Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Serah Farron

Donator
I already pre ordered my collectors edition of Type-0 through the SE store. I'll be playing Type-0 first when I get it then maybe the XV demo lol. I'm too excited for Type-0, I've only played the Japanese demo. :P

Also I'm sooo pumped for more news this weekend. Staying up tonight to watch the stream.
And of course, since that new scan was leaked there's already hate for the new chick. Why am I not surprised? This fandom is vicious when it comes to any new female--but new male? FAWNING OVER. Let's not forget it's a sin in their eyes to dress like she does, lmfao.

I for one am looking forward to knowing more about her. And Stella. And Luna. And I want to know more about fringe girl. She looks like my type.
It'd be cool if this new girl is the female Cid like we were hearing, but I dunno. They just called her that bc of her outfit. But a female Cid would be a nice change. In any case, I'm excited.

And also I LOVE the English voices. Especially Ignis like...... damn yo..... please talk while you drive all the time. I am crushing on him hard. Also where the heck is my Ignito fanart already? >_>

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I thought they said Nibelheim too during the JPN trailers, but with further mentioning in later trailers you can make out Niflheim.

As for the Goblins, they look creepy as hell in the dark, like those Silent Hill 1 enemies that skitter through the halls in the old high school.

Ghost X

Cindy, the mechanic, eh? If that's supposed to be FFXV's Cid. Why not call her something like Sydney? Cidney :awesome:.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I'll be playing this game for all the old enemy callbacks. The guy trying to crush Noctis was NES era Titan, wasn't it?

I'm not worried about lip synch, they do that toward the end (see: early Crisis Core, FFXIII English trailers).

And new music, finally!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
More info:

The giant monster shown at the end of the trailer is indeed Titan.

Summoned Beasts can be acquired after fighting them, and there are various other conditions for acquiring them as well.

Titan will play a big role in the story, but the demo won’t include him in. It will instead add another Summoned Beast that is not a big part of the story. You’ll get to summon this Beast, and it is said that it will be a dynamic one that will surprise players.

The giant size of Titan seen in the trailer is how he’ll look when you summon him yourself.

The town in the trailer is shown in a seamless fashion; however, at the current stage, Square Enix can’t say for sure whether the entire game will be seamless. Again, they say that they’re doing their best to make it all seamless, but important scenes will likely require some loading. The demo, however, will be completely seamless.

The town shown is called “Lestarg” and it plays an important role in the story surrounding Titan. While big, it is not one of the largest towns in the game, and won’t be in the demo. There’s a hotel where you’ll get to rest, eat, and shop, along with all kinds of other events.

General Cor Leonis will join you and fight in the party. there are some party members that will join as temporary guests, and Cor is one of them. He’s not a friend of Noctis and the others, but an aide to his father. He’ll be there to look out for Noctis and Co.

If you go a while without sleeping, the stat boosts you get from foods and such will lose their effect.

The sleep element has been added to further emphasize that these characters are living people, so they’ll need to get rest just like any normal human. You can eat meals at camp for extra status effects.

You’ll need to take a breather in order to level up. So basically, if you don’t rest at a camping area, you won’t level up. This will make it possible for people to challenge themselves at beating the game at a low level.

You can go three days without sleeping, but any longer than that and you’ll begin to see negative effects.

One day in Final Fantasy XV is the equivalent of a real-life hour, so a day lasts for about 40 to 45 minutes, and the rest is night. This bit is currently in development, so it’s subject to change.

There will be moments where you’ll need to go on fighting for days at a time.

There are also trains to travel inside, and these will have their own spaces within them. You’ll travel by train at times, and can freely walk around inside when you do.

Cindy (or Cidney in Japanese) doesn’t have much to do with the story, but she’s a mechanic who’ll talk to you about gameplay. While we still don’t know exactly what kind of mechanic she is, she’ll appear in the demo. Square Enix’s male staff members have been putting a lot of effort into creating her.

At the moment, Square Enix are working on adding more action varieties, and they feel that magic isn’t looking too impressive, so they’re not showing it. They need to work on it, but they’ll do that after they’re done with the Summoned Beasts.

At first, they decided on only having Noctis use magic, but they felt that it wouldn’t be as fun gameplay wise, so they’re changing it up a bit so that everyone in the party can use magic.

Square are adding various languages for the demo version that will release around the world, but due to the heavy amount of content and problems in schedule, Square Enix can’t say for sure whether they’ll all be included in the initial release.

Insomnia is the capital of the Kingdom of Lucis, where Noctis is the prince of. This is where a ceremonial signing will take place.

Square Enix prepared all kinds of scenes for the latest trailer, but since they didn’t use them all, map director Yasuyuki Matsunami got pretty upset. Tabata justified his reason by saying that trailers can be made in two ways: to advertise or show the state of development. They showed Behemoth and weathers in the previous trailers, and Tabata says this was put together in a rush. As for Jump Festa 2015, the focus was advertising, which was done by the editing studio, and not in cooperation with the development staff. For this reason, they weren’t able to include all the scenes that were requested by staff.

Some of the omitted scenes were shown separately at the event, including one that highlighted Cindy, and another with town exploration.

There was a much older version of the town, but the latest version had a lot more going on that was shown in the trailer when you see Noctis and friends cruising in there. The full-release version will look nicer, and will have more people walking around. If you go near them, you’ll also get to hear them speaking.

You can purchase ingredients to cook at camp. By eating those foods, you’ll gain positive effects. By properly sleeping, you’ll maintain its effects.

The part that shows the dog peeing [in the footage with town exploration], in the back, they show a part that will play a big role in the game’s story.

Tabata jokingly said that he’ll introduce more on the dog if the demand is high enough.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/20/final-fantasy-xv-tons-details-jump-festa/#keC6BejHdU95zikB.99

Lex

Administrator
While some of that sounds cool, I'm not pleased with the state of development. I quite honestly thought they'd be a lot further along than this, and from that it sounds like they haven't decided on certain things yet which is really some bullshit when you consider how long this has been "in development".

Like seriously they haven't properly implemented magic yet? I'm worried. It's not just a case of "things are going to look nicer when it's finished", it's literally "the team is working hard on this character". I mean what? Why aren't your characters finalised yet?

Don't get me wrong, I still want it, I'm just not comforted by that information.

EDIT: Town footage:

Last edited:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Titan? Dog?

I know where this is going

Video game dogs will save your life one day.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
While some of that sounds cool, I'm not pleased with the state of development. I quite honestly thought they'd be a lot further along than this, and from that it sounds like they haven't decided on certain things yet which is really some bullshit when you consider how long this has been "in development".

Agreed. It's infuriating that all we get is "in development" at the end of trailers. How much longer do we have to wait? It's getting close to a decade now.

Especially since the game is actually starting to look really good. Like, I really need to play this yesterday.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I think the game looks really impressive. Before I wasn't really too excited about it, but now I really want to have this. I guess I'm easily convinced since I'm so impressed by the visual look and the music, but I don't care. The one thing that bugs me is the lack of (playable) female characters, but what can you do.

And seriously, the soundtrack sounds so damn good. I wants it now! :aah:

I was hoping we would have a release date by now, but after reading the previous posts by you guys it does feel quite far away still. I guess that gives me time to get myself a PS4. :P

The town in the trailer is shown in a seamless fashion; however, at the current stage, Square Enix can’t say for sure whether the entire game will be seamless. Again, they say that they’re doing their best to make it all seamless, but important scenes will likely require some loading. The demo, however, will be completely seamless.

I can live without complete seamlessness, but if I were a developer I can see that it would bug me.

General Cor Leonis will join you and fight in the party. there are some party members that will join as temporary guests, and Cor is one of them. He’s not a friend of Noctis and the others, but an aide to his father. He’ll be there to look out for Noctis and Co.
I love him already.

If you go a while without sleeping, the stat boosts you get from foods and such will lose their effect.

The sleep element has been added to further emphasize that these characters are living people, so they’ll need to get rest just like any normal human. You can eat meals at camp for extra status effects.

You’ll need to take a breather in order to level up. So basically, if you don’t rest at a camping area, you won’t level up. This will make it possible for people to challenge themselves at beating the game at a low level.

I really like this idea.

One day in Final Fantasy XV is the equivalent of a real-life hour, so a day lasts for about 40 to 45 minutes, and the rest is night. This bit is currently in development, so it’s subject to change. There will be moments where you’ll need to go on fighting for days at a time.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

There are also trains to travel inside, and these will have their own spaces within them. You’ll travel by train at times, and can freely walk around inside when you do.
YESSSSSS. Trains and airships all the way.

Cindy (or Cidney in Japanese) doesn’t have much to do with the story, but she’s a mechanic who’ll talk to you about gameplay. While we still don’t know exactly what kind of mechanic she is, she’ll appear in the demo. Square Enix’s male staff members have been putting a lot of effort into creating her.

Female Cid? I mean, Sydney is a girl's name anyway so why did they need to call her Cindy?

At first, they decided on only having Noctis use magic, but they felt that it wouldn’t be as fun gameplay wise, so they’re changing it up a bit so that everyone in the party can use magic.
Okay, whatever

Insomnia is the capital of the Kingdom of Lucis, where Noctis is the prince of. This is where a ceremonial signing will take place.
The arranged marriage of Noctis and Stella?

You can purchase ingredients to cook at camp. By eating those foods, you’ll gain positive effects. By properly sleeping, you’ll maintain its effects.
By "purchase" you mean with earth money, not gil?

The part that shows the dog peeing [in the footage with town exploration], in the back, they show a part that will play a big role in the game’s story.

Tabata jokingly said that he’ll introduce more on the dog if the demand is high enough.
Demand more dog!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Around 26 seconds into the trailer, the voice on the radio says "Nibelheim". Or at least it sounds that way to me. Anyone else?

If I'm not incorrect, I wonder if it's just an easter egg or if there's going to be a place in the game with that name?

If it makes folks feel any better, the difference between Nibelheim (Japanese: ニブルヘイム) and Niflheim (ニヴルヘイム) is practically non-existent, especially in Japanese syllabary:

Wikipedia said:
The character ウ can take dakuten to form ヴ (vu), a sound foreign to the Japanese language and traditionally approximated by ブ (bu).

Also, early in FFVII's development (according to the Early Material File section of the Ultimania Omega), the village was called Niflheim. No idea why they changed it ever so slightly, but it's a less significant difference in Japanese than it appears in English.

Aside, Niflheim is an appropriate name for Cloud and Seph's hometown regardless of translation from Icelandic -- whether it be as "Home to Clouds," "Home to Fog," "Home to Mist" or "Home to Darkness."

Jump Festa info said:
You’ll need to take a breather in order to level up. So basically, if you don’t rest at a camping area, you won’t level up.
But what happens if you don't get a baaahth? :awesome:

Last edited:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
If it makes folks feel any better, the difference between Nibelheim (Japanese: ニブルヘイム) and Niflheim (ニヴルヘイム) is practically non-existent.

I'm no expert in this, but according to the FFwiki Niflheim is written ニフルハイム in Japanese. Not that it makes a huge difference (nivuruheimu -> nifuruhaimu) but I thought I'd just point that out. -_-

Top Bottom