Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lex

Administrator
I can't really stand that site so I'm going to avoid reading that until there's news from a more reputable source. I'm not saying they're wrong or anything, but that site publishes a lot of shit and often inaccurate/ untrue information. They do it a lot with "Mass Effect 4" in the headlines.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
So the demo will have voices in English and Japanese and we can choose what we prefer. However, for the final game it's still not sure that we'll get both because of space constraints. I'd be happy if they did the same as Lightning Returns. Voices in English but allow the Japanese download via PSN.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I've already committed to investing in a new PC (since my current one is pretty much crap), so I won't be getting a Playstation 4 for a while...

Don't get me wrong, FFXV is on my list (along with Batman Arkham Knight), but if any of you guys don't want your copy of FFXV I'll take it off your hands. ;)

At any rate, I got no problems with having a female Grease Monkey with boobs named Cidney. I think she's cute.

Also... summoning Titan who is.... several stories BIGGER than your party.... sounds a bit like overkill... Imagine summoning this guy in a city... yikes...

I hope summons are more interactive though, I like telling my summon monsters what to do ala Poke'mon.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I just thought of something....

Do you think we'll be able to EAT MONSTERS in FFXV??? (ala FFVIII Devour ability)

That would be awesome if they gave you stats or bonuses.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I just thought of something....

Do you think we'll be able to EAT MONSTERS in FFXV??? (ala FFVIII Devour ability)

That would be awesome if they gave you stats or bonuses.

Chocobo for speed raise of 1

Marlboro for nasty status aliments

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Status ailments only happened when you drank Dark Chu Jelly in Zelda games. Malboros are a healthy source of Magic enrichment!

Eat your vegetables!

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I can't really stand that site so I'm going to avoid reading that until there's news from a more reputable source. I'm not saying they're wrong or anything, but that site publishes a lot of shit and often inaccurate/ untrue information. They do it a lot with "Mass Effect 4" in the headlines.

That site is known for BS so it'll be wise to never trust anything on it.

They even stole a person's pic off deviantart and tried to say crapcom were working on DMC5.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
The main theme of FF just makes this so much better.

Also female Cid = TITS. I'm not complaining.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I don't care what else they add... if they don't add something like Triple Triad, I will STILL be sad.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Based on all the stuff I've seen, there's no way I'm getting this game. That's not a big deal though--I haven't liked anything Square-Enix has released for about five years now, after all. XD

(Yes, I can go into the details of why I won't be getting it, but I fear extreme FFanbase-ish-ness will drown out why I'm not particularly impressed).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, it's hard to be terribly excited anymore for a game that's three months away from its ninth anniversary ... of the announcement of its development.

I will honestly be surprised if it's released before the 10th anniversary.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There's a lot of XV news today. Probably warranting of a front-page post that I could take care of tonight or this weekend if people would like.

The game is 60% finished. Whatever that means. That's only a 5% increase from September, but I've read before about the double-edged sword of demos taking people off the real project to create the demo. But this particular project absolutely needed to take that time to make a demo to try and establish some confidence.
And, really, given the assumption that started from almost scratch in 2013? 60% in two years is a better pace than XIII was on, for sure.

A description of the combat controls. Which...doesn't really tell you anything without context, but there it is.

And, most importantly,

Almost an hour of gameplay starting at the 34:00 mark.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Though an hour is nice and all, I don't want to ruin the demo by watching the entire thing. Especially since I have so many reservations as it stands - it's at a point now where I just need to get my hands on the thing to see how it actually plays.

The 60% thing is a bit scary though. I just no longer have the energy or drive to love or hate anything else about this game at the moment. The game just needs to finally come out and we need to move on to the next one.

Lex

Administrator
That assist/ res mechanic is very co-op multiplayer 0_o but I do appreciate it. I also appreciate how the other characters actually assist/ res the other NPC's too.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Post is up. But I am way out of practice (I want to back into posting again). Could someone figure out how/teach me how to embed that youtube video, and how to get the text I put before the "Read More" break to...show up on the front page? :duhard:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I can't remember if I ever embedded youtube videos. :wacky:

The text you want to show up on the front page goes into the excerpt box below.
I don't think the read more break actually does anything on our site...? :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I took care of those changes for you, Force (just copy-paste the coding for YouTube videos into new articles when you need it and swap in the new URL). Good job, by the way

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Now this is something interesting and different. A sort of wildlife documentary of the creatures in the game (minus the narration)...

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Between this, the release of Distant Worlds III yesterday, that wacky mod...and there was something else. There might even be enough for a Weekly Roundup this week,haha

Top Bottom