Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
re: box art, I was kinda thrown there for a sec that, regardless if busy or reversable, it didn't have the Amano logo on the background of the words. iirc it had ALWAYS been like that.

And then I saw Flare's post and was like "wtf XII did that too?" and had to check my game. Just doesn't feel right without the Amano xD

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer

Fifteen instalments into a series, I think they don't need to justify that.

Caught up to date on Brotherhood, while I still don't like most of the character names, they're well put together.

Re Civilisation, that cover is crowded and busy, but that is exactly what you want for the cover of a game like civilisation.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Hey, since the movie FFXV: Kingsglaive came out in Japan on Saturday, did anyone who live in Japan see it yet?

If not, then nevermind.

I'm not sure if it'll be shown in other countries outside both Japan and America or not. Sure the movie will come with the actual game in 2/3 months time(not to mention that it'll probably be sold seperately on DVD and BluRay).

I just know that I'll be bawling my eyes out at the powerful emotional scene. Heck, I hate to admit it, but I even cried at the ending of the original film "The Wizard of Oz" when I was younger.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Today Streamline Studios announced their collaboration with FINAL FANTASY XV.

STREAMLINE STUDIOS has had over 200 AAA creative collaborations over 15 years including AVATAR, BIOSHOCK INFINITE, STAR CITIZEN, and STREET FIGHTER® V.

With these we have a total of 4 confirmed collaborations (Hexadrive, XPEC Entertaiment, Plusmille, Streamline Studios) out of the 9 asian companies collaborating with the game's development.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
@Force: I kinda get what you're saying, but to me the vast majority of them still look busy (to my eyes, as a European who's used to the plain text + logo).

Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg

But my standard for it not being busy is literally just having the logo on there vs. having a shiny catch-your-eye image with it, because america. I actually prefer the Japanese box art to even the EU box art because the logo is smaller XD.

Like if it absolutely HAS to have an image I think the front of the PC and US cases get it right by having JUST the character in colour and the background greyed out, but even then it looks off centre. But I definitely prefer the image of Cloud (because it's iconic and also in the EU manual) used in the US version rather than the front-on used in the PC version. Regardless, I still think it looks better with no image at all.

oKXicd8.jpg

I would like to know how exactly how the american box art is "extreme and lousy"?

I don´t remember if I(or any of you) posted the other box arts of the game, I´ll do it regarless, they could make for a good comparison.

Japanese Box Art:
FinalFantasyXV-1.jpg

American box art
CmzDgQ1VYAABRHz.jpg

Special edition box art (I think this one is for Europe only, also not to be confused with the deluxe edition)
final-fantasy-xv-special-edition.jpg

FFXV Deluxe Editon Box Art
612kNhMPHLL.jpg

As Force (and I now) explained, it's not referring specifically to XV, though I do think most of those covers are pretty "busy". It's just personal preference. I'm annoyed that they're moving away from exclusive EU cover arts (and have been doing so since XIII) because I just like a simpler design.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Apparently the reversible cover for EU is logo on white, the others are logo on black.

I honestly think this logo looks better on black...it's how it's been presented from the very beginning! D:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So Luna's brother and Gladio's sister are gonna be in the game. No surprise about Ravus being in the game. Interesting tidbit of info in the article about him though. And now we know who the dark haired girl in the car with the guys is. :monster:

Wow, so Luna's brother gave up his title to go be an officer in the Niflheim army? That's definitely setting up some sibling drama later on in the game. As a matter of fact, it kinda reminds me of a certain plot point in another FF game... :shifty:

I really need to go watch Brotherhood. I've been putting it off.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i remember the 2d thing having some annoying requirement to get it

like, why can't you just include it as a day one package or in the many game bundles and box sets (mainly the film/anime one with the cool box because that's what i was getting)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Last edited:
Top Bottom