Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Ghost, I actually like the father/son loving going on. :awesome: It's nice to see strong parent/child relationships in a FF game. Last one that had that was X, I think (last and only??)

If you count spending most of the game hating/attempting to kill him. Unless you mean Rikku.

Bets on how long until father dies/is dead for in game? Anyone? Biological fathers are evil or dead, (almost) inevitably.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Well, it was a strong relationship. :wacky: But Tidus and Jecht did, in the end, care about each other. And Rikku and her dad, I totally forgot about them. :awesome: They are a good parent/child team.
It looks like Noctis and his dad have a much closer and caring relationship, at least when he's a child.
Of course, his father does have a high percentage of dying, since most FF characters are either parentless or have bad relationships with their parents. I'm hoping this FF game will actually show a good relationship and maybe keep the father alive for a while, at least.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Seconded what Flare said...I want that as a print.
And I'm assuming the black haired lady is the same one in one of the original concept arts...the girl with green eyes...?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I was wondering that too. Is the black haired lady in the painting the same mysterious black haired lady that they have yet to reveal a name for in the game? The dragoon?

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I honestly feel like SE constantly hyping Lunafreya up as a strong character is a gimmick. They didn't feel the need to keep mentioning it about any of the series' previous female characters. I'm sure I'll like Lunafreya but they're going about it the wrong way to me.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I honestly feel like SE constantly hyping Lunafreya up as a strong character is a gimmick. They didn't feel the need to keep mentioning it about any of the series' previous female characters. I'm sure I'll like Lunafreya but they're going about it the wrong way to me.

100% agree.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
By saying she's the divine oracle and someone important?

They keep saying that she's tough and strong during almost every topic concerning her. I feel that they should just show more showing than telling like with every other female character in the series.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I don't think she's constantly hyped. She's only been in existence for what, a year now? :wacky:
Basically the most hype I've seen of her is in that description and recent trailer. I think she looks cool. :awesome:

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I finally took some time to watch that recent chocobo and fishing video. I love those graphics and everything, I mean wow, what the heck is this glorious looking wonder? O.O That area with the chocobo's looked like it just got done pouring rain; is there gonna be changing weather in this game too?
I love how the chocobo's can glide and then skid on the ground like that. Their tail feathers bob realistically too, not just sticking out stiffly like they have glue stuck in them.

Those winged gator beasts look cool. Also those deer things look cool. I absolutely love the real feel to the world from these recent trailers, the wildlife looks amazing.

And the fishing looks entertaining. Anyone else think that plate of food at the end of the trailer looked real?

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
This swarm of new info is getting me hyped. Still don't have a PS4 though :(

Dragonslayer Ornstein

Pro Adventurer
I finally took some time to watch that recent chocobo and fishing video. I love those graphics and everything, I mean wow, what the heck is this glorious looking wonder? O.O That area with the chocobo's looked like it just got done pouring rain; is there gonna be changing weather in this game too?
I love how the chocobo's can glide and then skid on the ground like that. Their tail feathers bob realistically too, not just sticking out stiffly like they have glue stuck in them.

Those winged gator beasts look cool. Also those deer things look cool. I absolutely love the real feel to the world from these recent trailers, the wildlife looks amazing.

And the fishing looks entertaining. Anyone else think that plate of food at the end of the trailer looked real?

Yeah, it looks like something. Anyone getting a real FF8 HD feel from this world? It looks like if the realistic setting from that got it's own game.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
ORMORGORSH guys does this not look like the dog in the trailer???
2939925-ffxv4.jpg

Also...Noctis was in an accident? (Wheelchair and bandage).

I'm getting a very Cosmos vibe from Luna. :awesome:
2939923-ffxv2.jpg

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
HUUUHH It does look like that dog! I knew something look familiar about it (love that pic too). Maybe they both got puppies from the same litter and they still have those dogs even now. O.o

Oh, remember when there was the whole 'near-death experiences causing you to have powers' thing? Is that still going on in the story, being related to Etro? Maybe this scene is depicting Noctis after he had that near-death experience.

And where'd you find that bottom pic? Is that from the game? Holymshit it looks so real and cool! :excited:
I heard Luna's going to have a fight scene in the game.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
All those pics came from the article I linked to. :D

I’m really digging this Gentiana character so I’m doing some basic internet research/speculation here using Google and Wikipedia as my primary sources so take this all with a grain of salt. :D

+ Gentiana is a flowering plant used in herbal medicine. It’s typically blue in color, apparently it has multiple medicinal qualities, and it’s bitter.

+ Gentiana may or may not be named after an Illyrian king named Gentius.
^ I tried reading a little bit about this guy but my eyes started to glaze over after a few sentences.

And…that’s all I found. There are like 9384290849023840294 types of Gentrian and I just cba. :monster:

hian

Purist
I'm really looking forward to this game, and have been for a while. The only thing I'm impartial to at the moment is the color-scheme of the game (the colors are way to drab, making even wildly different flora and fauna look way too similar for my taste), and the battle system, which felt kinda lack-luster in the demo.

Don't get me wrong, I like the realistic art-direction of this game, and I'm not against action-based game-play on a general basis (DmC3 being one of my favorite games) - I just feel as if the color-scheme/filter or whatever takes away a lot of the feel of the game. In many ways, I actually prefer a lot of the scenes from the trailers when the game was running on PS3 in that regards.
And, I feel as if SE still hasn't really gotten down how to do good action-RPG battle systems, and a title like FF15 really isn't one where you should be experimenting - it should be one where that kinda stuff has already come together (seeing as Type-0 was an excellent testing ground for the new SE trend of battle-systems - in fact, I prefer the feel of that to FF15).

The removal of party member changes in battle, the muddy targeting system and controls detract a lot from the experience. Hopefully, they'll fix most of that along with the lack of impact-feedback when you hit the enemies.

The exploration etc. seems fantastic though. Love the Chocobos, and the fishing seems pretty neat as well. If they take what they learn through this game and bring it with them into the development of FF7:R, I think we might look forward to two pretty good games.

I also wish they had made a bit less uniform of a cast. I don't really have a problem with an all-male cast, but when they're so similar in build, outfits and coloring, it really does feel less interesting to watch.
FF games have always visually speaking been really interesting because of the colorful and varied nature of the casts, both in terms of clothing, shapes and sizes, and it really is candy to the eye.
FF15 lacks a certain "omph" in that regards.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
HUUUHH It does look like that dog! I knew something look familiar about it (love that pic too). Maybe they both got puppies from the same litter and they still have those dogs even now. O.o

Oh, remember when there was the whole 'near-death experiences causing you to have powers' thing? Is that still going on in the story, being related to Etro? Maybe this scene is depicting Noctis after he had that near-death experience.

And where'd you find that bottom pic? Is that from the game? Holymshit it looks so real and cool! :excited:
I heard Luna's going to have a fight scene in the game.

The near death part is still in. I'm not sure about giving powers part.

Top Bottom