Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lex

Administrator
Well, that's a hell of a lot better than I thought it would do. I'm mildly excited for it now.

Purple

Charmed
^ Surprised how well Kingsglaive is doing as well. I wonder how the English dub would fare though from that 10 minute preview Aaron Paul doesn't sound bad at all.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Speaking of KINGSGLAIVE, here is how the movie is performing:

The movie has been watched by over 70,000 people in Japan, grossing over 100 millon yens (roughly 995K US$) in 10 days. Likely to have surpassed the 1M mark in a few more days.

KINGSGLAIVE score in IMDb, rated by over 100 peolple at the time of this writing: 8.7/10
KINGSGLAIVE score in Yahoo!Japan, rated by over 800 people at the time of this writing: 4.49/5

Tabata and whoever else directed this movie(and despite that said latter was said to have directed Advent Children, that's completely false since it was Nomura who directed that film back then 11 years ago) must've done extremely well to have this box office hit.

Whenever the movie comes out, you guys should do a commentary for it and brotherhood

I know that I sound typically stupid here, but I've never been fan of commentaries. They take the fun out of either playing the games with some help or watching episodes/movies online when you can't even get them on DVD or have the money to buy them.

Well, that's a hell of a lot better than I thought it would do. I'm mildly excited for it now.

I wouldn't even be suprised if the movie itself would be released separately on BluRay and DVD after the special edition release of the game if it's doing so well right now.

^ Surprised how well Kingsglaive is doing as well. I wonder how the English dub would fare though from that 10 minute preview Aaron Paul doesn't sound bad at all.

Must've been very emotional that Tabata should be a movie director as well as a game director if people love Kingsglaive so much. If the film alone is doing a success now, imagine how the game itself will go when it's released in a few months.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Tabata and whoever else directed this movie(and despite that said latter was said to have directed Advent Children, that's completely false since it was Nomura who directed that film back then 11 years ago) must've done extremely well to have this box office hit.

(...)

Must've been very emotional that Tabata should be a movie director as well as a game director if people love Kingsglaive so much. If the film alone is doing a success now, imagine how the game itself will go when it's released in a few months.
Tabata is only the producer of Kingsglaive, Takeshi Nozue is the only director. He also co-directed Advent Children, alongside Nomura.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Whenever the movie comes out, you guys should do a commentary for it and brotherhood

I know that I sound typically stupid here, but I've never been fan of commentaries. They take the fun out of either playing the games with some help or watching episodes/movies online when you can't even get them on DVD or have the money to buy them.

No one said you would have to watch if they did do a commentary. :monster:

Thank you Lulcielid for the Kingsglaive information! I'm delighted to hear that it's doing good over in Japan. I now need to look and see where the closest theater airing it will be so I can plan. :D

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
No one said you would have to watch if they did do a commentary.

I know. I just find them annoying. I do my best to avoid them. Do you know how hard it is to find anything online that doesn't have commentary?

Ghost X

Is it just me / am I missing something or is under a million not really much money? I wonder how much they put into the production of the movie. Hopefully the game is more profitable, especially when games are outperforming blockbuster movie profits these days.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Is it just me / am I missing something or is under a million not really much money? I wonder how much they put into the production of the movie. Hopefully the game is more profitable, especially when games are outperforming blockbuster movie profits these days.
Kingsglaive had a limited release of 44 theaters in Japan.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
No one said you would have to watch if they did do a commentary.

I know. I just find them annoying. I do my best to avoid them. Do you know how hard it is to find anything online that doesn't have commentary?

I know how hard it is to find something that doesn't have the sound tweaked to avoid copyrights, and I'm sure it's the same feeling! :lol:

I think considering its limited release and the fact that it's a video game movie it's done rather well. But yeah, technically most films that hit the silverscreen do have to make a couple million to consider it a success. I'm sure they'll see more profit from it when it hits the States and when the game comes out. The ultimate edition will have it, but I'd still like to see it in theaters to get that experience out of it.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
IGN livestreaming at SDCC a segment KINGSGLAIVE, starring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jehf-Dhwyao
EDIT: Already ended.

director, Takeshi Nozue
translation lead for FFXV/Kingsglaive, Dan Inoue
product [manager], Mat Kishimoto

New poster:
CoEwbKfXEAAhSR6.jpg

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Hype increases. What are these giant figures I wonder? We've seen them in the Dawn trailer for the first time...
The one on the right looks like Emerald Weapon, doesn't it?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Today at 7:30 PM PDT, there will be a KINGSGLAIVE panel in a SDCC livestream, where they will reveal a new trailer + the release date for the digital download & Blu-Ray of the movie.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
New poster:
CoEwbKfXEAAhSR6.jpg

I love the new poster. Just reading 'Sean Bean' and 'Lena Headey' on there gets me hyped. Like wow, they're in a FF movie as VA's. Wow.

Anyways are those really giant figures fighting in the city? Like dang, what's going on. God I want to see this in theater's so bad. :D

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Hype increases. What are these giant figures I wonder? We've seen them in the Dawn trailer for the first time...
The one on the right looks like Emerald Weapon, doesn't it?

Do you want some light KINGSGLAIVE Spoilers?

I already spoiled myself slightly by going on FFWikia looking for high-res renders. >_>

But I think I'm going to just try and avoid more until I actually see the film. There's already been so much info put out about the game and everything else; I just wanted to actually be surprised about something.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Here are the list of theaters that will show Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV on August 19th
CoGeHvFVMAA-Oy0.jpg

YOU NINJA YOU.

Lake Buena Vista is the closest one to me. That's about a 4 1/2 hour drive. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for one showing in Atlanta, which will be a slightly shorter drive.

Top Bottom