Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
They MIGHT add more theaters but I wouldn´t hold my breath.

Well, considering it says "check back later for more theaters"...

It already has a few big cities on this list. Lake Buena Vista isn't even that major--it's just close to Orlando. I'll hold out hope for a little bit longer.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
More theaters coming soon?!?! I know Seattle is only like an hour and a half away from me but there's so many other big cities nearby too that hnnnng I'm feeling selfish and wish it was closer :closedmonster:

I need to kidnap my sister and cousin and have them drive me down to see this because they know they want to see it too :wacky:

Anyways I've noticed a couple visual references in that new trailer. Like Tets says there's that Weapon looking thingie, but did I also just see a giant Ultros-like octopus monster? :D

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Prototype Static Arts bust of King Regis.

CoJnQP6VIAAVNsZ.jpg:large

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I'm really liking the new bust ideas from SE. I would love to have some busts of favorite characters (or the XII Judges :awesome:)

Ghost X

Which raises the question, what will it appear like in FFVII's remake? :P. And what is its role in FFXV. It doesn't appear in the artwork I linked last time :P.

hian

Purist
I'm already seeing rumors about FFXV's world being tied somehow to FFVII.

Not that this is new. There where rumors about this since back when it was still Versus, because so many of the characters appearing in the early trailers looked a lot like FFVII characters - like how early King Regis model looked eerily similar to Reeves, and how you had to characters by his table looking similar to Tseng, Reno and Rude - albeit older - and how the facial outline of the guy smirking under the white hood with the gray hair looked a lot like Sephiroth. And now FFVII's Weapons popping up as well?

Although this is completely in the land of conspiracy theory - I'm starting to wonder if not a large part of FFXIII-Versus/FFXV's development is actually directly done in some way to facilitate the remake, and was intended to do that since the beginning.

I'm starting to wonder, even if the worlds are entirely unrelated, if not the development process of the two are actually closely linked.
Although they said that the decision to do the FFVII remake happened fairly recently, a lot of stuff they said earlier in interviews seem to line up (how it would take ages to make FFVII in modern graphics due to size, that they wanted to make one FF game to surpass VII before releasing a remake), added to the fact that based on the game-play trailer for the Remake a lot of the animations and game-play elements seem to remind heavily of, if not directly lifted from FFXIII-Versus/FFXV.

I guess what I'm saying - what if FFXIII-Versus/FFXV's 3D and animation resources, game-play systems/designs, have largely been made since the very beginning as a means of being applicable to an upcoming remake, and that also being tied together to why the development has taken so long?

I know it's completely bonkers as a theory, but sometimes SE just comes out with these weird surprises completely out of left field (like the FFVII PS4 port troll thing being done whilst the remake had already been green-lit).

I can imagine Hashimoto and Co just going "Okay, it's gonna take forever to make this game, so we'll use this other spin-off game as a jump-off point to develop the resources and tools for making the remake, and then when it's finished, we can release the remake 1 year or so after, and nobody will see it coming!"

Probably pure fiction, but hey - you have to wonder when they start including things that are almost copy-pasted out of VII, and only VII.

EDIT :
Damn, looking at old trailers of Versus. I still think this game looks better than FFVX. The battles seem faster and more fluid, the ability to change characters, and the way the play differently etc.
The blood in the combat, the U.I - I don't know, I just prefer the feel and look of it compared to what it's now...
And the magic - It looks like a real magic system, instead of this "throw a grenade with a magic effect in it" thing that they're going for now.

Last edited:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Man all these announcements I have missed.

Regarding movie theaters, I live an hour away from Lake Buena Vista, but I also haven't done a long drive like that yet, so I'm a bit worried about that. Shouldn't be to bad really but there are some stupid drivers in FL.

Top Bottom