AKA
Tets
Better quality:

Fk5kxOhaAAAW8RB

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Rumors are circulating about previews releasing in Feb 28th, mentioning previewers enjoyed what they've played.

True, false? we'll see

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

This is a dissapointment, hyper cinematic with little player control. FFXV got it right with their Bahamut, Ifrit and Garuda fight, they have spectacle but don't go so over board to the point of hyperlimiting what the player can do.

What a downgrade.

Last edited:

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield

This is a dissapointment, hyper cinematic with little player control. FFXV got it right with their Bahamut, Ifrit and Garuda fight, they have spectacle but don't go so over board to the point of hyperlimiting what the player can do.

What a downgrade.
?

you still have human vs summon fights like the ones you mentioned with all the battle commands available to the player. Eikon fights are an extra phase where you can control summons, which XV didn't have.

Better yet, this is all without XVs signature clunckiness. It's actually an upgrade in every sense.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Yoshida reconfirms that PC version is happening but says that we shouldn't expect it to come 6 months after console release.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield

the voice and cutscene direction is top-notch

quality-wise this is the best FF has looked before release in a long long time

now remains to be seen if the world the story and its themes will resonate with most people

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Maybe I am too used to FFXIV's gameplay, but the damage numbers (and other text) flying across the screen didn't come across as particularly distracting or overwhelming to me.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Yoshida notes that the world is still huge – but also very detailed. In a video (and later, in our own hands-on with the game) we got to see just what this means. There is a lot of graphical fidelity – I personally think the visuals and effects on show in this game denote the proper beginning of the new generation, it’s that impressive – and though we were only taken on a whistlestop tour of the game in a quick video, what I saw put me in mind of Final Fantasies of old.

There were huge, populous towns, imposing caves and dungeons, huge areas that we were promised we could explore once the game was properly in our hands. I am not expecting Elden Ring levels of freedom here, the game isn’t open world after all, but the detail and fidelity in what we’ve seen so far matches – and possibly even exceeds – what FromSoft did in its 2022 blockbuster hit.

man, they're still hiding so much

Lex

Administrator
I've watched a bunch of preview videos and this game looks incredible. I can't wait to play it. The combat looks RIDICULOUSLY fun.

Reactions: Wol

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It definitely looks like it will be a lot of fun to play. Though it remains true that very little of it feels very Final Fantasy to me. I feel like I point it out because I have to assume there are more FF trappings in the game but they feel like the "grrr" will market better, which is weird, lol. (the lack of playable party members is going to work against that to the end though, I know)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, Yoshida really dug himself into a deeper hole with that ridiculous (and likely) after-the-fact "justification" than if he had just admitted they didn't care enough and/or even consider having a diverse cast in the first place (at least I suspect that's the case).

The fact that his response to Ash Parrish (the author of the above article) asking a follow-up question to the original IGN interview was such a non-answer makes me wonder if SE told him not to discuss issue anymore, or if he still doesn’t get what was wrong with his answer in the November IGN interview (though I suppose it could be both).

Top Bottom