severely and sorely disappointed, aren't I?

I was sorely disappointed when they stopped making FF games with Triple Triad in them.

I never compromise on Triple Triad! Not even the FFIX imitation! :rorschach:

Skan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
dief
So something I'm not really clear on, but how exactly are these universes connected? I haven't played anything after FF12, but are FF13 and FF Type-0 and FF15 connected in the same way that FFX and FF7 are connected, or is the relationship closer than that?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
it's not like ffx/ffvii, since they aren't directly connected. what they did was took the bones of a general mythology, and each project put a different spin on it. (in ffxiii l'cie were people chosen by fal'cie to perform a specific task who would transform into monsters if they didn't accomplish it; in type-0 l'cie are people chosen by crystals to follow their will and could live for hundreds of years, if not forever. type-0 didn't have fal'cie iirc, ffxiii didn't have the concept of 'finis' which was a big part of type-0).

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Which is why the FNC is such a stupid concept because 'stories that are not connected except they share a few elements' is what FF is already doing in the first place. :wacky:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
it's not like ffx/ffvii, since they aren't directly connected. what they did was took the bones of a general mythology, and each project put a different spin on it. (in ffxiii l'cie were people chosen by fal'cie to perform a specific task who would transform into monsters if they didn't accomplish it; in type-0 l'cie are people chosen by crystals to follow their will and could live for hundreds of years, if not forever. type-0 didn't have fal'cie iirc, ffxiii didn't have the concept of 'finis' which was a big part of type-0).

Type-0 has just two fal'Cie. One for Pulse, one for Lindzei.

Ghost X

So, this game is going to be episodic? I recall something being mentioned about "Duscae", but I guess I totally do not recollect anything beyond that. Is the second episode going to be called Nightae, and the 3rd Dawnae, and so on? :P. I await the episode Late Afternoonae, because something big is bound to go on then.

Inb4 badumtish.

Ghost X

My only hang up is that it sounds a little too KH-like. Having said that, the part of the trailer where the airships fly in and the accompanying music that goes with it... that's made of the purest awesome.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I hope this game has references to older FFs... especially FFI which is like my favorite of them.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
My only issue with Shimomura's stuff on FFXV at the moment is that a lot of it has a Wagnerian/classical feel to it, which is great but a great Final Fantasy soundtrack has always tackled a range of different styles, often on the same disc. Shimomura definitely has the range, let's just hope she uses it.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
....I just realized something.

You can probably run monsters over with a CAR.

Ghost X

Or trash your car by smashing into them, and then simply get a paint job to fix the problem, and shake the cops off your back too.

Top Bottom