First taste of Remake BGM

Saven

Pro Adventurer
It's definitely Mark of a Traitor based on Cloud_S' isolated track. This is the original:

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
I am sure it's orchestrated, the clarinet segment at the end of the video sounds much more lifelike than its MIDI counterpart! And the scale is higher too! That's what I hear out at least...

Last edited:

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I had a question. Now that we know the OG tracks will, in addition to their remastered versions, also have actionized versions for combat, anyone have any guesses as to the music that was used in the State of Play trailer?

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
The music has now been ripped from the demo, and can be found in this post (beware spoilers in that thread).

Some interesting stuff to discuss. I'll spoiler tag it just in case.

As we've known since the E3 2019 demo build, the music is handled very dynamically, so there are often multiple versions of each track. In some cases the game will fade between two different arrangements of the same song depending on the situation, in other cases it will progress through a sequence of tracks depending on player triggers, such as the multiple phases of the Scorpion Sentinel fight or the different setpieces of the escape from the Reactor.

They appear to have left behind a temp version of the Scorpion Sentinel boss fight music ("bgm_guard_scorpion") that reuses a mixture of "Savior" and "Those Who Fight Further (AC Version)" from Advent Children, chopped up into six sequential tracks. The final version of the fight instead uses the new orchestral arrangement we've all already heard, "bgm_mako1_06", also comprised of six sequential tracks.

Another temp piece, "bgm_mako1_08", is a pair of tracks reusing "Violator" and "Savior" from Advent Children for what would presumably be the conclusion of the Bombing Mission sequence.

There is an alternate arrangement for the E3 demo build "bgm_mako1_04_e3" comprised of three tracks compared to the PSN demo build's "bgm_mako1_04" comprised of seven tracks, presumably because the E3 demo was abridged.

There seems to be twelve tracks for the Sector 6 Sewers (ungd6) divided into cutscene (cut) and field music (field). These include new arrangements of "Shinra Company" and "Those Who Fight" and what I believe to be some completely new pieces, perhaps lightly incorporating elements of "Lurking in the Darkness", including what sounds like a completely new battle theme to me, which I'd describe as distinctly different from "Those Who Fight" and "Those Who Fight Further" but still stylistically similar. These seem to end with a couple more temp cutscene tracks, "Sign" from Advent Children and "Memories with Lucrecia" mixed with "Messenger of the Dark" from Dirge of Cerberus which could have some potentially interesting implications when considering other datamined filenames.

The Squats minigame has its own EDM arrangement of "Those Who Fight" and victory fanfare.

There's also a new "VR Menu" track, which together with one of the leaked screens implies there will probably be some VR Mission system in the game.

And then there's also a wide array of Jukebox tracks, presumably for use in Seventh Heaven.

Beyond that there's not much else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom