Final Fantasy XVI

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
I’ve seen full takeovers of London buses and even seen ads on my way into work in South Dublin. Never thought Ireland would be a hotbed of Final Fantasy activity but here we are.

Per my previous comment, I’ve been in a Rebirth bubble and praying for a new trailer since the teaser last year so not given XVI too much attention.

You’d think the fact that they dropped a Rebirth trailer only a week ago would fully turn my head, but the strength of the demo has completely captured me. I was surprised they would put a Rebirth trailer out so close to launch, but perhaps they knew all along that the strength of the demo would speak for itself…

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield

LMAOO

btw I talked with someone that knows some leaked information about the game in general. Said cities
have explorable sections

take this with a grain of salt of course.

Lex

Administrator
They promised me no day one update, preorder canceled; gonna order one, nay two more copies of VII Rebirth instead

:flipmonster:
The nice thing about this is that they're apologising profusely for this patch because they made this promise XD

They've also said it's not actually a day one patch in the sense that it'll be applied to the game already (if it's digital) and that people who aren't able to get it should still have a good experience. Which is a far cry from XV at least.

MoLe_BlAdE

Lv. 25 Adventurer
QQ: I'm a bit of a heathen and play with inverted vertical controls. During the Eikon battle, the vertical axis wasn't inverted. Was there an option in the settings for this that I missed? I genuinely kept dying during that Ifrit/Phoenix fight as I couldn't get to grips with the non-invertedness :monster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Sure it "jump straight up" but it was already significantly low compared to previous FF's and it's still below half the amount on COMG FFXV and FF7R had. XVI is tracking to be the lowest selling HD FF game in Japan despite the PS5 selling more in Japan by FFXVI's release than the amount of PS4/PS3 sold in Japan when FFXIII/XV released.
Captura.PNG

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Sure it "jump straight up" but it was already significantly low compared to previous FF's and it's still below half the amount on COMG FFXV and FF7R had. XVI is tracking to be the lowest selling HD FF game in Japan despite the PS5 selling more in Japan by FFXVI's release than the amount of PS4/PS3 sold in Japan when FFXIII/XV released.
View attachment 13646
yeah, that was known from a previous tweet
the jump only shows how beneficial was the demo and the latest japanese livestream for them more than anything.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Worth noting that until recently there was a major scalping problem with PS5s in Japan, so a lot of the actual install base will actually be for consoles being resold in China. That being said, hopefully XVI itself will help boost actual domestic sales.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i thought the eikon action part of the demo would be just a bit of standalone gameplay like an isolated arena to test out the different abilities, rather than more story stuff.

trying out the titan abilities, i can see what that twitter thread was talking about. the blocking/counter seems better than the others (which are basically both nero's grabbing move from devil may cry), at least when i could pull it off. that slowdown accessory helps. also realised that the set up i had playing the story demo originally was wrong and you can't use the auto dodge and slowdown ones together, which i didn't know because i was skimming a lot of the menu texts lol.

i did try a bit of the demo in spanish, but the subtitles and audio didn't matched which is a shame. maybe there was another spanish option i missed that does match the audio because clearly, i can't read things.

Lex

Administrator
A few things will be contributing to this.

1. XIII and XV were both multiplatform titles (yes I know the XBox was basically negligent in Japan but it's still additional numbers)
2. VII:R is a special case. Not only one of the most anticipated games of all time, but released at the absolute height of the PS4's lifecycle
3. The style of the game might just not be appealing to Japan

I don't think this is anything to get twisted up about. There's no way to know how well it's going to do until it's out, and I think it's going to do incredibly well in the west. Japan might be their primary market but they're very clearly targeting the west this time and I honestly think how well the game sells in Japan specifically compared to other FF's is going to have very little bearing on this game's success.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
You can see what looks like a human figure in the flames. Antagonist? Who I think is Joshua

Reactions: Wol
Top Bottom