Iron Man

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Totally agree.

IIRC from watching the extras on the Iron Man DVD/Blu ray, didnt they name Obadiah's suit the Crimson Dynamo as a passing reference?

waht

most of the merch calls it the Iron Monger

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I rewatched the extras on the dvd release. They definitely refer to it as the crimson dynamo a few times in in there :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
The hall of armor is at comic con :

snggzp.jpg

Stole it from the Iron Man FB page, linking to the photo directly was borked.

Ghost X

Why would he keep physical copies of his old armour? Villains have a habit of breaking in and stealing his shit n' all. Oh yeah, plot device.

That pisses me off the most about IM2. Rhodey steals his suit, even tho it needs an arc reactor to work, and its in Starks chest. He has no reason to build one INTO the suit.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
That pisses me off the most about IM2. Rhodey steals his suit, even tho it needs an arc reactor to work, and its in Starks chest. He has no reason to build one INTO the suit.

Except if he wanted Rhodey to take the suit and become his successor as Stark thought he'd die.

It's kind of hinted at at points. Fury asks him in the diner how he could just walk in and take the damn thing and Black Widow remarks that the suit is supposed to require some authorization and shit. Presumably, Stark authorized Rhodey for using the Mk.II and built in a functioning reactor for that purpose.

Ghost X

Fortunately these potential plot holes or subtle plot complexities go right over my head most of the time.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
One line saying the suit needed authorization isnt enough to validate that.

It's not just the line, but also the look she gives him and his awkward looking away, like "shit, she saw through me".

It's subtle, but it's definitely implied imo. :monster:
Also, considering there's JARVIS and you need him to have that shit assembled around you, it's practically impossible for Rhodey to have taken the suit unless that's what Tony would have wanted.

That scene in the diner had Nick Fury specifically pointing out that supposed plothole of someone just being able to take the suit so easily for a reason.

Last edited:
It's not just the line, but also the look she gives him and his awkward looking away, like "shit, she saw through me".

It's subtle, but it's definitely implied imo. :monster:
Also, considering there's JARVIS and you need him to have that shit assembled around you, it's practically impossible for Rhodey to have taken the suit unless that's what Tony would have wanted.

That scene in the diner had Nick Fury specifically pointing out that supposed plothole of someone just being able to take the suit so easily for a reason.
I always took that look as "Oh shit, she caught me, I forgot/didnt do it". not "I gave him authorization because Im gonna die"

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Then theres also the first movie where uhhh..uhhh.

Rhodey declines taking the suit and drives a car!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Then theres also the first movie where uhhh..uhhh.

Rhodey declines taking the suit and drives a car!

Tony could have easily decided to authorize and upgrade the suit in the interim, specifically because he was dying.

Ghost X

I was trying to find this thread a few days ago, but failed. Some recent io9 article reckoned China is getting a pretty much entirely different film. At least the villain could be different and such. Political correctness gone stupid. If this is the case, I'd like to see both/all versions of the film.

Ghost X

I much prefer United's style over the one in that first link. However, the way things are animated don't look realistic. They should just do an adult version of Armored Adventures :P.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
That technovore trailer looks pretty badass. The CGI was a turnoff at first but the animation looks so much better than Madhouse's last Iron Man project (srsly, Tony had some stupid looking hair in that one.) Also was not expecting to see Punisher.

As for the second trailer...what is Spider-Man doing in Tony's armor?

Top Bottom