Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Only a few tracks though. A variety of composers worked on it including Yasunori Mitsuda for the theme song.
It's a fantastic soundtrack imo.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Demo starts at 1:30

Edit: More

welcome-to-jurassic-park-o.gif

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think there is another stream with Tabata today. We will probably get them as direct feed really soon.

Lex

Administrator
OH COOL FAIR ENOUGH

THOUGH HOW COULD YOU JUST DROP THAT THERE AND NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HOW IMPRESSIVE THE SCALE IS!?!?!?

IM LOOKING AT YOU TOO TRES AND KUJA!?!?

No seriously my jaw dropped about a metre there guys, I know they said open world and world map a long time ago but I didn't see... this, in my head. The scale is pretty fucking phenomenal.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Snatched this summary of Tabata's Active Time Report from GAF:

Walking the world

The first video shown is a portion of the Dascae region which will be on the demo
Events and enemy position removed/changed for this video to show just the walking
You can eat and gather information at gas stations
If you can see something in the background you can go to it
Depending on the shape of the ground Noct and friends walking animations will change
If you keep running you can see your friends tire and try to catch their breath
You can fish in streams, rivers, and the ocean!
You can fight the wildlife. As they are always active, be careful as they will attack if you get close
There are buildings in the forest with people living in them. You can enter some of these buildings
There are also animals that aren't enemies like cats and dogs
In order to make the mountains the developers actually climbed one. They might show a video of them doing this one day
Demons like the Naga or the Goblins will come out of the caves at night
It's dangerous at night and is safer to rest at a gas station or by other means
The party members dialogue will change in accordance to the time
A Chocobo was shown in the forest. Look forward to finding out more in the demo
The enemy airship patrols will sometimes land and fight you
Magitek Armor will make an appearance. (was not meant to have been said)
The Dascae region is as a large as 10% of the game

The Tech Demo!

Currently transferring the game from Ebony to Luminous
Engine transferring currently 80% complete and will be 100% done by the time the demo is out.
Working with Sony and MS to help push the hardware to its limits
Not all, but you can destroy buildings and the ground
With the power of Luminous FFXV will far surpase FF:AC
Another tech demo is planned to be shown at a later date

Your questions to Tabata

Q.What if I mash the attack button instead of holding it down?
A.Even if you mash the attack button the combo will still operate fine and connect together. It's possible to counter while you button mash; if you hold the button down you have to be more careful of the enemies movements and it's more strategic.

Q.Will Type0 HD be available digitally and will it come with the FFXV demo?
A.Of course

Q.Why doesn't the MP show up on the UI?
A.The battle UI is still temporary. When it is complete it will clearly show the MP

Q.I'm a little worried the game will only last 40 hours
A.The main story itself will take 40 hours. Beating dungeons and other actives will make the length of the game much longer

Next Episode Preview
Jump Festa!

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I like the gas station mechanic. I can see Noctis asking indirect questions to NPCs so they don't figure out who he is, also looking at folded up maps and newspapers to figure out what's near him.

I imagine 10% of this game is very large. HD midgar looks very likely. This game looks like it will set a lot of standards as to how SE makes final fantasies (and while I'm on remakes, I would like to play V and VI like this). I am going to be seeing how far I can run in that demo.

I wonder how many people will be running their party members into trees on purpose?

Also, Square Enix doesn't just draw their concept art, they make MANNEQUINS out of them.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Could it be... too expansive? :P. I like the size of everything to have some sort of justification :P.

As long as the environments don't look too repetitive bigger is better when it comes to game environments IMO. The closest FF has been to this in the past is FFXII and this looks monstrous compared to that. I'm impressed and my interest is very very high. Floating around and taking in the scenery is part of what makes FF special IMO, and now we're free to see... more.

It's just more immersive I think.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Wouldn't be a very interesting road trip if there wasn't a vast scenery to take in.

/cynicism towards this game is decreasing

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Looks very good. The gas station from the older build has been revamped.

Can't wait for the mythos.

Its a day one grab when I pick up a PS4 and when it eventually drops.

Ghost X

Events and enemy position removed/changed for this video to show just the walking

My worries about it being too expansive were quashed by the mentioning of this :P.

A Chocobo was shown in the forest. Look forward to finding out more in the demo

Where was the chocobo?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
My experience with "expansive worlds" is that most of the time all you had was the occasional monster or two to run in to (Shadow of the Colossus was lacking in that department)...

I'm actually fond of FINDING STUFF (ala Legend of Zelda), so I hope there's more to it than the occasional treasure sphere or two.

Lightning Returns' Dead Dunes had lizards you could kill and sell tails, but... meh I think there could be more to do!

Also, I'm pretty satisfied with the combat system... the action game elements look great:

---you can impale soldiers with different weapons as part of a combo (literally throwing weapons at them)
---you can "teleport around" to different points even during battles so if you're in a sticky spot you can climb up a building where monsters can't grab you
---Monsters actually change their appearance as they take battle damage!! (Behemoth was looking pretty ripped up in the tech demo that I saw).
---Team Up attacks seem pretty cool.
---"Weapon Spiral" mode seems to last for a considerable amount of time (for defensive purposes).
---you can stay in the air almost indefinitely with teleports as part of combos
---seems like they have unique animations for evading attacks as well, so that will probably be a manual function

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
My experience with "expansive worlds" is that most of the time all you had was the occasional monster or two to run in to (Shadow of the Colossus was lacking in that department)...

Eh, SotC isn't the best example since it was built entirely around boss fights as a deliberate part of its design.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I just hope there's more than just countryside and monsters in this game though.

I want me some political intrigue, mystery, and some nice cities to explore (and maybe a card game or two to play as a mini-game).

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
That's great. I'm not really a fan of button mashing. :monster:

I think that 40 hours is pretty good for just storyline. I'm assuming that there will be chocobo mini games and I'm counting on there being either chocobo races or chocobo breading or chocobo treasure hunting. I'm counting on it!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Sooo hope you guys who really wanna play the XV demo pre order type-0 or get it on launch day because the demo will be really limited as in with pre-orders and first day release only.

first as tabata-San said in a recent episode of SE Prsents, this demo is exclusive to FFType-0 HD, we're never going to release it as a standalone piece down the line. Secondly it's intended to be a special gift for those of you who purchase early, the demo will be limited to "Day One" edition meaning only the first shipment is going to have the demo, so if the demo is something you think you might like , we highly encourage you to pre-order or be quick about getting to the store on launch day, March 17 2015

This is being reported by several sources.

Really SE what's with the "let's troll the fuck out of our fanbase" mission they seem to be on right now?

Top Bottom