Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
lol @ people's reactions about the "Limited Edition" not being so limited anymore. :monster:

Bonus Content being a popular sell should be expected, I don't think anyone would argue that. Extra goodies are always good. More extra goodies are even better.

It's that elitism that needs to go, however.

Scalpers will always exist in this biz... it's because of them that some of us can still get an L.E. even if it wasn't a day-one purchase.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, framerate and resolution/image clarity are kind of not so great at the moment. Game's pretty blurry at this point.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
In all the excitement I forgot to give my own Analysis of this Platinum Demo:

---The Music is something you just need to STOP and listen to... I'm not even kidding (especially the Title Screen).
---Other than frame-rates and a few bugs, traversal is as it always was in games like these... fun and interesting.
---The design of everything is very realistic... something few games I've played ever go for.
---Coleman is an actual "blade maker" company, in case anyone wanted to know!
---From the blocks to the snacks, to the toy Cars... it felt like Alice in Wonderland for me. It reminded me of all the fun I had as a child, too. Even the "small perspective" reminded me of my childhood!
---There's a few areas in the Dining Room that suggest previews of things to come... like a cave of books to explore, a staircase, and huge mountain to climb leading up to the table.
---The design of the Nightmare Goblins in particular and their behavior is so playful and fantastic... you get the impression they're straight out of myth, even if they're enemies.
---The water is so crisp and clear, and there's even frogs to watch move around!
---There's an area in the courtyard where, if the weather is raining, you can hide under an alcove and not get wet! You can watch the ground and surrounding areas get soaked and hide from the rain! It's beautiful!
---The monsters you transform in to make such interesting noises and sounds, their attacks are interesting, and gives you a lot of unique takes on the bestiary to come!
---In the final area, there's lots of sectors to run around in, even if you're not fighting the boss... from the pools by the "infamous stairs" to the fenced doors and drive-ways.
---Little nice effect is that if you Warp-strike to a lamp post, you actually break the lamp and the lamp will be lying on the ground as a casualty of the damage during the battle.
---I don't think I need to mention the Astrals... the Summons are something I look forward to interacting with IMMENSELY!!! (pun intended)
---The Iron Giant itself is really interesting to watch... besides being a classic beast to fight... it has so many unique attacks, and you have to really know what it's doing and attack patterns to learn how to fight it... I think that's going to be an ongoing feature to monsters this time... learning their habits and how best to dispatch them in strategy.
---Even if it's just a short demo, the story built in is touching, and really leads in to the story of a King and his love for his son.
---Carbuncle's "emotes" are hilarious... he has a funny reaction when you decide to fight the Iron Giant again!
---Speaking of Carbuncle, I think as a bonus for clearing this demo, he'll be added to your Astrals List in the main game if you do a save transfer! FREE GFS!! :D

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
---Speaking of Carbuncle, I think as a bonus for clearing this demo, he'll be added to your Astrals List in the main game if you do a save transfer! FREE GFS!! :D

Hmm... then is it a bad t hing that I decided to name him "Fuckin' Furry"? :monster:

Vis-a-vis framerate etc etc that doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is when it's night time and I cast Meteorrain how it gets so bright from the attack that I straight up can't see anything.

Realistic or not that's the kind of thing that could be quite annoying / lethal in gameplay.

Edit: Since I finally found which of my youtube accounts this video saved to (yes I have a few accounts, don't judge me) Here is the video of my no crystal no plate speed run. Not the most graceful run...

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol @ people's reactions about the "Limited Edition" not being so limited anymore. :monster:

Bonus Content being a popular sell should be expected, I don't think anyone would argue that. Extra goodies are always good. More extra goodies are even better.

It's that elitism that needs to go, however.

Scalpers will always exist in this biz... it's because of them that some of us can still get an L.E. even if it wasn't a day-one purchase.

I do have to admit, though, that I did feel kind of special about getting one. Like I was finally part of the cool kids club. :monster:

Oh well. :P

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Did anybody else notice that grown up Noct's voice used the voice work for Gladio? I don't think this was just a goof since they had the voices from Duscae. I wonder if this meant to be kid Noct imagining he'll grow up to be big and strong like Gladio. He even uses his sword.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Blade said:
I've been laughing my head off ever since they said they were putting Coleman gear in the game. Not because it feels out of place, but for the exact opposite reason. Most of my camping gear is of that brand so seeing them use it gave me the feeling of "I guess they are paying attention to what Americans use on road trips".

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I mentioned this before in a hangout chat that I do appreciate the fold out chairs they use on their trip. :monster:

But are they the actual Coleman brand? Like, are we seeing the logo and everything?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Dat product placement :monster:

I also spotted the Japan Airlines logo on a billboard in the Kingsglaive trailer.

And of course the fucking Audi complete with ads in the background (including the German slogan wtf).

Not gonna lie, takes me out of it a bit.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, it is kind of weird. SE needs to be careful they don't overdo it. It just doesn't seem right for Final Fantasy. :closedmonster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
gameinformer.com will be reporting exclusive content for FFXV several times per week for a whole month
Below the video announcement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1mcnZCy22Y
CfSnKyUWQAA-s6t.jpg

Depending of how blind you want to experience FINAL FANTASY XV, I would reccomend you to do media blackout right now. It should be notice that what they will report may not be necesarilly spoilers but whoever wants a blind experience of the game, abstination is reccomended.

Tweets from someone who play the first hours of the game (spoiler free)
https://twitter.com/Joejuba/status/717383218614276097
https://twitter.com/Joejuba/status/717383434818048001
https://twitter.com/Joejuba/status/717384815788498947

UPDATES TO COME FROM GAMEINFORMER WILL POSTED IN THIS WEBPAGE
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/ffxv.aspx

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Interesting article on FFXIV & FFXV, and the current state of the FF series.

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the XIV thread, but I really enjoyed the read for both aspects. ^_^

This is a nice read, thanks Joe! :)

By the way, has anyone who's played the demo taken any screenshots of all the monsters you can transform into temporarily? I'd love to see them, so if any of you guys feel like taking some shots I'd be super grateful. <3

Edit:

Oooh I just love this artwork <3

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Blade said:
I've been laughing my head off ever since they said they were putting Coleman gear in the game. Not because it feels out of place, but for the exact opposite reason. Most of my camping gear is of that brand so seeing them use it gave me the feeling of "I guess they are paying attention to what Americans use on road trips".

Hey Coleman brand is the brand to use for camping trips.

@Lex- Artworks looks awesome. I am just getting into the loop with all the info, and I'm understanding why everyone has been hyped for this game for so long.

I wonder if Stella is still secretly in the game. She reminds me of Aerith a lot, expect 100% more "I'll kill a bitch."

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
According to the internet, Umbra means "shade" or "shadow". Fitting. :monster:

Now if we could just find out why Gentiana is named after a flower. Hm hm hmmmm. :hohum:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Considering how the Eidolons Ramuh, Titian and Leviathan are all practically giants, wonder what Shiva and other summons are like? Would they be giants too?

That'd be awesome-a giant Ice female summon like a goddess, freezing the enemies like Ice Titan from Hercules.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I was wondering that too! I was looking at that Amano art and picking out summons and, I'm just getting excited thinking about these godlike summons that are huge and powerful. Bahamut pleasepleaseplease be a fucking huge dragon please. :awesome:
I'm just curious which summons will be in the game. Seems like more traditional summons again this time.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
The three monsters you can turn in to in the Demo (I don't know their names specifically so my apologies if I get them wrong):

--Gilgame (the fuzzy Turtle-elephant thing from FF5, very slow and does a stomp attack)
--An Aligator with Fangs/extra fins (he bites twice)
--Something like a Gazelle with complex horns. (swings it's horns around)

Pixel

The Pixie King
Did anyone notice an appearance of Stella at some point during the Uncovered event? When Lex sent the footage over from twitch to youtube, one of the thumbnails it generated was of Stella, but I don't remember seeing her.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Lex did show us past trailers right at the beginning of the stream while we were waiting for the event to start so I don't know if she could have shown up as a thumbnail because of that?

Top Bottom